Barbie Collector Batman v Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm doing something similar to what you did, Libby. But I decided to keep the mattel body (it has a really good range of articulation in the elbows) and put the armor from the mattel on that one. I almost considered doing it in a way so it was possible to keep the regular batman suit and put on the armor as a removable piece but the cowl was too big.
I decided to dremel the helmet as well and put on the affleck mouth into it and I like how it is turning out. Still dremelling a LOT of stuff out but maybe tomorrow I'll have some pics out. I don't know why i'm going through this since I PO'ed the hot toys one but i love how it is turning out so far.

do you bleed

you will if your not careful with that dremel lol

yeah it a lot of dremeling but its sort of fun ,really looking forward to seeing your take on this ,sounds like its going to be good ,any plans to light up the eyes or increase the size of the head ,and if you're like me you're doing it for the fun of doing it lol ,and its a challenge to take a mass produced toy into something that will pass as a placeholder until a more expensive and better executed high end figure comes along lol

I really like this barbie batfleck lol

Thinking of getting another one an doing the apocalypse batman.

you should definitely do that ,it would look great ,
great work on your bats that figure really fits the suit well and the gauntlets look spot on fit wise ,and i bet it retains good articulation as well ,something my wrestler guy never had to begin with lol

Libby - I think I'm actually gonna do the same thing since I don't plan on buying the hot toys version of apocalypse batman. Anyway, I finally dremelled out 90% of the pieces and started to test fit things. I'm not much into electronics so I don;t think I'll do the light up feature but I do intend to dremel out or put in something for the eyes.

IMG_20160225_144038378_zpsemqg8qru.jpg

Anxiously waiting for my...uhm...barbie to arrive. he he
Omg...if my friends find out, I'll never hear the end of it.
When we all get together and poke fun of each other, of course I always have to hear the "he collects dolls". :lol
If they find out one of my figures is actually a barbie...oh man...:ohbfrank:

But I'm very impressed and inspired by most of what I've seen here. I've watched several of youtube reviews of this barbie and I'm really impressed with the suit. I honestly think it looks even better than the Hot toys suit.
I love the color and details.

Libby - I think I'm actually gonna do the same thing since I don't plan on buying the hot toys version of apocalypse batman. Anyway, I finally dremelled out 90% of the pieces and started to test fit things. I'm not much into electronics so I don;t think I'll do the light up feature but I do intend to dremel out or put in something for the eyes.

View attachment 248627

looks great its going to be a knock out ,

as for the light up eyes ,i used this ,a piece of piss to use translates to dead easy lol ,
has a battery pack with a on off switch
fit led to neck post feed the wires under the cape
twist 2 wires together and your done ,
i made the eye holes too big and used a smokey grey cell phone cover for lenses, but im certain you could nail this looking at your progress so far

$_57.JPG

Multi-Purpose 5mm LED 12V + Enclosed PP3 Holder with ON/OFF Switch | eBay

IMG-20160113-WA0040_zpsugidnyvw.jpeg
IMG-20160113-WA0036_zpscjpr1o7s.jpeg

Anxiously waiting for my...uhm...barbie to arrive. he he
Omg...if my friends find out, I'll never hear the end of it.
When we all get together and poke fun of each other, of course I always have to hear the "he collects dolls". :lol
If they find out one of my figures is actually a barbie...oh man...:ohbfrank:

But I'm very impressed and inspired by most of what I've seen here. I've watched several of youtube reviews of this barbie and I'm really impressed with the suit. I honestly think it looks even better than the Hot toys suit.
I love the color and details.

too funny lol,
but your going have a great time putting your bats together ,i look forward to hearing your thoughts when you have it in hand and seeing your resulting kitbash

Has anyone tried to do the barbie superman ? Think that could look good ttm19 body Henry sculpt pair of hands and repaint boots maybe just add some wear to them ? Any thoughts

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thank you very much Libby for some tips.
This turned out pretty nice. I initially used the WWE Max Aggression body. I really like it cause it reminded me of
Arkham Knight Batman v superman skin where the muscles are exaggerated. I decided to steal the T800 Arnie body I have that was currently boxed up, and I think I kinda like this body a little more.

I cut the face off the Jake Gylenhall head that came with I think ttm19 and I think it makes a nice mouthpiece specially since it has
the 5 o'clock shadow on it already.

Last edited:
That turned out great, Remy. I think I will definitely get another one and create an apocalypse version. I really love the material they used on the gloves and boots.

I finished 95%, I just need to figure out what to do with the armband and gear set-up. Used the Barbie mattel batman and the mattel armored batman.

IMG_20160301_135936362_zpsxmceiuts.jpg

IMG_20160301_112352404_zpsu883l0vp.jpg

IMG_20160301_112523757_zpsnpeycxkt.jpg

Thanks Jester. And great job with your custom also.
Agree, I am thoroughly surprised at the quality of both mattel products, specially the barbie.
Other than the small ken head, and the small body...all the materials look high quality.
Heck, even the body was actually nice...its just the wrong size for Batman, so I saved it cause I might be able to use it at
some projects later on.

Yeah, i was going to use a different body when i made my custom but I test fitted it and any other body was too big and was going to force large gaps in between the seams. Right now, the only problem I have is the thickness of the biceps on mine.

Thank you very much Libby for some tips.
This turned out pretty nice. I initially used the WWE Max Aggression body. I really like it cause it reminded me of
Arkham Knight Batman v superman skin where the muscles are exaggerated. I decided to steal the T800 Arnie body I have that was currently boxed up, and I think I kinda like this body a little more.

I cut the face off the Jake Gylenhall head that came with I think ttm19 and I think it makes a nice mouthpiece specially since it has
the 5 o'clock shadow on it already.

your more than welcome pal

wow you really knocked it out of the park ,i cant imagine a better looking batman figure than yours ,fantastic from head to toe :clap
please post if you get the other barbies as im keen to know if they could be as useful as the batman was ,again absolutely great looking figure

That turned out great, Remy. I think I will definitely get another one and create an apocalypse version. I really love the material they used on the gloves and boots.

I finished 95%, I just need to figure out what to do with the armband and gear set-up. Used the Barbie mattel batman and the mattel armored batman.

View attachment 249635

View attachment 249636

View attachment 249637

looks awesome the mattel body looks a perfect match for all the other components you used ,and the face plate you added really sells the whole thing ,
really great work and well worth the effort i know you must have put in :clap

That's the barbie head, Libby. I just cut off the hair all around the eyebrows and fits fairly well. I initially wanted to be able to remove the helmet off but it didn't work out.

your more than welcome pal

wow you really knocked it out of the park ,i cant imagine a better looking batman figure than yours ,fantastic from head to toe :clap
please post if you get the other barbies as im keen to know if they could be as useful as the batman was ,again absolutely great looking figure

Thank you very much for the compliments man. :1-1:
Oh, this is most likely my first and only barbie though. lol. My friends already call my collection barbies...so
if they find out this Batman's base component is a barbie...:slap

Let's just say if they ask...its a Hot Toys Toy exlusive variant or something. he he :lol

My friends and i couldn't stop laughing when my barbie came in. I think I was laughing the hardest, though. I just ordered another for an apocalypse version and the wonder woman. I have plans for her. Ha!!!

My friends and i couldn't stop laughing when my barbie came in. I think I was laughing the hardest, though. I just ordered another for an apocalypse version and the wonder woman. I have plans for her. Ha!!!

Lol. O man, I can only imagine the scene of going through your Barbie in front of your friends. Thats pretty funny. :lol

yeah, I remember one time, we were having a big dinner at a restaurant, and that was the joke of day, the conversation keeps coming back to my BARBIEish collection. So, I would be like...goddamit!!! They're not barbies, they're high end collectibles.
But we were laughing so hard we were crying from laughing. Lol.

Looking forward to see your apocalypse batman.

Is there a reason why I can't find these in stores? I really don't want to buy them online before looking at them in the store.

Back