1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.........I just bought the Hot Toys Batmobile.

I swore I wouldn't do it. I just couldn't possibly justify it, no matter how amazing it looked and the fact that it has the shields and everything and the Batman figure can fit inside.....I just couldn't afford it. The price is INSANE. And it's HUGE. Where am I gonna put something so big? It's a giant plastic car....everyone I know would think I'm freaking crazy.

But it was $260. Brand new. Free shipping right to my door. It'll be here in just two days.

I just sat there looking at the order screen thinking about how I'll feel in 6 months...a year....5 years....knowing I didn't buy it when it was at what is most likely the lowest price this item is ever going to be at. I think the regret of NOT buying it would eat me up more than me regretting just going for it.

So I clicked "order." Just paid for it at the convenience store in cash.

In about 48 hours I'll have one too, just like you guys. It just still feels unreal.

........I did the right thing....right??

Totally. I had the opportunity to get one for $400 shipped, and I don't regret getting it at all. I hope this deal works out for you, it's a great piece.

Do you have a link?

I hope the shipping all the way from there doesn't damage the vehicle since I've read a lot about scratches and scuffs due to poor packaging for shipping.

.........I just bought the Hot Toys Batmobile.

I swore I wouldn't do it. I just couldn't possibly justify it, no matter how amazing it looked and the fact that it has the shields and everything and the Batman figure can fit inside.....I just couldn't afford it. The price is INSANE. And it's HUGE. Where am I gonna put something so big? It's a giant plastic car....everyone I know would think I'm freaking crazy.

But it was $260. Brand new. Free shipping right to my door. It'll be here in just two days.

I just sat there looking at the order screen thinking about how I'll feel in 6 months...a year....5 years....knowing I didn't buy it when it was at what is most likely the lowest price this item is ever going to be at. I think the regret of NOT buying it would eat me up more than me regretting just going for it.

So I clicked "order." Just paid for it at the convenience store in cash.

In about 48 hours I'll have one too, just like you guys. It just still feels unreal.

........I did the right thing....right??

When it arrives can you let us know if it arrived safely. If so I might buy one too. I was hoping they had the camouflage tumbler too but didn't see it

Ah, that couldn't have been an international deal. Still pretty damn good for a local one though. Hopefully its not because its damaged.

I'm in Japan, so it's coming from an Amazon Japan warehouse.

amazon jp has some amazing deals sometimes but unfortunately, they rarely ship toys outside the country!

Yeah, I doubt they ship overseas too. Hey, I have an off-topic question since you live in Japan. Do they sell authentic genuine hand-forged Samurai katanas in Japan (crafted in the traditional blacksmith way) and if so, is it possible to import or bring home on a plane internationally?

Yeah, I doubt they ship overseas too. Hey, I have an off-topic question since you live in Japan. Do they sell authentic genuine hand-forged Samurai katanas in Japan (crafted in the traditional blacksmith way) and if so, is it possible to import or bring home on a plane internationally?

Ohh, i see. i thought he was in the USA. Yah I think the free shipping is "not" for overseas.

I just ordered a "scratched/scuffed" one from BBTS for $429.00 I've been going back and forth for a few days about doing it.
I hope it only has minor scuffing that I can try and rub/buff out. I am pretty nervous, still not 100% sure I did the right thing.
We'll see. I looked around but didn't see any better deals.

^^^ Yikes, I didn't think anyone was going to touch that... It's been up there for a long while now. They show pictures of it, didn't look too nice.

^^^ Yikes, I didn't think anyone was going to touch that... It's been up there for a long while now. They show pictures of it, didn't look too nice.

If that's a response to me, thanks. I feel much better now. Kidding, kind of. I realize I'm taking a chance.

I saw the pictures that BBTS has too. I contacted them about it. I was told they show all the different areas that scuffs
have been found as examples. Not because every car will have all of them. In fact they said most do not. Like I said,
we'll see. If the one I get has a bunch of them I'll just spend some time with my size 12 greeting my own ass. I'm going
to be shaking when I open the box and see it for the first time. There will be a yell. Could be a YES!! or a NO!! I've
heard of some people who got one and they only had a couple very small and superficial scuffs. Of course, I'll get
one that does have them all, and more. Oh, this really isn't helping at all.

I think bringing them on a plane or mailing them isn't the problem....the real problem is finding a REAL one. I've only ever seen replicas. I imagine the real ones are so rare and valuable they simply don't sell them. I'm no expert or anything, but I've never seen a genuine blade made in the traditional way of folding the steel, etc. anywhere other than museums. Replicas are much easier to find and they vary in price depending on quality, but even the most expensive ones are not considered "genuine."

Otomofan, you're going to love it. That price? That price is a steal. If you hadn't pulled the trigger and the deal came and went, you'd be beating yourself up.

From the time it reaches you, to the time you set it up, you'll know it's worth it. Opening this sucker up out of the box and putting on the lights is the best part.

I just ordered a "scratched/scuffed" one from BBTS for $429.00 I've been going back and forth for a few days about doing it.
I hope it only has minor scuffing that I can try and rub/buff out. I am pretty nervous, still not 100% sure I did the right thing.
We'll see. I looked around but didn't see any better deals.

Don't sweat it man! This is what you'll see sitting in your house...and mind you this is a scratched one.
5yhyza8a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So about 36 hours after I paid for it, a delivery guy was carrying what looked like a refrigerator box up the steps to my place.

I unboxed it on the kitchen floor.

It's just....SO...big. So impossibly big!

I've seen hundreds of pics of it online, but I'm so glad I never saw one in person. Not at a toy show, or a shop in Akihabara. My first glimpse of this monster in the flesh was when I pulled the shields off.

Damage-free. No scuffs in the usual spots that plagued so many that got it last year. Everything was factory fresh and sealed and mint, as far as my eyes can discern.

I put it together and stood Batman next to it. He seems too small. Was the real car THAT big? I know they are in scale, but he just seems dwarfed by this behemoth.

I put it on the floor near my other toys. I realized there's no way I can keep this near the rest of my collection. My Masterpiece Transformers, my GI Joes, my Star Wars Black figures, my NECA ED 209...they all just look like ants compared to this thing. All attention is gonna be on this car ALL the time.

I seriously sat and just stared at it for about a half hour, in a daze. It just seems so UNREAL to me that a toy like this really exists, and it's in my room.

And that's another problem...where the hell am I gonna put this thing? It's gonna have to go in the other room. It makes my 1/6th Kaneda Bike, once the crown jewel of collection, look like a cheap little dollar store toy. No, this thing is gonna need its own private display.

Now I see why there are so many posts in this thread about shelves, tables, cases, etc. I think I'm gonna go with a low table actually. A piece this magnificent deserves something decent to rest on.

Man. It's sitting next to me as I'm typing this and I keep getting distracted and find myself staring again.

Just.......wow.

Apologies for the ignorant question, but would anyone be kind enough to provide the dimensions of the car? Especially concerning the precise length, longest part of the width and height? I'm working on renovating a very small corridor in the house for a Batman display, might as well get the Batmobile once I can. Thanks in advance.

Don't sweat it man! This is what you'll see sitting in your house...and mind you this is a scratched one.
5yhyza8a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'm really hoping it just has a few surface scuffs. How was yours? Did you try to fix any of the blemishes?

Back