Bad Film that could be great if remade?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought that movie looked so awesome based on the VHS cover art back when I was a kid and was so bummed when the actual film just featured regular store bought tomatoes being rolled toward people from off camera. Same with The Frogs. VHS cover looked scary and gruesome and again the film was just a bunch of people falling over as confused frogs and toads hopped near them.

Alligator on the other hand actually *did* deliver. That was one messed up flick, lol.

What got me with Killer Tomatoes was that "buzzing" sound that was used when the tomatoes rolled past the camera, lol. I was bummed too, Khev. That box cover held promise :wink1:

Don't touch killer tomatoes. Its perfect.

Just think what it could be, Wor :lol.

Soylent Green

I LOVE Soylent Green- SHAME SHAME

but yes a remake that actually shows 100 foot wide scoops lifting up hundreds of people and the streets filled with thousands rioting- like the brilliant movie poster. We need Nolan here!:lol

I LOVE Soylent Green- SHAME SHAME

but yes a remake that actually shows 100 foot wide scoops lifting up hundreds of people and the streets filled with thousands rioting- like the brilliant movie poster. We need Nolan here!:lol

You might want to check out "What Happened to Monday" on Netflix then. I thought it was a decent throwback to films like Soylent Green and Logan's Run.

You might want to check out "What Happened to Monday" on Netflix then. I thought it was a decent throwback to films like Soylent Green and Logan's Run.

Thanks!

and I might add Leigh Taylor Young was pure hotness embodied....:wink1:

scoops lifting up hundreds of people and the streets filled with thousands rioting- like the brilliant movie poster.

Exactly.

Soylent Green is truly boring though and 2.5 hours of Heston not being Heston. But the poster was one of the 70's best. As was the promise of the premise.

This movie NEEDS to be remade as a parable on current consumerism.

Speaking of Heston. How about Omega Man?

There are some good elements to I Am Legend, but I didn't like the CGI infected people or the fact that there were actually humans other than just Will Smith. Could have been way better.

I thought that movie looked so awesome based on the VHS cover art back when I was a kid and was so bummed when the actual film just featured regular store bought tomatoes being rolled toward people from off camera. Same with The Frogs. VHS cover looked scary and gruesome and again the film was just a bunch of people falling over as confused frogs and toads hopped near them.

Alligator on the other hand actually *did* deliver. That was one messed up flick, lol.

What had me confused for the longest time was that stupid killer tomatoes cartoon.

I would see the cartoon played on tv and i thought the movie tomatoes looked like that. I thought they had fangs and faces in the movie looked cool.
For years i thought the movie must be great

When i finally saw it.....WTF was this garbage.....jesus talk about false advertising
What a terrible waste of film

killertomatoes8.jpg

What had me confused for the longest time was that stupid killer tomatoes cartoon.

I would see the cartoon played on tv and i thought the movie tomatoes looked like that. I thought they had fangs and faces in the movie looked cool.
For years i thought the movie must be great

When i finally saw it.....WTF was this garbage.....jesus talk about false advertising
What a terrible waste of film

killertomatoes8.jpg
The cartoon was better than the actual movie :lol

Well, this thread is a trash can fullo' vomit and overpostin' burps now.
Too bad tho, it had potential for good conversations...

Back