1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

What about this doesn't look like the '89 Batmobile? Also, what about this looks like a toy?

141053cyfz4yz8z0zme6hh.jpg

14102668jum76jzeeuwymb.jpg

It is too short, it isn't rounded enough, the side slotted intake area is too flat looking, especially on the rear quarters. The overall shape just doesn't flow like the real one. The little louvers on the front fenders look too crisp and not rounded enough, and they look a bit shallow.
The edges on the side of the car are too sharp.
The front bottom lip of the jet intake is twice as thick as it should be, which, right off the bat, makes it look like a child's toy. Also note how it is much pointier and looks rather pinched compared to the real one which is much more rounded and wider from side to side. See pics.

The bullet on the jet air intake is too rounded looking and should be pointier. see pics

The slotted air intakes on the sides are sculpted wrong. the openings should be larger and the bodywork surrounding them should be thinner.

Even with the car being shorter to cut costs,I see no reason why that front lip of the intake should be thicker(unless it is to reduce the chance of breakage, which is what you do to reinforce the shape of a child's toy, in which case on this, that part should be made of metal if necessary to reduce damage. There is no reason why the bodywork surrounding the side air intakes should not follow the overall contour of said intakes. Instead, there is a sharp corner there. There is no sharp corner on the real one. on the real one, it is rounded and follows the curved shape of the slot.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Louver and bullet pics I will have to look at pictures of the back to find things wrong with that too. I'm sure I will.

Note the degree of curve inwards of the front fenders of the HT vs the real one. The HT is much more radically curved inwards. Also notice the thickness of the fender where it meets the headlights facing the center of the car. The HT is considerably wider. About twice as wide.

All of these differences affect the character of the car.

The curve of the "s" of the shield is slightly off as well.

Oh wait, wrong product.... :cuckoo:

Note the degree of curve inwards of the front fenders of the HT vs the real one. The HT is much more radically curved inwards. Also notice the thickness of the fender where it meets the headlights facing the center of the car. The HT is considerably wider. About twice as wide.

Looks the same to me once you take lighting and angles into consideration. :cuckoo:

This car looks just fine as it is:

It doesn't have the same character as the real car. If this interpretation is "fine" to you, that is of course your prerogative to be less discerning about accuracy, but if you believe that there aren't differences which are unnecessary, you are mistaken, and maybe need glasses. As an artist who has honed my skills drawing portraits, I notice differences in appearance that most people don't, because if I don't notice them, the picture won't look like them, and then the picture will be a failure. I guess I have trained myself so well to see details that they jump out at me much more strongly that they do to other people. I basically can't stop noticing them.

If some of you can't see it, ok.

I'm just happy someone is finally making this car.

Zero complaints.

Come home to daddy you big black batmobile!

Of course you know the 89 one was silver and the Returns one was black, right? It is also the wrong color. They should have just called it the Returns Batmobile.

Hot Toys=yellow headlights
Real Batmobile=white

?

It doesn't have the same character as the real car. If this interpretation is "fine" to you, that is of course your prerogative to be less discerning about accuracy, but if you believe that there aren't differences which are unnecessary, you are mistaken, and maybe need glasses. As an artist who has honed my skills drawing portraits, I notice differences in appearance that most people don't, because if I don't notice them, the picture won't look like them, and then the picture will be a failure. I guess I have trained myself so well to see details that they jump out at me much more strongly that they do to other people. I basically can't stop noticing them.

Only you and maybe 20 other people in the world will ever notice some of the things you are referring to and to notice those things you have to get close, detailed pics. So if you don't like it, don't buy. If you can make one better and more accurate, then go ahead! Otherwise you are just complaining to complain to a large group of people that don't care. I'm sure you can find a forum somewhere that will totally respect and appreciate that you noticed the angle of the fender was .25 degrees off from the full production car, and you guys can have a blast joking and laughing at how completely terrible and hideous this is. You just aren't going to get that kind of validation from people here. So why waste your energy and our time by continuing to complain about it?

Re: will batman 89 be able to sit inside the batmobile??

What about something like this? Instead of describing it I thought I'd throw this together real quick to illustrate.

batmobilebatman.jpg

That would be pretty simple wouldn't it? Surely it couldn't cost that much to produce if you just take the molds from the existing figure but lose the swappable mouths and PERS features. If they were worried about collectors trying to double dip, they could always mount the head and gauntlets down to make them non-removable. They could even lose the belt if they wanted to really keep costs low.

i just had to bump this cause it was hella funny

Of course you know the 89 one was silver and the Returns one was black, right? It is also the wrong color. They should have just called it the Returns Batmobile.

I understand and respect all your concerns.

But for me, it's the Batmobile, a black Batmobile.

Just like I'm happy not to have Keaton's Nike symbol on the HT 89 Batman figure, whatever they did on set to make the Batmobile look black on film worked because I want to own a black Batmobile.

The rest of your issues with the car are very minutia for me, it's the Batmobile, plain and simple, what you're pointing out does not change the character of the car for me.

Last edited:

If some of you can't see it, ok.

Some of the details around the rear fenders and fins are clearly off. But you cannot rely on just your "artist's eye" to determine that the HT Batmobile is too short/ out of proportion, because it will fail you, as it has in this case. If you want accuracy, you must also use basic math.

Does the Hot Wheels 1/18 or Toynami 1/8 Batmobile look out of scale to you? Are you surprised that they that they are very very close in scale to the Hot Toy's one. Literally, it's like splitting hairs differentiating their proportions and ratios.

jesus christ... :slap

Back