Premium Format Batgirl Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow had lost their damn minds. I've spent about $8,000 with them over the last year and have 14 pending orders. This runaround BS is enough to make me consider canceling. If that terrible paint job and scratches aren't "damage", I don't know what is.

Dude, that sucks. I saw your pics and looks like suckswho ever painted it was at the end of their shift or hung over. No excuse. I would be pissed. I too spend a lot with Sideshow and they should have sent you a replacement body. Those are not minor inconsistencies or variations. If I painted my wife's car like that she would say do it again and do it right this time.

Well, in their defense I can return it for a full refund but they aren't paying for the shipping costs. :duh

My next step is to file a complaint with my credit card company about receiving a damaged item that they are refusing to replace or cover the return shipping costs for. My CC co. has much better customer service than Sideshow, and wouldn't be surprised to see it credit back to my account.

Well, in their defense I can return it for a full refund but they aren't paying for the shipping costs. :duh

My next step is to file a complaint with my credit card company about receiving a damaged item that they are refusing to replace or cover the return shipping costs for. My CC co. has much better customer service than Sideshow, and wouldn't be surprised to see it credit back to my account.

Sideshow will cancel your account if you do that

Dude, that sucks. I saw your pics and looks like suckswho ever painted it was at the end of their shift or hung over. No excuse. I would be pissed. I too spend a lot with Sideshow and they should have sent you a replacement body. Those are not minor inconsistencies or variations. If I painted my wife's car like that she would say do it again and do it right this time.

Of course they're not going to want to open another Batgirl box to replace a bad body with this kind of low edition number. I think they should have plenty of extra bodies available just for this problem, cause they will always have some with these bad paint jobs.

Hi Sledge,

I'm so sorry that a body replacement was denied for your request. I checked in on your inquiry with our CS department a few minutes ago and was told that you can indeed get a full refund for your item (this would include shipping costs) if you chose to return it. I'm very sorry that that part of the conversation you had with our CS manager may not have been communicated well enough when you spoke earlier.

-SideshowAlex

Hi Sledge,

I'm so sorry that a body replacement was denied for your request. I checked in on your inquiry with our CS department a few minutes ago and was told that you can indeed get a full refund for your item (this would include shipping costs) if you chose to return it. I'm very sorry that that part of the conversation you had with our CS manager may not have been communicated well enough when you spoke earlier.

-SideshowAlex

I guess I just don't understand why a body replacement would be denied? Why should I get a refund, and have to reorder the non-Exclusive version? I'm wondering if they even looked at this picture.

2i73clc.jpg

I guess I just don't understand why a body replacement would be denied? Why should I get a refund, and have to reorder the non-Exclusive version? I'm wondering if they even looked at this picture.

2i73clc.jpg

These are questions that are better answered directly by those that you have been speaking with regarding your inquiry for a body replacement as they can better answer questions for your particular case. I do know that return inquiries are all by a case by case basis.

-SideshowAlex

The only problem is as a completest that collects all the JL and Batman family PFs, I can have a full refund with shipping, but not the figure I ordered almost a year ago. The only option is to order the Non-Exclusive and miss out on the 2nd headsculpt, or to join the Waitlist and hope I don't get sent back the figure I already have.

The only problem is as a completest that collects all the JL and Batman family PFs, I can have a full refund with shipping, but not the figure I ordered almost a year ago. The only option is to order the Non-Exclusive and miss out on the 2nd headsculpt, or to join the Waitlist and hope I don't get sent back the figure I already have.

I understand you, bro cause I had an exclusive not too long ago that I had to send back and then I was faced with getting the regular. The exclusive head would be ideal if it was a different face but it's not. You're really not missing much, only the hairstyle.

I hear you man, I too would be extremely disappointed. Lucky for me, a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser solved my BG problems, otherwise I would have been in the same boat!! I really love Sideshow products, even their customer service reps are great ( press 1 or 2 when you need to place an order, product info, transfer NRD etc..) but the employees that work in their returns department leave a lot to be desired. Its like dealing with two different companies, you have the nice/responsive sideshow call center people, then on the other spectrum the returns department that never answers the phone, has you wait the mandatory 3 business days for each follow up email, and makes you feel as though they just don't care about you as a customer. If any of the managers at our business treated a dissatisfied loyal customer that way they would be fired. I don't mind getting defective statues-mistakes happen- what I mind is not being able to get replacements or being told to take it or leave it- or feeling like that they don't care about my patronage or satisfaction as a customer.

I hear you man, I too would be extremely disappointed. Lucky for me, a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser solved my BG problems, otherwise I would have been in the same boat!! I really love Sideshow products, even their customer service reps are great ( press 1 or 2 when you need to place an order, product info, transfer NRD etc..) but the employees that work in their returns department leave a lot to be desired. Its like dealing with two different companies, you have the nice/responsive sideshow call center people, then on the other spectrum the returns department that never answers the phone, has you wait the mandatory 3 business days for each follow up email, and makes you feel as though they just don't care about you as a customer. If any of the managers at our business treated a dissatisfied loyal customer that way they would be fired. I don't mind getting defective statues-mistakes happen- what I mind is not being able to get replacements or being told to take it or leave it- or feeling like that they don't care about my patronage or satisfaction as a customer.

Amen. And well said.

This whole issue could have been prevented by saying, "We can't send you another body, we don't have an extra, but we can replace the whole thing and you can send back the entire damaged order." If they really didn't think it was damaged, then they shouldn't have a problem trying to resell it to someone else since it is just "my standard" that is unobtainable (though they really shouldn't resell it, but "undamaged" is their determination, not mine). But no, they wanted to make things difficult and piss off one of their loyal consumers.

Sorry to hear about your problem Sledge, mine isn't nearly as bad as yours. I was able to get most of it off so that unless I'm up close to it I can't really notice anything. I would definitely try that magic eraser though before you decide anything and see how that comes out.

Back