1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

arnie-levin-if-you-think-something-is-rotten-in-the-state-of-denmark-press-one-now-cartoon.jpg

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

My totals were:

SS-$742 shipped

BBTS-$624 shipped

Could it be that BBTS will use someone other than UPS, a shipper that has a better dimensional weight rate so they don't charge as much like USPS? Or did they just goof with their estimate and being great about it?

My totals were:

SS-$742 shipped

BBTS-$624 shipped

Could it be that BBTS will use someone other than UPS, a shipper that has a better dimensional weight rate so they don't charge as much like USPS? Or did they just goof with their estimate and being great about it?

No it's UPS. They either got a huge discount or just decided to honor a low shipping rate even after realizing the size of the box.

That's the most difficult part for me; at Sideshow's pricing this toy car costs nearly as much as my first real car.

There are people paying hundreds for 1/6 articles (AS IN ONE PIECE!) of clothing... and near thousand for some sculpts... nothing phases me anymore!

No it's UPS. They either got a huge discount or just decided to honor a low shipping rate even after realizing the size of the box.

I wonder if it was Hot Toys that gave them the wrong info then for the preorders and it ended up larger than expected. All it takes is an inch or two on one side to push it over. Props to BBTS for honoring the price, that is what earned them my business and future business as well.

So Dean posted up a video of the recent pictures provided to us by Jay and something quite interesting caught my eyes.

The very first picture shows the shield but here it's a very nice looking matte finish. 3/4 into the video you see it again. It looks nice and has a matte finish again, cleaning showcasing that it's the one from before.

However, later pictures from him also show it looking glossy and just down right cheap.

Any guesses on what's going on? It looks like two completely different shields.

9266864602_cb560cf422_b.jpg

9264090583_1d9a620262_b.jpg

9266864358_f5ee042c86_b.jpg

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6ER_eM1534&feature=c4-overview&list=UU8MQ_lmv1Gkwvt950BBDw3A[/ame]

That's who I ordered through as well. The hell with SS and their gouging. Too bad recently BBTS and others can't do a discount. Now we are all MADE to pay SS prices. Now it's a matter of shipping costs.

Bbts does have $50 discount , I did po from them, as well as midtowncomic (I po before yesterday)

simple explanation. pictures are from before he removed the film and other pictures in the video are from after realizing there is a protective film on it ;)

So Dean posted up a video of the recent pictures provided to us by Jay and something quite interesting caught my eyes.

The very first picture shows the shield but here it's a very nice looking matte finish. 3/4 into the video you see it again. It looks nice and has a matte finish again, cleaning showcasing that it's the one from before.

However, later pictures from him also show it looking glossy and just down right cheap.

Any guesses on what's going on? It looks like two completely different shields.

Does the shield cocoon have a protective film layer that peels off? Maybe that's it? The windshield on the canopy hatch and the two circle windows on the sides have em.

IMG_3786.JPG

That's the only thing I can think of.

Bbts does have $50 discount , I did po from them, as well as midtowncomic (I po before yesterday)

Midtown still has it at 579 but shipping is still listed as TBD...

simple explanation. pictures are from before he removed the film and other pictures in the video are from after realizing there is a protective film on it ;)

Does the shield cocoon have a protective film layer that peels off? Maybe that's it? The windshield on the canopy hatch and the two circle windows on the sides have em.
That's the only thing I can think of.

If it is a film over it, how is it on so tightly? Usually a protective film like that would have bubbles all over it, I mean look at the rigged design of the shield. How is it possible for a film to be on like that where it completely embodies the entire thing to not have any bubbles on those areas?

I want to believe that it is a film because quite frankly the matte version looks stunning compared to the glossy look. Who knows. Hopefully we get some confirmation soon.

There are people paying hundreds for 1/6 articles (AS IN ONE PIECE!) of clothing... and near thousand for some sculpts... nothing phases me anymore!

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

Yup, lighting reacting differently with protective film and without.

Or just lighting in general.

I think the film on the cocoon can be peeled off, indeed. Maybe Dean's video wasn't edited in proper order. Too bad I can't pry the cocoon and see for myself at the risk of getting kicked out of the store yesterday.

Anyway, comparing the pictures from the actual unit I saw, IMO this vehicle is best displayed with CANOPY CLOSED. Leaving the canopy open breaks the sleek lines and curves of the car, messing up with the over-all bad-a** silhouette of Furst's masterpiece. That's just me, though.

I think the film on the cocoon can be peeled off, indeed. Maybe Dean's video wasn't edited in proper order. Too bad I can't pry the cocoon and see for myself at the risk of getting kicked out of the store yesterday.

Anyway, comparing the pictures from the actual unit I saw, IMO this vehicle is best displayed with CANOPY CLOSED. Leaving the canopy open breaks the sleek lines and curves of the car, messing up with the over-all bad-a** silhouette of Furst's masterpiece. That's just me, though.

Canopy closed > Canopy open

Midtown still has it at 579 but shipping is still listed as TBD...

Yeah that sucks. They're based in New York, and I live in New York, so I already know I'd definitely get hit with tax. The thing is, they charge you for the item cost immediately when you place your order (unlike BBTS which doesn't charge until it is ready to ship)...and then they automatically charge you the tax and shipping when it's ready to ship. So you can't decide if it's still worth it to keep the order once shipping and taxes have been applied...or if you're better off cancelling it and ordering from someplace else (that might charge full retail but still be cheap enough shipping to have a lower overall total)...until it's too late and it's already on its way to you.

Damn, should have jumped on the first batch of the Batmobile from BBTS when I had the chance.

If it is a film over it, how is it on so tightly? Usually a protective film like that would have bubbles all over it, I mean look at the rigged design of the shield. How is it possible for a film to be on like that where it completely embodies the entire thing to not have any bubbles on those areas?

I want to believe that it is a film because quite frankly the matte version looks stunning compared to the glossy look. Who knows. Hopefully we get some confirmation soon.

These films are not applied afterwards. The raw material comes in sheet form with films already applied before being processed. Protects the surface from scratching by the mould as well as all the way to the final consumer.

Yeah that sucks. They're based in New York, and I live in New York, so I already know I'd definitely get hit with tax. The thing is, they charge you for the item cost immediately when you place your order (unlike BBTS which doesn't charge until it is ready to ship)...and then they automatically charge you the tax and shipping when it's ready to ship. So you can't decide if it's still worth it to keep the order once shipping and taxes have been applied...or if you're better off cancelling it and ordering from someplace else (that might charge full retail but still be cheap enough shipping to have a lower overall total)...until it's too late and it's already on its way to you.

Damn, should have jumped on the first batch of the Batmobile from BBTS when I had the chance.

We need to get together for a Batman marathon. :panic:

I'm 45 minutes from you.

Just pick up Biojex on the way over. :rotfl

First 2 movies we watch are the best 2 Batman movies.

Batman and Robin and TDKR.

These films are not applied afterwards. The raw material comes in sheet form with films already applied before being processed. Protects the surface from scratching by the mould as well as all the way to the final consumer.

audi_new-car_wrap_1_07.jpg

Back