Barbie Collector Batman v Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man.

For those wondering.

Here's how the Barbie set looks on the sideshow Batman body.

I repainted the suit to kill the shine and makes it a bit dirtier and less shiny spandex.

IMG_3807_zpsgxzftpjj.jpg

This looks really amazing Seb!!! :clap
Really love also what you did with the suit. That definitely looks better taking out the sheen.

You should forward that shot to Mattel, Elvis. Make them spit out their coffee. They'll be saying, "Holy Crap!! Our mattel could have looked like this?"
Mine is made using the ttm 20 but that sideshow batman body really looks good with it.

Nah, I definitely meant for Mattel. They already had a body and headsculpt, that's all they needed to adjust to get a piece like this and the price point is 20% what HT is going for. Can you imagine if they had adjusted their body sculpt to match this and sell it for $50?

I'd forget about the HT version in a heart beat.

I've actually been looking for a 1:6 Sideshow Batman body for the same mod. Can't find one anywhere, though. :(

Is the price of Barbie Batman now back to $45? I checked Toys R Us and they have it for $45. Amazon has it for $40. I guess $30 was promotional/sale price?

I'm currently customizing a wonder woman using the barbie armor. I only had a large bust phicen on hand so I had to largely modify the chest armor. It was too skinny and small. It's not finished yet but enough to show the progress. I'll have to sculpt some shoes to go with her boots, darken the skirt and glue it down.

bdd98310-84e2-41c3-b762-3b5d16475289_zpsak0qqjpj.jpg

I'm currently customizing a wonder woman using the barbie armor. I only had a large bust phicen on hand so I had to largely modify the chest armor. It was too skinny and small. It's not finished yet but enough to show the progress. I'll have to sculpt some shoes to go with her boots, darken the skirt and glue it down.

View attachment 255088

That is looking great. I look forward to seeing more. I hope you will tell how you modified the armor? Keep up the great work.

AFM

I mainly used magic sculpt. I had to cut the armor where the boobs meets the ribs. I cut a small strip of aluminum from an aluminum tray to glue the adjusted pieces together for stability and I used the magic sculpt as a filler. I had to add around a 1/4 of an inch to accommodate the size. By heating the armor with a heatgun, I was able to somewhat widen it and I added more filler to the side of it to straighten and lengthen the side. I did a similar method to the back piece.

Great work amusedjester. I still need to atempt that WW custom :)

DAWN OF JUSTICE BATMAN. 100% finished.

For those wondering THIS IS THE FULL BARBIE SET put to use.
Cowl, gauntlets, boots, suit and belt.

I replaced the generic head I was using with the Affleck Wayne head sculpted by Vimal Kerketta. I had to dremel the hair and reshape the head to fit inside of the cowl and of course paint it.

The body used is a Sideshow Batman body with the mid section resculpted to remove the slim waist effect.

The suit has been weathered to kill the spandex sheen and I painted more details on it.
Gloves are from the DX12
Everything has been weathered to give him a wear look.

IMG_3827_zpswosbcavf.jpg

IMG_3809_zpsushutxcu.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work on the Wonder Woman.

That batman looks awesome. The only thing I would change is the head/cowl. Amazing work.

Thanks Elvis. I tend to go only 90% on the finish but I'm gonna keep looking at your stuff and try to get it to that quality. Can you provide a source for your cape material? The pleather materials I have bought have a different textures on the other side or the leather imprints are too big for this scale; the drawback of buying online is not seeing the material in hand.
I am thinking of a new method for the Batman and I am not sure if it will work or mess up the figure. Mine is already finished and I would have to unsew it again but if it works the cloth will stick to the muscled abs and ribs giving it the definition of the sculpt and still allow some movement.

View attachment 255088

Great job!

Great work amusedjester. I still need to atempt that WW custom :)

DAWN OF JUSTICE BATMAN. 100% finished.

For those wondering THIS IS THE FULL BARBIE SET put to use.
Cowl, gauntlets, boots, suit and belt.

I replaced the generic head I was using with the Affleck Wayne head sculpted by Vimal Kerketta. I had to dremel the hair and reshape the head to fit inside of the cowl and of course paint it.

The body used is a Sideshow Batman body with the mid section resculpted to remove the slim waist effect.

The suit has been weathered to kill the spandex sheen and I painted more details on it.
Gloves are from the DX12
Everything has been weathered to give him a wear look.

IMG_3827_zpswosbcavf.jpg

IMG_3809_zpsushutxcu.jpg

Jesus, that's a thing of beauty. I can't get over how good the weathering looks, this is how Batman would look night after night of pummelling bad guys.

Thanks man. The cowl will have to do for now. I will prolly change it for the HT one. Cowl sculpt is good it lacks some texture.

Yes. Agreed. Good sculpt. Seems a bit too wide but it is a good sculpt. Your weathering is superb. What cape are you using?

I mainly used magic sculpt. I had to cut the armor where the boobs meets the ribs. I cut a small strip of aluminum from an aluminum tray to glue the adjusted pieces together for stability and I used the magic sculpt as a filler. I had to add around a 1/4 of an inch to accommodate the size. By heating the armor with a heatgun, I was able to somewhat widen it and I added more filler to the side of it to straighten and lengthen the side. I did a similar method to the back piece.

Thanks so much. I appreciate your information. You did a great job and I really could not tell the mods you did. It really look seamless.

Thanks again.
AFM

Back