Balrog Legendary scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Base is starting to bug me.. enough to the point where I wont order it.. Would have beed sick as a wall mountable peice.. Bummero.. for 400 I have to like it 100%

there was hope.... was.... :monkey2

2953_press02-001.jpg

The Balrog Legendary Scale bust brings forth this ancient threat to collectors worldwide. YOU SHALL NOT PASS!... at least, not until you pre-order your Balrog, which includes an insanely cool, light-up feature!

Calm down..your only boosting the es...(or is there already an es?)

You're right !, and normally I hate ordering anything from SS until they actually announce the ES. But....every once in a while they throw us a curveball by announcing the ES after the item has already sold out [eg. newborn uruk hai and excl. gandalf the grey bust]. They have also on occasion [and this REALLY sucks], upted the ES size after already setting it [eg. berserker statue and LS morgul lord bust].

So what's a guy to do? Either way you have the potential of getting screwed :rolleyes: I figure in this instance I'd rather go ahead and order it, and take the chance of a high ES....though at $400 I can't see the ES being that high.

Why are the horns forked at the ends?! :dunno

2953_press02-001.jpg

VERY easy pass on this one for me as well.

You're right !, and normally I hate ordering anything from SS until they actually announce the ES. But....every once in a while they throw us a curveball by announcing the ES after the item has already sold out [eg. newborn uruk hai and excl. gandalf the grey bust]. They have also on occasion [and this REALLY sucks], upted the ES size after already setting it [eg. berserker statue and LS morgul lord bust].

So what's a guy to do? Either way you have the potential of getting screwed :rolleyes: I figure in this instance I'd rather go ahead and order it, and take the chance of a high ES....though at $400 I can't see the ES being that high.

...I guess its ok if your really into the piece...I'm guilty of the same...on a side note...the ML LS Bust is the best of the line so far...IMO

...I guess its ok if your really into the piece...I'm guilty of the same...on a side note...the ML LS Bust is the best of the line so far...IMO

indeed it is, with Gandalf second, then Sauron, then this one and Cave Troll last ... IMO

$400??? And no exclusive version. I'm probably going to hate myself for passing, but I think I will.

400$!!:monkey4

And then add shipping and VAT, I'll think I would wound upp at 500$ or so!

So that's a no thank you!

Well, they could at least give us a better photo of the light-up, 'cause this doesn't realy give me the idea of shadow and flame IMO...

And it's kinda cool that the base is Moria styled, like the Cave Troll... Gandalf should've had it too though, just to remember where he fought against this Balrog of Morgoth...

$400 seems way expensive for a bust. didn't gg make a light up for less than $50? but the light ups seem to at least keep value. i'll predict that fewer than 500 of these will be made. with a pricetag like that, few will buy.

I was overjoyed with what they did with Gandalf. (And happy that it didn't have a Moria base -- Gandalf the Gray was in many more stories than the one of the end of the Balrog, and anyway, it wouldn't have worked with his old staff.)

Now this Balrog is... just wrong. On too many levels. Can't see it holding its SRP value at any ES larger than 50.

I'm shocked at the response this is getting. Its a huge piece and $400 is not unreasonable espcially with the current exchange rate.:D Ordered

Back