Barbie Collector Batman v Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm considering getting the batman just because I don't know if I can afford the hot toys :( haha these actually seem decent though.

So decided to buy this figure (30$) and do a complete make over.

First I dremelled all the armour parts and hollow them to make them fit a 12" body.
I used a AOU Cap body with lots of padding added.

I couldn't salvaged the biceps armour so I used some snake eyes one. Not accurate but blend kind of well.

I repainted the armour completely and placed it on a body, applied weathering and rain drop effects.

I also removed the sculpted mouth on the helmet. It was badly sculpted and didn't looked realistic.
I replaced it with the HT Arkham mouthpiece. It looks more realistic and give the illusion that he is actually wearing an helmet.

I replaced the sculpted chest belt with a real working on to again give it a more realistic look.

All in all it was worth the huge work i put into it.

Here's how he looks now.

IMG_3690_zps0lad4vke.jpg

IMG_3689_zpshmbco8u0.jpg

IMG_3687_zpsf1okqluk.jpg

IMG_3685_zps85yijqm6.jpg

IMG_3682_zpslqbxjsiy.jpg
IMG_3693_zpstkqpbohm.jpg

Looks AMAZING!!!!!! :love:love:love:love:love:love
So decided to buy this figure (30$) and do a complete make over.

First I dremelled all the armour parts and hollow them to make them fit a 12" body.
I used a AOU Cap body with lots of padding added.

I couldn't salvaged the biceps armour so I used some snake eyes one. Not accurate but blend kind of well.

I repainted the armour completely and placed it on a body, applied weathering and rain drop effects.

I also removed the sculpted mouth on the helmet. It was badly sculpted and didn't looked realistic.
I replaced it with the HT Arkham mouthpiece. It looks more realistic and give the illusion that he is actually wearing an helmet.

I replaced the sculpted chest belt with a real working on to again give it a more realistic look.

All in all it was worth the huge work i put into it.

Here's how he looks now.

IMG_3690_zps0lad4vke.jpg

IMG_3689_zpshmbco8u0.jpg

IMG_3687_zpsf1okqluk.jpg

IMG_3685_zps85yijqm6.jpg

IMG_3682_zpslqbxjsiy.jpg
IMG_3693_zpstkqpbohm.jpg

Amazing work guys. How does the bat suit look when posed? I'm wondering if this has better material for action poses than the Hot Toys.

I was able to pick up Batman on Sunday - still in the box. I still think for $30+ dollars this figure is awesome. the other figures looked good as well. I'll probably take him out to fully check out this figure.

Great job, really like to modify one for mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Amazon had Barbie Wonder Woman for $30, just ordered one. Gonna give it to my daughter to display with her collection.

Updated Batman.
Changed the body to Kaustik Plastik Heroik.
I think it looks better. Body looks more natural and looks closer to Affleck's build.

I Try to modified one from Mattel Armored batman, but it's really difficult.>20160314_064920_zpsg1vzeqqw.jpg

I got a sharpie to black around the eyes. Anyone weathering the suit, to make it less shiny?

And anyone using a Sideshow body?

Last edited:
Got myself a Barbie Batman and updated the custom I already had.

Used the Barbie cowl, gauntlets, boots and belt. I used a generic TTM19 head inside. Not spot on but servicable enough.

Suit was made by Alex Rojas. I retailored it to fit the body I used, repainted and weathered.

He is on a MOS body with shoulder and arms padded and legs and crotch padded to to give it a better shape.

Grenade Launcher from SOldier Story and DAM rifle.

IMG_3744_zpscsl13y5q.jpg

IMG_3748_zpssgg7wfb0.jpg

IMG_3749_zpsohm0kajy.jpg

IMG_3751_zpsmjk4s5pu.jpg

Last edited:
Another Barbie set put to good use.

BVS NIGHTMARE BATMAN

Cowl, gauntlets, boots, top shirt and belt by Barbie all repainted and weathered
Coat made by Dan Castro weathered by me
HT Colton pants weathered with knee pads added.
ACE belt repainted and DAM holster also weathered.
DX12 hands repainted and weathered.

Grenade Launcher by Soldier Story and rifle by DAM TOYS.

IMG_3781_zpsvukylvvu.jpg

IMG_3783_zpsfp0ojp8j.jpg

IMG_3784_zpsuslwlqcx.jpg

IMG_3785_zpsky0ifvnx.jpg

I finally broke down last weekend and bought Batman and Superman off Toysrus' website and bought Wonder Woman off ebay. These barbies are really nice. I have some pics up on my IG account. :)

Added some more details. Painted the brass knuckles gold, grime on the bottom of the cape, and added some detailing on the abs.
Moved him also a different detolf next to the MOS v1 painted Superman.

The other shelf is reserved for the Hot Toys Trinity.

Stunning work, Elvis. Your work is always so impressive and inspiring. Thanks for posting your work.

Thanks man.

For those wondering.

Here's how the Barbie set looks on the sideshow Batman body.

I repainted the suit to kill the shine and makes it a bit dirtier and less shiny spandex.

IMG_3807_zpsgxzftpjj.jpg

Back