1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Well, that's straight up BS to be honest. It's even worse for the folks in California. They have to,

1. Pay $90 something for shipping (huh?)

2. Can't pick it up, even if they're minutes away

3. Have to pay the CA tax

Rape, rape, rape, rape.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I can't believe I'm actually going to buy this. I canceled my pre-order with BBTS and went with AP. Saved myself about $10. Total with $29.95 shipping came to about $612.

Damn it. Just watched popped in the Batman 1989 blu-ray and watched these Batmobile scenes again.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnVl_TXhoZs[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwVNQkxXNV0[/ame]

Bad idea....

Spoiler Spoiler:

I can't believe I'm actually going to buy this. I canceled my pre-order with BBTS and went with AP. Saved myself about $10. Total with $29.95 shipping came to about $612.
What's an AP? Link please?

BBTS has the cheapest shipping
They doubled their rates. It's now full retail plus $85 shipping.

D
$112 seems like rape. I've been pondering it for days, especially after they told me last year that it would be $40 and all these other retailers are shipping it for less.
Especially when Amazon can ship me a 100lb box the size of a coffin for free.

When I shipped Abomination PF to the midwest from East Coast it cost me $85.00, and that sucker was big.

I had no shipping discounts either.

However this is even bigger than that.

Damn it. Just watched popped in the Batman 1989 blu-ray and watched these Batmobile scenes again.

Bad idea....

Spoiler Spoiler:
I just rewatched the movie yesterday because of all the hype for this and man did it only make it worse. :slap

AP collectibles?

CAN WE TRUST THEM?

In the event that Alter Ego puts this back up for order after their shipment arrives, anyone know what their shipping price is?
They're charging $44.99

For those who ordered with bbts before the price jump and shipping raise will they honor it?

For those who ordered with bbts before the price jump and shipping raise will they honor it?

They will. BBTS will honor whatever rate they pre-ordered it to you for. They just likes to bump up their prices on new orders when they can.

Yes. They lock in whatever price you preordered at. There is no shipping raise. It's always been $44 from them and their CS told me last week that it would not be changing.

Yes. I ordered the last one from BBTS before their price hike. It was $580 + $44 shipping. They raise the price once it sells out and then list it again. If you ordered before their price hike, you get the price it had when you ordered it.

So, is BBTS, CSC, Alter Ego, AP and all the other retailers taking a hit/loss on the shipping or is Sideshow over charging for it?

I mean, I figured all these guys must have some deal with UPS or whatever service they use since they're always working with them.

Last edited:

So, is BBTS, CSC, Alter Ego, AP and all the other retailers taking a hit/loss on the shipping or Sideshow over charging for it?

I mean, I figured all these guys must have some deal with UPS or whatever service they use since they're always working with them.
Well with the $100+ they're charging many people, myself included, would say SSC is just over charging. How is that all the other retailers are selling it for $570 + $44 when they get their shipment DIRECTLY from SSC? :dunno

It's a total rip off for them to be charging $100+, not to mention they aren't even offering a solid flat rate cost at that. Some people are getting charged more than others when they're closer to SSC.

It just doesn't make sense.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Back