Balsquat's Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balsquat

Public Enemies
Reaction score
UPDATE JULY 13, 2009 PAGE 12

Older Updates
UPDATE PAGE 5, 6, 11

Hi Guys. I have decided to start a new thread showing my movie/bedroom.
I want to personally thank all the freaks who have helped build my collection by either selling me their stuff or just by providing me with some great advice: “Oneye,The Terminator, Rock83, El Roranous, AR-Ballistic, D.Martin” . You Guys ROCK!
Just a note: Any poster you see is a puzzle that has been put together and framed. Enjoy!
----------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------

----------------------------------

-----------------------------------

Last edited:

The odd looking display stand in this last picture holds a replica gun, but I have taken it down due too the fact that it looks too real and we all know how US Collectors feel about their orange plugs :lol

This next picture is very special to me. As most will recognize, it is the Luke Skywalker Premium Format. But if there are any Star Wars geeks out there, they will also recognize that the puzzle framed beside it depicting Luke on Tatooine is an Original 1977 Series 1, Picture 1, Kenner Star Wars puzzle. Before Star Wars created the action figure craze, puzzles were a popular choice for merchandising movie items for kids. This puzzle was brutally tough to put together as all the colors are pretty much the same, but I think overall, this display depicts a pivotal moment in the Star Wars Saga, as well as one of the first Star Wars pieces of merchandise ever produced. There we are…a sort of history lesson on collecting hehehe

Detolfs on a table = running out of space!:lol

I love the diversity of your collection!:rock How long did it take you to put together all those movie poster puzzles? :google

I love the mix of statues and figures. Also, you displayed the sword correctly too. Most people don't know the blade is supposed to point up.

Good to finally see your display and about time:lol:D

Those Puzzle Posters is something you dont see too often,they look very good,i like them!

What lines are your highest priorities by the way?I see you have little bit of everything.

Last edited:
Awesome Chris, just awesome! Very well displayed and alot of quality items too! I've had that Apollo for months and could never find a decent pose, you've nailed it perfect! Again everything in your room rocks man!

Detolfs on a table = running out of space!:lol

I love the diversity of your collection!:rock How long did it take you to put together all those movie poster puzzles? :google

Ha ha ha
Tell me about it, but seriously it looks allot better with the detolfs on furniture. I saw a local comic book store do it and it is way easier to see and enjoy the bottom shelf, although without a ceiling you loose the top for displaying.

The puzzle posters all vary, in terms of time or completion time. Out of the full size 27X40 movie poster size puzzles, Terminator 2 was the hardest because everything was black and every piece looked the same. I would say it took 16-20 hours. The Back to the future was easier because of all the color and was done in 6 hours. The star wars episode 1 teaser puzzle was a bit tough because of all the sand pieces looking the same. but because it was scaled down to 26X32 and the pieces were still fairly large, it only took about 5 hours. The star wars Luke on tatooine is my smallest at 15 X 18 but literally took a month to complete because it ALL Looks the same. Needed lots of help with that one, but putting in the last piece was the most satisfying feeling in the world.

Last edited:
I love the mix of statues and figures. Also, you displayed the sword correctly too. Most people don't know the blade is supposed to point up.

Its a cool sword...i let it get all dusty and spider webby on purpose so it looks more ancient

Good to finally see your display and about time:lol:D

Those Puzzle Posters is something you dont see too often,they look very good,i like them!

What lines are your highest priorities by the way?I see you have little bit of everything.

Hey Rock,
It was about time.
To be honest I don't really have any priority lines. There are some lines that are special to me, but I would like to have lots of lines represented. I really love hot toys now, so much so that I wont be adding many more statues to collection from now on. Finishing my Rocky display is integral, also, I have a 1:1 combat skull on order because it will go beside my Arnold bust. I love Rambo and all his other versions but I feel like my shelf dedicated to Rambo is complete and I enjoy it fully. I am starting to structure my collecting by display and how I will add a piece to my collection that "fits" without looking cluttered. I am pretty much done with superheroes as far as I am concerned, but, I will be most likely picking up the Christopher Reeves Superman by DC direct. WHO KNOWSS????? Maybe a Hot Toys upgrade to my Dark Knight collection.
I really like what Hot toys is doing with the new Terminator movie but am waiting to see the movie to decide weather its worth dropping $400-600 to get all the figures.

Last edited:
Awesome Chris, just awesome! Very well displayed and alot of quality items too! I've had that Apollo for months and could never find a decent pose, you've nailed it perfect! Again everything in your room rocks man!

I swear, I didn't pose him at all. He is always showboating when in front of a camera. Its starting to piss Clubber off though...:duh

Back