1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Wavestuff, it did look familiar. I have 4 expedits shelves myself and did contemplate displaying my batmobile (still unopened) as you did. Cool!

Hey Wavestuff, it did look familiar. I have 4 expedits shelves myself and did contemplate displaying my batmobile (still unopened) as you did. Cool!

a funny thing is that i just purchased the shelf not once thinking of doing measurements, i just kind of eyeballed it and it just barely fit.

this is how i had it displayed before

40_zpsa8bcf704.jpg

my plan was to put the center table in the middle of the room but my place is too small so i had to put the car where it currently stands. i liked my original plan before because with just the table you could peer over the car and look at the whole vehicle (without toys on the glass of course)

how do you plan to display yours?

a funny thing is that i just purchased the shelf not once thinking of doing measurements, i just kind of eyeballed it and it just barely fit.
this is how i had it displayed before

40_zpsa8bcf704.jpg

my plan was to put the center table in the middle of the room but my place is too small so i had to put the car where it currently stands. i liked my original plan before because with just the table you could peer over the car and look at the whole vehicle (without toys on the glass of course)

how do you plan to display yours?

haha. Funny how it all turned up well for you. For me, I was thinking of getting a custom acrylic case just enough for batman and the car and put it on top of my expedition. Dust is every toy collector's enemy cos once it sticks, that's it...

Last edited:
Lol. Meant to say " place it on top of my expedit". Damn auto correct...
your collection looks cool. Used to collect moc with SW and spawn but 12" figs is all I care now.

i've naturally transitioned to 12" collectibles myself but i'm very selective because these pieces are very expensive and i have virtually no room for more figs.

i think i may have to stop with legendary scale doom, lets see what happens.

ahh there's batman returns............if and whenever it gets made, yeah then i'll stop :)

Funny story, I while putting batman in the car one of his gauntlet spikes came off & was lost in the cockpit. I had to hold the entire car upside down & shake it out. It finally came out. I gotta be more careful with bats getting into the car.

Funny story, I while putting batman in the car one of his gauntlet spikes came off & was lost in the cockpit. I had to hold the entire car upside down & shake it out. It finally came out. I gotta be more careful with bats getting into the car.

Yea, glue on those is not that great. Mine came new with one off.

I've just powered up my '89 Batmobile for the first time I got it and one of the headlamps doesn't light. It's long since past the returns date (I've had it several months), so I can't have it replaced. Does anyone have any experience with repairing / replacing the headlights? If so - how difficult a job is it?

I've just powered up my '89 Batmobile for the first time I got it and one of the headlamps doesn't light. It's long since past the returns date (I've had it several months), so I can't have it replaced. Does anyone have any experience with repairing / replacing the headlights? If so - how difficult a job is it?

There's a video earlier in this forum where a guy took the car apart & I think he showed the wiring & how to repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a video earlier in this forum where a guy took the car apart & I think he showed the wiring & how to repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you.

I didn't find the video, but my search did uncover other helpful posts. It hadn't occurred to me that HT would actually provide LED replacement instructions - I opened up the cover on the "dead" LED and it turns out the LED mount had detached from the bodywork - clipped it back in, and all is well :)

Thank you.

I didn't find the video, but my search did uncover other helpful posts. It hadn't occurred to me that HT would actually provide LED replacement instructions - I opened up the cover on the "dead" LED and it turns out the LED mount had detached from the bodywork - clipped it back in, and all is well :)

Sweet!! That's awesome to get support from HT. I would think so with that kind of $ spent.

Good to hear. I'm really glad those LED lights are so easily accessible.

Sweet Jesus.

I just looked it up to see the going rate on Amazon Japan.

$260 with free shipping.

Oh god. Oh man. What should I do??

Back