1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Anyone who has as much concern with getting value for their money as they are with getting a Batmobile collectible.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I'm betting the licens costs arent as big on the Mini Copper as the Batmobile! ;-)

Hard to say how much the license costs up the price on this. To me, the thing is that this Batmobile isn't made to the same standard as Hot Toys other offerings. A picture of the Keaton Batman or the Nicholson Joker could easily be mistaken for pictures of the real people. Those figures don't look like toys. Therefore, the high price tag is more justifiable. However, the pictures of this Batmobile would not be mistaken for pictures of the real thing. It just isn't that accurate. This thing LOOKS like a toy. The Tumbler does not look like a toy. It would be different if this thing was so accurate that it looked just like the real thing. Frankly, it SHOULD be easier to make a model car look like a real car than to make an action figure look like a real person. Hot Toys has done that with many of their figures as of late, but this Batmobile falls far short of that. If it looked perfect, sure, $650, $700, or even $800, but $630 on something that looks like a toy? Hmm. If youre going to do it, do it right.

Hard to say how much the license costs up the price on this. To me, the thing is that this Batmobile isn't made to the same standard as Hot Toys other offerings. A picture of the Keaton Batman or the Nicholson Joker could easily be mistaken for pictures of the real people. Those figures don't look like toys. Therefore, the high price tag is more justifiable. However, the pictures of this Batmobile would not be mistaken for pictures of the real thing. It just isn't that accurate. This thing LOOKS like a toy. The Tumbler does not look like a toy. It would be different if this thing was so accurate that it looked just like the real thing. Frankly, it SHOULD be easier to make a model car look like a real car than to make an action figure look like a real person. Hot Toys has done that with many of their figures as of late, but this Batmobile falls far short of that. If it looked perfect, sure, $650, $700, or even $800, but $630 on something that looks like a toy? Hmm. If youre going to do it, do it right.

So what needs changing to not make it look like a toy :dunno

I can't see anything wrong with it, Even if they did tail the rear wings off and changed subtle bits to make it more screen accurate it would still be 99% what you see here.

Nothing is better than in hand and I'm sure this will be amazing :peace

So what needs changing to not make it look like a toy :dunno

I can't see anything wrong with it, Even if they did tail the rear wings off and changed subtle bits to make it more screen accurate it would still be 99% what you see here.

Nothing is better than in hand and I'm sure this will be amazing :peace
Proportions and paint. Various angles, ect. You can buy the license to make the Batmobile and slap the Batmobile name on something, but if it doesn't look exactly like the Batmobile, then it really isn't thae Batmobile, not even scaled down. It is merely an interpretation of the Batmobile. I don't want an interpretation. I want the spitting image, just like how Hot Wheels took a computer scan of the 1966 Batmobile and scaled it down to have the exact proportions as the real car.
THAT is what I want in an 89 Batmobile, and is what I have been waiting for since 89. Now that Hot Toys has the license, they bungled it, and it is unlikely they will remake it correctly. I am extremely disappointed, and I know if I buy it, it will annoy and irritate me every time I look at it how it isn't right and how much I paid. Alas, I will probably buy it anyway..

I am a big fan of this car, and I found all of the info on it I could when the movie came out. All of the magazines with it in it, to learn all about it, and I was obsessed with every news report on it. I knew all about how it was built before the movie even came out. I was gripped with anticipation , just waiting for it to come on the screen, and now Hot Toys makes such a lifelike figure of Batman and then makes a Batmobile that looks like this. Frankly, I feel like Frack! Frack! Frack! Frack! :gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah:

Proportions and paint. Various angles, ect. You can buy the license to make the Batmobile and slap the Batmobile name on something, but if it doesn't look exactly like the Batmobile, then it really isn't thae Batmobile, not even scaled down. It is merely an interpretation of the Batmobile. I don't want an interpretation. I want the spitting image, just like how Hot Wheels took a computer scan of the 1966 Batmobile and scaled it down to have the exact proportions as the real car.
THAT is what I want in an 89 Batmobile, and is what I have been waiting for since 89. Now that Hot Toys has the license, they bungled it, and it is unlikely they will remake it correctly. I am extremely disappointed, and I know if I buy it, it will annoy and irritate me every time I look at it how it isn't right and how much I paid. Alas, I will probably buy it anyway..

I am a big fan of this car, and I found all of the info on it I could when the movie came out. All of the magazines with it in it, to learn all about it, and I was obsessed with every news report on it. I knew all about how it was built before the movie even came out. I was gripped with anticipation , just waiting for it to come on the screen, and now Hot Toys makes such a lifelike figure of Batman and then makes a Batmobile that looks like this. Frankly, I feel like Frack! Frack! Frack! Frack! :gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah:

You got to be kidding me right...:slap take a step back breathe, then take a look....it's the Batmobile, Stevie Wonder could tell its the 89 Batmobile :dunno

What about this doesn't look like the '89 Batmobile? Also, what about this looks like a toy?

141053cyfz4yz8z0zme6hh.jpg

14102668jum76jzeeuwymb.jpg

:clap I know....looks like crap! lol

I think this is quite the ripoff. The tumbler looks more detailed and is like 250 or something

Derp, derp.

What about this doesn't look like the '89 Batmobile? Also, what about this looks like a toy?

141053cyfz4yz8z0zme6hh.jpg

14102668jum76jzeeuwymb.jpg

:exactly: :goodpost: looks great, and it came in price wise right where I thought/hoped it would. Win win.

I think this is quite the ripoff. The tumbler looks more detailed and is like 250 or something

Wow, a simple search, that takes about 30 seconds, would have shown you the Tumbler cost $470. Pretty far off, unless "or something" is slang for "+225" :dunno

$250...I'll take it! Just PM me with details. :pray:

Buy now think later :monkey3 , is this thing expensive?? I don't know, but it's like $57/m for 10 months starting to pay on august, so that makes it more affordable to me. :yess: .. And the most important thing, this seems to be the ultimate 89 Batmobile from Hot Toys, because this is the 89 and Returns Batmobile all in one, which makes a relaunch a bit unlikely so... Buy now or pay $2000 later.

I hope some day to have:

89-Returns Batmobile --checked
Batman Forever Batmobile
Batman & Robin Batmobile
Batman Begins - TDK Batmobile -- checked

:pray:

Wow, a simple search, that takes about 30 seconds, would have shown you the Tumbler cost $470. Pretty far off, unless "or something" is slang for "+225" :dunno

I find people often forget that there is search option on this forum

The Tumbler is $430. And this is bigger than the Tumbler

I don't know if we're talking "bigger" enough to justify the $160 price difference, though. I mean yeah, this is 10" longer, but the Tumbler is 2" taller and 2.5" wider. The only thing I can think is the Tumbler consists of more lightweight pieces making up its exterior, whereas the '89 is more compact and solid, probably making it heavier and needing more material to produce it.

So is there going to be prize for the 1,000,000th post?

Yeah we're definitely paying a huge premium for the awesomeness of having the Batmobile.

What makes a 1/6 figure expensive?
Quality sculpts + great tailoring ...right?

So why is the Batmobile that expensive?

"But its got pop out parts!!"

So does a Transformer. An Optimus Prime toy doesn't cost $600+

I'm just happy someone is finally making this car.

Zero complaints.

Come home to daddy you big black batmobile!

Back