Balrog Legendary scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a good bit off using a nice soft brush.
Using a bit of water was my next thought, but didnt want to rush into it.
While using the soft brush, i thought, "a stiff brush would be better", so Ima have to go grab one shortly.

Thanks.

I will leave the repaint to you Ad for the time being. ;)

As long as it's not that cigarette smelly soot dust it should be ok. I've used a soft tooth brush and q-tips on a few things.

I don't know how you guys would take this, you may say that it might be too harsh, but the way I clean all my statues is, I mix 1 part alcohol to 10 parts water, then brush away the dust from my pieces using an old, CLEAN, soft toothbrush. Then wipe away the excess to dry. Afterwards, I'd brush some baby oil on the surface, to keep the paint from getting brittle and this is when all the true, vibrant colors of the piece pop out. Wipe the excess oil again, dry, and it's good and clean as new. :)

Just wanted to share this because I thought it looked pretty neat.

Was taking pics for an archive and worst case insurance reasons...
Balrog_Flash_zpsa808d68a.gif

Anyway, this guy is pretty cool...until I can get my hands on GG's bust. :panic:

Other than that, this guy is a little front heavy. With that I would be worried about hollowing out his base for lights, thus shifting his center of gravity out even more. :nono

Last edited:
That thing doesn't weight like it is hollow to me.

Either way, I mean drilling it out even more then I suppose. Just saying to take his already over center of gravity into account when making the center even lighter.

That thing doesn't weight like it is hollow to me.

Either way, I mean drilling it out even more then I suppose. Just saying to take his already over center of gravity into account when making the center even lighter.

Why not just add some weight before you close him back up? I may do that also to mine if I crack him open for illumination surgery.

Not saying you cant. Just posting for others just incase. ;)
As I was moving him around, I knocked on the the bottom, it does seem hollow. Comparatively speaking to the top.

I would like to see mine light up also. In that case I would certainly add some.
Sadly I think that type of modding of statues is beyond my scope at the moment.
I am still working on paint touch ups.

If you do light yours up, mind taking pics as you go.
Any pics what were on the other thread do not seem to work anymore.

Back