1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I don't want to make discussion troll
but since it lacks a year out why not try to correct these obvious flaws?

It doesn't cost anything to try
Hot Toys and see if it will crank out a near-perfect batmobile?

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

417765_251320054952237_100002227331755_619184_1349933031_n.jpg

Looks like the shields are way more inaccurate than anything. The Batmobile? Fix the headlights and I'm completely happy with it.

Looks like the shields are way more inaccurate than anything. The Batmobile? Fix the headlights and I'm completely happy with it.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

But the bottom photo of what looks like a Returns ad from Japan circa 1992, that shield looks more like HT minus the cockpit hump.

Last edited:

Inaccurate or not [I don't think it is), 39 inches is already a very large Batmobile, if it were any longer, I'd have to build it a garage.

That's the problem with 1/6 scale figures. If Hot Toys wanted to make vehicles, they should have thought of that before they made their figures so big. The old GI JOE 12 inch figures had vehicles too, like a Jeep, a space capsule, a helicopter, and a fighter jet, but none of them were the correct scale for the figures.

Wow, those shots of the figure in the Batmobile on display look great. It's going to be difficult to resist having Batman in the cockpit. He looks so cool sitting in the seat. Its like he's about to jump out of the Batmobile like in Batman Returns.

Look to Toyhunter's pics....they seem bigger.

The promo photos are older than the Batmobile shown at Toy Sapiens.

That's the problem with 1/6 scale figures. If Hot Toys wanted to make vehicles, they should have thought of that before they made their figures so big. The old GI JOE 12 inch figures had vehicles too, like a Jeep, a space capsule, a helicopter, and a fighter jet, but none of them were the correct scale for the figures.

Vehicles rarely if ever get made to scale with figures. Same with the Hasbro Star Wars line. Even if a true scale vehicle wouldn't be totally inconceivably large they still don't do it, they still downsize it a bit to meet a set pricepoint.

With over a year away from release, I’m actually enjoying the attention to detail of Blackthornone’s evaluation of the HT Batmobile. :clap

BTW Predatore – love the comparison shots!:goodpost:

Wow, those shots of the figure in the Batmobile on display look great. It's going to be difficult to resist having Batman in the cockpit. He looks so cool sitting in the seat. Its like he's about to jump out of the Batmobile like in Batman Returns.

He does look bad ass.

425829_285401458199511_145970452142613_726735_1577243178_n.jpg
From Toy Hunters

Although the machine guns look cool on this car , and is very cool looking car and will be a year until I receive it, hate to say this but this pic confirms that my toynami one rules and is more impressive as a representation of the car

I'll just have it displayed with batman in front with the remote. That scene was always cool for me. I just don't want to risk doing any damage to the steering wheel and to the figure. And honestly, I think i am more curious and intrigued by the batman being able to sit in the car than actually thinking it looks better hiding most of the figure.

One year away.....Mark!

Although the machine guns look cool on this car , and is very cool looking car and will be a year until I receive it, hate to say this but this pic confirms that my toynami one rules and is more impressive as a representation of the car

Well, to be fair, this particular photo is very poorly photographed and harshly lit. For your own sake, I hope you don't usually confirm anything from just one picture. The official spec shots lighting and presentation of the car is much better than this one shot.

I am sure it will look even better in person, and when board members take their pictures of it, as is almost always the case with figures that are photographed on a showroom floor, vs in the home of a collector that takes the time to get the lighting and presentation just right.

Lighting will really make or break this one on display. It'll be a big badass Batmobile either way, but getting this thing lit correctly will be more important than on say the Batman or Joker alone...IMHO.

Well, to be fair, this particular photo is very poorly photographed and harshly lit. For your own sake, I hope you don't usually confirm anything from just one picture. The official spec shots lighting and presentation of the car is much better than this one shot.

I am sure it will look even better in person, and when board members take their pictures of it, as is almost always the case with figures that are photographed on a showroom floor, vs in the home of a collector that takes the time to get the lighting and presentation just right.

DarkMagic you beat me to the punch...what he said. :exactly:

At more than 3 times the price it should.

With over a year away from release, I’m actually enjoying the attention to detail of Blackthornone’s evaluation of the HT Batmobile. :clap

BTW Predatore – love the comparison shots!:goodpost:

Thank you. In that case, I might continue.

I found 2 more things wrong with it. The side intake scoops are too short, and too round. They should be longer from front to back, and have an elongated shape that points forward somewhat. Since those scoops are too short and they are in proportion to the rest of the side of the car, that serves to indicate that the car is too short. The headlight buckets are not recessed enough. They are barely recessed at all. On the real one, they are set at least an inch, if not two inches deep into the car. You can see a step in the bodywork where the lights are on the real one. On the HT, it is practically flush with the body. Also, you can see that the HT chin spoiler on the fenders have too sharp an edge. It is more rounded off on the real car. That is another unnecessary inaccuracy.

Last edited:
Back