1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apologies for the ignorant question, but would anyone be kind enough to provide the dimensions of the car? Especially concerning the precise length, longest part of the width and height? I'm working on renovating a very small corridor in the house for a Batman display, might as well get the Batmobile once I can. Thanks in advance.

BBTS has it listed as being 39"L X 16"W X 9"H

BBTS has it listed as being 39"L X 16"W X 9"H

39" in length? Shoot, I don't think I have the space for that. I'm short of 2". Thanks for the info Stratmeister.

Yup, the table where my 89 Batmobile is displayed on has a length of 42", and it has just a few millimeters over an inch of space left on each end.

Thanks, I'm really hoping it just has a few surface scuffs. How was yours? Did you try to fix any of the blemishes?

Mine has some minor scuff marks along the canopy and is noticeable only at a certain angle and with direct sun light shining on it, however, it's only noticeable because I know they are there. No I did not try to fix them; I have a tendency to make things worst when I try to fix something and on an awesome piece like this better to leave it alone than to risk greater scuffing/and or discoloration.

Best of luck with your purchase and I hope you enjoy it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not to rub it in, but the Camo Tumbler is also half off on amazon japan....$260.

So yeah.....the Batmobile is in my room. It's breathtaking, but I still can't help but feel kinda nagged about the fact that I bought something so LARGE and I live in a fairly small apartment in Japan. Everything is small here. This toy takes up almost an entire room. It's like basically changing my lifestyle at this point in order to accomodate this thing!!! I feel like I bought a pet or something and now have to own up to the responsibility that I have to feed it and take care of it and stuff.

It's SOOOOO cool. Yet....it's SOOOO impractical.

I hope once I get a proper table for it, I'll feel a little more comfortable with the amount of space it's taking up. I dunno...maybe some people just need to accept that they can only accomodate smaller collectibles.

I shudder to think what a girl is gonna think when I bring her in here and she sees that I don't have a kitchen table, but I have a table soley dedicated for a giant plastic car!!

Mine has some minor scuff marks along the canopy and is noticeable only at a certain angle and with direct sun light shining on it, however, it's only noticeable because I know they are there. No I did not try to fix them; I have a tendency to make things worst when I try to fix something and on an awesome piece like this better to leave it alone than to risk greater scuffing/and or discoloration.

Best of luck with your purchase and I hope you enjoy it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hear you. If I'm lucky enough to get one with only a couple minor scuffs I may also just leave them be. If they are more
numerous and noticeable, I will attempt a fix. I have a couple different products I've removed scratches from plastic with
really good results. If I do try and fix it, I will try it in a small area somewhere hidden first. I'm concerned about causing
any additional scratching, darkening, glossiness, etc. I wouldn't be happy to replace a scratch or scuff with some other
obvious inconsistency. It's scheduled for delivery on Tuesday. If I do attempt a fix I'll take some good close-up before/after
pics and post them. Either way I'll report back. Maybe it will help someone else considering buying one from BBTS.

Not to rub it in, but the Camo Tumbler is also half off on amazon japan....$260.

So yeah.....the Batmobile is in my room. It's breathtaking, but I still can't help but feel kinda nagged about the fact that I bought something so LARGE and I live in a fairly small apartment in Japan. Everything is small here. This toy takes up almost an entire room. It's like basically changing my lifestyle at this point in order to accomodate this thing!!! I feel like I bought a pet or something and now have to own up to the responsibility that I have to feed it and take care of it and stuff.

It's SOOOOO cool. Yet....it's SOOOO impractical.

I hope once I get a proper table for it, I'll feel a little more comfortable with the amount of space it's taking up. I dunno...maybe some people just need to accept that they can only accomodate smaller collectibles.

I shudder to think what a girl is gonna think when I bring her in here and she sees that I don't have a kitchen table, but I have a table soley dedicated for a giant plastic car!!

Are the prices you're quoting for this and the 89 Batmobile in U.S. Dollars? If so, isn't that below cost?

So about 36 hours after I paid for it, a delivery guy was carrying what looked like a refrigerator box up the steps to my place.

I unboxed it on the kitchen floor.

It's just....SO...big. So impossibly big!

I've seen hundreds of pics of it online, but I'm so glad I never saw one in person. Not at a toy show, or a shop in Akihabara. My first glimpse of this monster in the flesh was when I pulled the shields off.

Damage-free. No scuffs in the usual spots that plagued so many that got it last year. Everything was factory fresh and sealed and mint, as far as my eyes can discern.

I put it together and stood Batman next to it. He seems too small. Was the real car THAT big? I know they are in scale, but he just seems dwarfed by this behemoth.

I put it on the floor near my other toys. I realized there's no way I can keep this near the rest of my collection. My Masterpiece Transformers, my GI Joes, my Star Wars Black figures, my NECA ED 209...they all just look like ants compared to this thing. All attention is gonna be on this car ALL the time.

I seriously sat and just stared at it for about a half hour, in a daze. It just seems so UNREAL to me that a toy like this really exists, and it's in my room.

And that's another problem...where the hell am I gonna put this thing? It's gonna have to go in the other room. It makes my 1/6th Kaneda Bike, once the crown jewel of collection, look like a cheap little dollar store toy. No, this thing is gonna need its own private display.

Now I see why there are so many posts in this thread about shelves, tables, cases, etc. I think I'm gonna go with a low table actually. A piece this magnificent deserves something decent to rest on.

Man. It's sitting next to me as I'm typing this and I keep getting distracted and find myself staring again.

Just.......wow.

Yup, that's exactly how I felt.

Opening the box and lifting up the armor shield cocoon is the best part. It blew my mind. You literally do just sit there for a bit and try to take it all in. The fact that you managed to score it for $260 is one helluva bonus.

Are the prices you're quoting for this and the 89 Batmobile in U.S. Dollars? If so, isn't that below cost?

Yeah, for whatever reason the 89 Batmobile and the Camo Tumbler are both about $260 (US) on amazon japan and that includes free shipping.

That's like half off and the fact that they are shipping these monters for free is INSANE.

I don't know why...don't get it at all. Surplus stock and they wanna thin out the warehouse? No idea, I just jumped at the chance to own a Burton-mobile cause I knew I'd regret it forever if I missed that deal!

Its the beauty of the design of this car that really grabs you. I mean a few guys were saying how it could actually be more 'high end' than it is and I think that's true. And yet it's hard to really care when you're looking at it. Nay, I don't care at all. It just looks so beautiful. The Tumbler never did this for me, that one lost it's novelty pretty quick. Months & months later I'm still staring at this in awe.

Well, that's because the Tumbler is a squat, paneled monstrosity.

The best thing about it was when it gave birth to the Batpod and died.

Yeah, for whatever reason the 89 Batmobile and the Camo Tumbler are both about $260 (US) on amazon japan and that includes free shipping.

That's like half off and the fact that they are shipping these monters for free is INSANE.

I don't know why...don't get it at all. Surplus stock and they wanna thin out the warehouse? No idea, I just jumped at the chance to own a Burton-mobile cause I knew I'd regret it forever if I missed that deal!

Wow, Wow, and holy S*** WOW!!

I just don't understand how they can do that. That's more than half off. Dealer cost for the 89 has to be around $350.00, maybe more?? add free shipping. That's selling at a loss. I could understand for an older, no more interest type product.
Just to get rid of them. But for this? Man am I jealous!

I just paid $429.00 plus shipping for a scuffed one. Real bummer for me, pretty awesome for you though, congrats!

But they don't ship to the U.S., is that correct?

The way I see it is that because the homes in Japan are so small, a lot of people do not have the room to display these rather large collectibles, so I think amazon jp is taking a bath on them. At least this way they can recoup some money and not have it be a total loss. If only they shipped to the US!

I think the only thing amazon japan will send out of japan are books, and even then, only certain books.

I can't even imagine what the shipping would cost from here to the States. Even when my parents send me stuff like shampoo, it's never less than $50.

Its the beauty of the design of this car that really grabs you. I mean a few guys were saying how it could actually be more 'high end' than it is and I think that's true. And yet it's hard to really care when you're looking at it. Nay, I don't care at all. It just looks so beautiful. The Tumbler never did this for me, that one lost it's novelty pretty quick. Months & months later I'm still staring at this in awe.

Totally agree. I boxed everything up a couple of weeks ago for my upcoming apartment moving ( it's only down the street, but hey!). After a couple of nights ( if that) I just had to get the Batmobile back out of its box. Now it's like the only thing in an apartment full of cardboard boxes! It's an amazing thing to have.

All intact!!!

ahe6umed.jpg

vygeby9y.jpg

Well, that's because the Tumbler is a squat, paneled monstrosity.

The best thing about it was when it gave birth to the Batpod and died.

The Bat pod was even more stupid. There was nothing ''practical'' (Nolan's favorite word) about it.

Back