Premium Format Batgirl Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well here you go guys...

She still needs a lot of work, but I thought I would share... here is the interest thread https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...premium-format-unmasked-head.html#post7968108

Nice start...I think her jawline is getting too soft transitioning to her neck. The jaw is also a tad broad. One thing with female sculpts is if you go with a broadish jaw, once painted, it can look manly real quick. The lips look a tad wide to me as well. There is something strange plane-wise going from the eye socket into the nose and cheek. It's hard to really see the surface well with the matcap your using right now. Switch over to one of the basic greys so we can see the sculpt a little better. The part in the hair looks really low to me as well in the front. Also, I like the eyebrow lift but just make sure to adjust the facial muscles when you do that. Look in the mirror and lift an eyebrow...a lot changes in your face and you want to be aware of that when you're sculpting it. Same goes for the lip expression. keep going though!

Nice start...I think her jawline is getting too soft transitioning to her neck. The jaw is also a tad broad. One thing with female sculpts is if you go with a broadish jaw, once painted, it can look manly real quick. The lips look a tad wide to me as well. There is something strange plane-wise going from the eye socket into the nose and cheek. It's hard to really see the surface well with the matcap your using right now. Switch over to one of the basic greys so we can see the sculpt a little better. The part in the hair looks really low to me as well in the front. Also, I like the eyebrow lift but just make sure to adjust the facial muscles when you do that. Look in the mirror and lift an eyebrow...a lot changes in your face and you want to be aware of that when you're sculpting it. Same goes for the lip expression. keep going though!

So, am I understanding this correctly... you, uh, think it's perfect? :yess:

I love it

Looks great man nice work.

Thank you Gentlemen... I should have an update by tomorrow morning.

All good points, I have tweaked a few, but I am still working on it... should have moved a little closer to your suggestions by tomorrow.

Needs a forehead indeed. The XM Phoenix syndrome.

I had it higher like 5 times, and it just kept feeling way to high.... lol

So, am I understanding this correctly... you, uh, think it's perfect? :yess:

I love the input Sledge ... I learn so much through it.

Hahaha.

Looks good spidey keep moving forward!!

Oh I ain't ever stopping .. I SO want to be really good at this... lol

Call Me Babs

19296646074_bddea0cef4_b.jpg

Batgirl EX 1:4 PF 341/1500 - Sideshow

Finally opened it after coming back from vacation and it came perfect, no complaints. I kind of wish the cape were sculpted. However I'm simply not in love with it for some reason. Can't explain it, I think I'm just not interested anymore, looking to unload a bunch and focus my collection.
Sorry for the downer but really the statue itself it really good so don't hesitate!

19731212678_87bde8d482_b.jpg

19298292823_4eeffd3319_b.jpg

19731207278_1c8d9c42b4_b.jpg

19919242185_d5e1ac72c8_b.jpg

19911695662_1fb7bd56f9_b.jpg

19924318621_fdff04a188_b.jpg

19911689212_123c4f2425_b.jpg

Got my Batgirl today and I'm a bit sad about the quality of the body I received. Just a few examples, but these issues were found throughout.

Above the emblem, it looks like there wasn't enough purple paint as you can see lots of grey or white bleeding through. It looks almost chalky, and I thought I could wipe it down, but it didn't work.
2i73clc.jpg

There is a big, white scuff on the bottom of the right breast. There are also random dark spots under neath each breast that looks like darker paint. Couldn't get these off with a magic eraser, so not sure they are coming off. The figure still looks very chalky after a damp cloth wipe-down.
qriz55.jpg

Finally, probably the least worrisome, but still noticeable are several scratches on the right leg and more of those pesky dark spots.
5zmp80.jpg

This figure has so much great potential, and I know it will look amazing once the replacement body arrives. I also received the PF Superman today and he was flawless, which I was surprised about considering I ordered him right before he sold-out (didn't end up getting someone else's returned item).

Back