1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Been rubbing for days, hasn't spit yet. :pfft:

batmobilebed.gif

this one is hella cool too

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Only you and maybe 20 other people in the world will ever notice some of the things you are referring to and to notice those things you have to get close, detailed pics. So if you don't like it, don't buy. If you can make one better and more accurate, then go ahead! Otherwise you are just complaining to complain to a large group of people that don't care. I'm sure you can find a forum somewhere that will totally respect and appreciate that you noticed the angle of the fender was .25 degrees off from the full production car, and you guys can have a blast joking and laughing at how completely terrible and hideous this is. You just aren't going to get that kind of validation from people here. So why waste your energy and our time by continuing to complain about it?

The differences exist or they do not exist. They do exist. They bother some people and they don't bother others. Just because the differences don't bother you doesn't mean that they don't actually exist, and if the differences exist, then it doesn't look just like the real Batmobile. If all people care about is an approximation of the Batmobile that they can put their figures near, then fine, but to say that it really looks like the Batmobile when there are differences is disingenuous, period.
If people are satisfied with how it looks, fine, but don't say it looks right when it doesn't. Such differences do not exist on the Toynami, the Ertl, or the Hot Wheels. I bought my Ertl 1/25th scale kit in 1989 for around $10 and it looks more accurate than this.

Of course you know the 89 one was silver and the Returns one was black, right? It is also the wrong color. They should have just called it the Returns Batmobile.

whaaa? that i didnt know, you have comparison shots per chance?

Of course you know the 89 one was silver and the Returns one was black, right? It is also the wrong color. They should have just called it the Returns Batmobile.

Here is a photo of the 89 Batmobile in the shop after it was molded and painted. Straight from the website of the guy that sculpted it's body.

https://www.keithshortsculptor.com/batman_batmobile4.htm

Man, that is a very, very, very, VERY dark shade of silver. :dunno

whaaa? that i didnt know, you have comparison shots per chance?

He is correct, it wasn't black on set.

But who cares, their end goal of wanting to make it look black workedl

They can also keep their Nike emblem on the production shoe thank you very much. :lol

Things I learned today:

1. I'm glad I don't have an artists eye
2. DiFabio has a way to get Bats into the 89 Batmobile...I really hope HT does something like that pics of the modified body

Here is a photo of the 89 Batmobile in the shop after it was molded and painted. Straight from the website of the guy that sculpted it's body.

https://www.keithshortsculptor.com/batman_batmobile4.htm

Man, that is a very, very, very, VERY dark shade of silver. :dunno

There was an interview on channel 7 with Gary Franklin talking to Terry Ackland-Snow, who helped design and build the Batmobile. He said. "We didn't want it to be jet black' We had to photograph it at night, so we mixed a special paint for it that made it shimmer like a beetle, or shift colors like a beetle." I can't remember the exact quote as it was in 1989 that I watched the interview. Maybe there is a video of the TV interview somewhere on the net. He said it was a metallic.

Last edited:

They can also keep their Nike emblem on the production shoe thank you very much. :lol

They didn't paint it the color they did so it would look black. They painted it that color so it would show up on film better at night. If they really wanted it to look black, why make it a metallic color that shifted color like a beetle from silver to green to blue?

It wasn't black for the same reason then painted gun metal on Vader's helmet, FOR CONTRAST. It suppose to be black, but they have to find a way for it to show on film, It's called HOLLYWOOD MAGIC. You suppose to believe it's black and not go by what it really is in real life. Just like your suppose to believe an 5'8" Stallone is bigger then life, or an 5'7" Keaton is a 6' Bat. You guys who confuse real life with Film Magic need to get a grip with your 'realism'. You forgot how to see thing through the eyes of a child. That's when most of you fell in love with Batman and The Batmobile. You would never be allowed back into Never Never Land, your too grown up. :monkey2

They didn't paint it the color they did so it would look black. They painted it that color so it would show up on film better at night. If they really wanted it to look black, why make it a metallic color that shifted color like a beetle from silver to green to blue?

:lol :lol

Whatever the reason, i'm happy HT made a black Batmobile and not a pink one. :lol

Blackthornone is right, its not accurate. Ertl/Hot Wheels made the most accurate Batmobile to date. I thought this was established back in July :dunno

Ill take HT's 95% accurate 1/6 Batmobile than a 0% no Batmobile any day of the week.

It wasn't black for the same reason then painted gun metal on Vader's helmet, FOR CONTRAST. It suppose to be black, but they have to find a way for it to show on film, It's called HOLLYWOOD MAGIC. You suppose to believe it's black and not go by what it really is in real life. Just like your suppose to believe an 5'8" Stallone is bigger then life, or an 5'7" Keaton is a 6' Bat. You guys who confuse real life with Film Magic need to get a grip with your 'realism'. You forgot how to see thing through the eyes of a child. That's when most of you fell in love with Batman and The Batmobile. You would never be allowed back into Never Never Land, your too grown up. :monkey2

I was 22 :horror

I'm still young at heart :lol

Blackthornone is right, its not accurate. Ertl/Hot Wheels made the most accurate Batmobile to date. I thought this was established back in July :dunno

Ill take HT's 95% accurate 1/6 Batmobile than a 0% no Batmobile any day of the week.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

Well said , and 1400 cheaper than the Toynami.

I don't recall the color of the Batmobile ever mentioned in the film. They never said it was black in the movie. People might have assumed it was black, but since I saw pics of the car in good lighting showing it to be silver and the guy who helped build the car said it wasn't black before I ever saw the movie, I was never under the impression that the car was anything but silver from the very beginning. I suppose because other people weren't as into the Batmobile as I was, they never took time to investigate like I did before they saw the movie, and so they made a false assumption based on no real evidence that the car was black. The Batwing was black, and it was filmed at night in the same movie, too. If you any had memory at all, you would notice that the two vehicles were distinctly different colors in the movie. Since they made the Batwing black, surely they could have painted the Batmobile black as well. The lighting conditions were identical. Explain to me why the Batwing was black and the Batmobile silver.

Last edited:

I don't recall the color of the Batmobile ever mentioned in the film. They never said it was black in the movie. People might have assumed it was black, but since I saw pics of the car in good lighting showing it to be silver and the guy who helped build the car said it wasn't black before I ever saw the movie, I was never under the impression that the car was anything but silver from the very beginning. I suppose because other people weren't as into the Batmobile as I was, they never took time to investigate like I did before they saw the movie, and so they made a false assumption based on no real evidence that the car was black. The Batwing was black, and it was filmed at night in the same movie, too. If you any had memory at all, you would notice that the two vehicles were distinctly different colors in the movie. Since they made the Batwing black, surely they could have painted the Batmobile black as well. The lighting conditions were identical. Explain to me why the Batwing was black and the Batmobile silver.

It's The Batmobile, ever Batmobile has been black. It's not rocket science.

It's The Batmobile, ever Batmobile has been black. It's not rocket science.

Some have been blue. My Kenner Super Powers Batmobile is blue. A lot of the comic Batmobiles have been blue. They have been so predominantly blue the way they were depicted that it would make no sense to assume that those were highlights on black. A little blue on black, ok, but when it's 90% of the color of the car, it's blue.
The Batman Superman adventure hour Batmobile was black, as you can see. herehttps://www.batmobilehistory.com/1969toon-batmobile.php

In the Superfriends, it was bluehttps://www.batmobilehistory.com/1973sf-batmobile.php

Last edited:

If you think that the car is silver your "Artist's eyes" need examining...as of right now I have the movie on and there is not 1 iota of it looking silver...its paint job, whether there was silver paint used, was done to make it look black, stealth like, on screen. So even if it was pink in real life it's meant to look black on screen.

Back