1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Good posting DiFabio. I hereby declare you the true Batman of the Sideshow Freaks forum.

You mean the Batman collectible King? That would mean so much to me. Where is thou crown in the shape of a bat?

I'm going to need a court jester, Jye, would you like to do the honors?

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

You mean the Batman collectible King? That would mean so much to me. Where is thou crown in the shape of a bat?

I actually meant that you are the Batman, but I'll give you the lesser title of Batman collectible king if you wish.

Jye can be your Bat-Mite.

I cant tell if the prototype is painted. Can someone tell me if the Tumbler is actually painted black or is it just the color of the plastic ?

I actually meant that you are the Batman, but I'll give you the lesser title of Batman collectible king if you wish.

Jye can be your Bat-Mite.

:horror :horror :horror

I don't know what it is about shrinking down things to 1/6... but this batmobile looks cooler than I remember.

Are we really going to have to read page after page of this ____?

If you like it, order it, if you dont, GTFO and go to the Crumbler thread.

Hey! We don't need to be dissing the Tumbler :lecture

Are we really going to have to read page after page of this ____?

If you like it, order it, if you dont, GTFO and go to the Crumbler thread.

There's going to be over a years wait, so there's going to be a lot more of _____ like this. Might want to just come back in a year. :dunno

There's going to be over a years wait, so there's going to be a lot more of _____ like this. Might want to just come back in a year. :dunno

Just 200 more pages of speculations, arguments and "lol cats" before there's any news really worth mentioning :lol.

Well, today I Pre-Ordered this and the Tumbler, I'm finally worthy of my sig! :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess:

I'm a fan of the 1989 Batman film and hold the film pretty close to my heart. I'd like to think that I have a good amount of knowledge when it comes to the trivia and behind the scenes of the movie, more than just your average fan. I've obsessively followed the film to a point that, when any new information that I haven't previously known comes up, from a deleted scene, to new behind the scenes stuff, that it gets me excited and even more interested in the movie. I know about the behind the scenes tricks, the deleted scenes, the nike boots, how they made the cape, etc.

From Kenner to ERTL, to Hot Wheels, I've owned a vast amount of collectibles/merchandise for the film.

When it comes to the Batmobile and the film in general, I'm so happy and relieved that I'm not so obsessed with "accuracy" that I find issues with the merchandise/collectible products of the film. It blinds fans who would otherwise be perfectly content with the cool collectibles that have come out. We've seen this with many "expert" members for the Dark Knight and cking with Superman. They're never happy and are always in pursuit of something that will never happen, perfection and perceived "accuracy".

They let the informational, factual aspect take over the fun of the hobby.

None of these things have ever been 100% perfect. Even recently, the new Hot Toys '89 Batman, as fantastic as it is isn't absolutely true to the film counter part. The suit is one piece, the cowl has a texture, the suit has a texture, I could go on and on. You know what though? It's still the best Batman figure to date and I don't really give a damn if it's true to life or not. I didn't work on the film, I'm not privy or in the know about every single detail that has gone on behind the scenes of these films. It's "close enough" and in some ways, in a lot of ways, I prefer Hot Toys' "idealized" version of what they gave us.

The same applies to this '89 Batmobile. Out of the Batmobiles I own, my two favorites have been the Kenner, 1990 Dark Knight Collection Batmobile and the Hot Wheels 1:18th scale die cast Batmobile.

Neither one of them are accurate. The Kenner Batmobile has dark, gold hub caps, no lights, one seat (with a label/decal for the dash and a boxy no less) and isn't in perfect scale for the Batman. The Hot wheels one isn't 100% true to it's on screen counterpart either, especially with those infamous red/orange headlights.

You know what though? They capture the character and essence of the film Batmobile. It was good enough for the kid in me who wanted to play with one and good enough for the adult collector who wanted to collect them.

This Hot Toys Batmobile is no different. Yes, it's a little boxy and there are a few things that could be changed but it's hardly as bad as some would like to make it out to be. It's not the '89 Batmobile? Really? You could have fooled me. I don't care what screen caps or references you show me. These things will never be 100% accurate, not only because they're an entirely different scale, but because even behind the scenes there were differences, ala, MOVIE MAGIC. Not only that, but when you illustrate photos of two different scales, in different lighting, from different perspectives, it's still not a good comparison.

There was a time when '89 Batman product was pretty much non-existent, especially "accurate" high-end quality stuff like these Hot Toys and Toynami collectibles. If you wanted it, you pretty much had to commission it or make your own.

Now collectors are getting what they always dreamed of, and now, for a select few, it's "not good enough". Well as the old saying goes, beggars can't be choosers.

These things have come a long way, just look at one of the very first Batmobile from 1989,

upside-1024x565.jpg

(nothing against you Toy Biz, you were cool for your time)

I have a hard time finding fault with Hot Toys' interpretation of the Batmobile. It's the right size, comes with most, if not all of the main gadgets/weapons, has yellow headlights, a detailed cockpit, working canopy and more. Perfect? No. But no collectible ever is.

Bra:clap Fuc:clap king Vo!!! DiFabio!! Well said!!! Beside this beauty I caved and ordered the Tumbler...screw it why should my BB and TDK be without a ride...to quote a Nam there can be. A lot of "___________" here at times, and complaining about the 89mobile fits that description.

None of these things have ever been 100% perfect. Even recently, the new Hot Toys '89 Batman, as fantastic as it is isn't absolutely true to the film counter part. The suit is one piece, the cowl has a texture, the suit has a texture, I could go on and on. You know what though? It's still the best Batman figure to date and I don't really give a damn if it's true to life or not. I didn't work on the film, I'm not privy or in the know about every single detail that has gone on behind the scenes of these films. It's "close enough" and in some ways, in a lot of ways, I prefer Hot Toys' "idealized" version of what they gave us.

I have a hard time finding fault with Hot Toys' interpretation of the Batmobile. It's the right size, comes with most, if not all of the main gadgets/weapons, has yellow headlights, a detailed cockpit, working canopy and more. Perfect? No. But no collectible ever is.

This posting (even though I edited it down) has a lot of valid points. I find it both interesting and amusing that people get so hung up over the tiniest details of prop/vehicle replication in toys. It's kinda ironic, because when you see the behind the scenes footage and interviews with the people who create this stuff for movies, so many times they just pull things outta their ass, sometimes missing the mark of the original design. The grueling schedule and budget of filming simply necessitate this sometimes. So the things we, as fans, obsess about are often times incidental or accidental.

Thing is, when we _____ so vehemently about tiny details as loudly as we do when something is majorly awry, the people in the creative seat often can't sift through the signal-to-noise ratio. Don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean no criticisms allowed. I get cranky when human likeness is off, because if a high-end ($$$) collectible is supposed to represent an actor, it should actually, I dunno - look like the actor? Likewise, if a manufacturer uses a color palette that not only doesn't match the source material, it makes you go "bleah!", that's a problem. Likewise, using material that's so cheap it breaks in the package before it is ever touched by the purchaser. THOSE are big problems in my book.

But if HT didn't use the golden mean to derive the height of the '89 Batmobile, that doesn't bug me because IT LOOKS COOL AS HELL. :lecture

I'm a fan of the 1989 Batman film and hold the film pretty close to my heart. I'd like to think that I have a good amount of knowledge when it comes to the trivia and behind the scenes of the movie, more than just your average fan. I've obsessively followed the film to a point that, when any new information that I haven't previously known comes up, from a deleted scene, to new behind the scenes stuff, that it gets me excited and even more interested in the movie. I know about the behind the scenes tricks, the deleted scenes, the nike boots, how they made the cape, etc.

From Kenner to ERTL, to Hot Wheels, I've owned a vast amount of collectibles/merchandise for the film.

When it comes to the Batmobile and the film in general, I'm so happy and relieved that I'm not so obsessed with "accuracy" that I find issues with the merchandise/collectible products of the film. It blinds fans who would otherwise be perfectly content with the cool collectibles that have come out. We've seen this with many "expert" members for the Dark Knight and cking with Superman. They're never happy and are always in pursuit of something that will never happen, perfection and perceived "accuracy".

They let the informational, factual aspect take over the fun of the hobby.

The same applies to this '89 Batmobile. Out of the Batmobiles I own, my two favorites have been the Kenner, 1990 Dark Knight Collection Batmobile and the Hot Wheels 1:18th scale die cast Batmobile.

Neither one of them are accurate. The Kenner Batmobile has dark, gold hub caps, no lights, one seat (with a label/decal for the dash and a boxy no less) and isn't in perfect scale for the Batman. The Hot wheels one isn't 100% true to it's on screen counterpart either, especially with those infamous red/orange headlights.

You know what though? They capture the character and essence of the film Batmobile. It was good enough for the kid in me who wanted to play with one and good enough for the adult collector who wanted to collect them.

This Hot Toys Batmobile is no different. Yes, it's a little boxy and there are a few things that could be changed but it's hardly as bad as some would like to make it out to be. It's not the '89 Batmobile? Really? You could have fooled me. I don't care what screen caps or references you show me. These things will never be 100% accurate, not only because they're an entirely different scale, but because even behind the scenes there were differences, ala, MOVIE MAGIC. Not only that, but when you illustrate photos of two different scales, in different lighting, from different perspectives, it's still not a good comparison.

There was a time when '89 Batman product was pretty much non-existent, especially "accurate" high-end quality stuff like these Hot Toys and Toynami collectibles. If you wanted it, you pretty much had to commission it or make your own.

Now collectors are getting what they always dreamed of, and now, for a select few, it's "not good enough". Well as the old saying goes, beggars can't be choosers.

These things have come a long way, just look at one of the very first Batmobile from 1989,

upside-1024x565.jpg

(nothing against you Toy Biz, you were cool for your time)

Too many words.

Inaccurate or not [I don't think it is), 39 inches is already a very large Batmobile, if it were any longer, I'd have to build it a garage.

Back