Bacon is NOT an evil thing...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The implication of what you say is that pigs were only created to be slaughtered for bacon, and that they couldn't enjoy life like every other living creature. That said, there is an artificially high number of pigs only because they were bred for slaughter.

By your argument, it would be totally ok to raise human beings for slavery, since they wouldn't have life if they weren't bred to be slaves in the first place. It would also imply the same for breeding humans to eat them. Double standard.Every person that dies from a heart attack due to eating bacon reaps a death that is richly deserved. Live by having a diet based upon violence towards others, die by it.
The 95 year old woman is an anomaly, that is a testament to an otherwise creative outlook, not the health benefits of bacon. Others said as much in the video.

And you were surprised when two board members put you on ignore in the "Breaking Bad" thread? :dunno

What did I say about splitting hairs?

The very fact that you cannot understand the fundamental difference between killing humans and killing animals (because you have no grasp of the fundamental difference between humans and animals) is cause enough to dismiss anything you have to say completely out of hand.

I know the difference between killing animals and humans just like I know the difference between killing children and adults or men vs women or white people vs black people or WASPs vs Jews. Ultimately, EVERYTHING in the world is unique, so therefore, killing one person or animal is always different than killing another. Humans ARE animals.

And you were surprised when two board members put you on ignore in the "Breaking Bad" thread? :dunno

What did I say about splitting hairs?

He is the one splitting hairs, not me. He is the one that is compartmentalizing.
Breaking Bad is an evil show that endorses or at least excuses destroying human life, and treats it as if that sort of thing is entertaining or edifying to people to watch it.

It is a vile abomination that deteriorates the human spirit by desensitizing people to the horror of causing human suffering by presenting sociopathic behavior towards others as a form of entertainment.

It is precisely the kind of thing that is eroding the moral fiber of society and causes some people to think it is ok to kill others or make other people suffer for fun or profit.

Last edited:
I'm not splitting hairs, genius. You're overgeneralizing. Inductive Logic 101...

I know the difference between killing animals and humans just like I know the difference between killing children and adults or men vs women or white people vs black people or WASPs vs Jews. Ultimately, EVERYTHING in the world is unique, so therefore, killing one person or animal is always different than killing another. Humans ARE animals.

You don't know a goddamned thing.

It is precisely the kind of thing that is eroding the moral fiber of society and causes some people to think it is ok to kill others or make other people suffer for fun or profit.

Gonna have to go with BadMoon on this one. Ha ha. Hee hee. Ho ho.

I'm not splitting hairs, genius. You're just slow.

You don't know a goddamned thing.

I know you compartmentalize too much and you believe that compartmentalization is objective when it is not. Your compartmentalization is based upon the defense of a conventionalist lifestyle that is based upon might makes right and then you act as if you are being fair. You can't have might makes right AND ethics. You can't have might makes right and have fairness and objectivity.

Gonna have to go with BadMoon on this one. Ha ha. Hee hee. Ho ho.

You can't have a deterioration of moral fiber if your moral fiber is already at the level of the show in the first place. That's accurate. Moral fiber is relative.
Put another way, Breaking Bad reinforces a certain level of immorality and amorality by presenting it as normal, and by having a tv show about it, the implication is that it is socially acceptable.

I threw you a bone with the induction advice, but I'm afraid I was closer to the mark with just calling you slow.

Eating bacon is not an instance of might makes right. That only applies to organisms with rights. Perceptual level animals don't have them. Conceptual level animals (humans) do. A right is a moral political concept required to delineate rules of interaction in society. We do not have society with the rest of the animal kindgom. They exist by might, and might alone. We exist by the extent of our rationality. To extend considerations based on the possession of a rational faculty to organisms that do not possess said faculties is asinine.

But, if you insist, then by all means...

You can't have a deterioration of moral fiber if your moral fiber is already at the level of the show in the first place. That's accurate. Moral fiber is relative.
Put another way, Breaking Bad reinforces a certain level of immorality and amorality by presenting it as normal, and by having a tv show about it, the implication is that it is socially acceptable.

I don't care what you think about Breaking Bad. I think you're bat**** crazy, and you're not helping your case.

I threw you a bone with the induction advice, but I'm afraid I was closer to the mark with just calling you slow.

Eating bacon is not an instance of might makes right. That only applies to organisms with rights. Perceptual level animals don't have them. Conceptual level animals (humans) do. A right is a moral political concept required to delineate rules of interaction in society. We do not have society with the rest of the animal kindgom. They exist by might, and might alone. We exist by the extent of our rationality. To extend considerations based on the possession of a rational faculty to organisms that do not possess said faculties is asinine.

But, if you insist, then by all means...

To suggest that only humans can have rights is to believe in might makes right. To make up a concept like "rights" implies that other things not called "rights" are something that no one should have.

This is a conventionalist viewpoint that is based on might makes right. It stops people from thinking.

A "right" is a conventionalist, arbitrary concept empowered by the might makes right belief, and those "rights" often change.

It is pure conventionalist drivel based upon might makes right and has no intrinsic basis in logic.
It is merely another way of expressing might makes right using different words.

Many humans exist by might and might alone, as well. It is how companies can get richer by polluting the environment, or by killing animals and putting them on their plate to eat them. If humans actually practiced rationality, they would not cut their own throats by polluting the environment for profit, nor would they raise livestock to be eaten, with the environmental damage it causes, and the disease eating animals causes. If humans were rational, they would think of the social implications of having horror and Breaking bad as entertainment, and they also wouldn't have UFC fights, either, if they weren't so barbaric.

No, Human beings are like animals, only with more intellect that they use to invent more sophisticated ways to express their animal instincts, and they use that same intellect to rationalize it.
To be rational does not mean rationalization.

Rationalization is using the intellect to defend barbaric, primitive, vicious behavior and calling it civilized, because you do it in expensive suits and in dwellings with polished marble floors instead of living in caves in your lion cloth, and chop and combine and decorate the animal flesh you eat on fancy plates instead of ripping it off the bone as if somehow that changes your primitive behavior to a significant degree.

So what you're saying is that you have absolutely no comprehension of the concept of rights, it's basis in nature, or it's relevance to human survival? You think it's arbitrary and conventionalist? Because it does not fit your ideals, and because it opposes your view of yourself as some kind of iconoclastic vanguard? :lol

You're wrong. You don't understand what rationality is, and you don't understand what logic is. I think it's entirely possible that you're not just crazy, but genuinely ignorant. You also harbor a malicious contempt for your own species. And bacon thinks you're lame.

So what you're saying is that you have absolutely no comprehension of the concept of rights, it's basis in nature, or it's relevance to human survival? You think it's arbitrary and conventionalist? Because it does not fit your ideals, and because it opposes your view of yourself as some kind of iconoclastic vanguard? :lol

You're wrong. You don't understand what rationality is, and you don't understand what logic is. I think it's entirely possible that you're not just crazy, but genuinely ignorant. You also harbor a malicious contempt for your own species. And bacon thinks you're lame.

The concept of rights is something that is agreed upon by people to be something that everyone is entitled to because they are alive. If enough people agree to it, or if powerful enough people agree to it and enforce it by fining, jailing or kill people who oppose it then it is seen as a right-At least in that particular community.

There is no rationality required to determine a right. Only agreement is needed, even if that agreement is based solely upon emotionalism and no logic.There may be rationality involved in determining a right, but not in determining every right. The only requirement in establishing a right is agreement and the power to enforce it.

Conventionalism states that if enough people believe in something, it is normal and can be a right, but if all of those people believe in something wrong, then it can still be considered a right.

Conventionalism does not mean logic. Conventionalism is determined only by popularity.

If I loved a concept that meant the destruction of my own species, regardless of how popular that concept was, then that would mean I had contempt for my own species.

I have contempt for beliefs that destroy the human species, which is what I must have in order to truly love it.

If those beliefs that destroy the human species come from human beings and are steadfastly held onto as being normal and enjoyable, I still must have contempt for those beliefs.

Otherwise, my love of humanity will be compromised as a result of my complacency and apathy by looking the other way or ignoring the destructiveness of those concepts.

If for the sake of social convention I try to get along better with people by agreeing with those concepts I really try to destroy all human life.

To best love and protect human life, I must adamantly reject all that destroys human life, even if it is various beliefs of human beings.

By ignoring the destructive effects on humanity of things that destroy human life, just to try not to ruffle feathers, you actually hurt people. You don't help them.

The concept of rights is something that is agreed upon by people to be something that everyone is entitled to because they are alive. If enough people agree to it, or if powerful enough people agree to it and enforce it by fining, jailing or kill people who oppose it then it is seen as a right-At least in that particular community.

There is no rationality required to determine a right. Only agreement is needed, even if that agreement is based solely upon emotionalism and no logic.There may be rationality involved in determining a right, but not in determining every right. The only requirement in establishing a right is agreement and the power to enforce it.

Conventionalism states that if enough people believe in something, it is normal and can be a right, but if all of those people believe in something wrong, then it can still be considered a right.

Conventionalism does not mean logic. Conventionalism is determined only by popularity.

If I loved a concept that meant the destruction of my own species, regardless of how popular that concept was, then that would mean I had contempt for my own species.

I have contempt for beliefs that destroy the human species, which is what I must have in order to truly love it.

If those beliefs that destroy the human species come from human beings and are steadfastly held onto as being normal and enjoyable, I still must have contempt for those beliefs.

Otherwise, my love of humanity will be compromised as a result of my complacency and apathy by looking the other way or ignoring the destructiveness of those concepts.

If for the sake of social convention I try to get along better with people by agreeing with those concepts I really try to destroy all human life.

To best love and protect human life, I must adamantly reject all that destroys human life, even if it is various beliefs of human beings.

By ignoring the destructive effects on humanity of things that destroy human life, just to try not to ruffle feathers, you actually hurt people. You don't help them.

VfKHr.gif

So yeah, like I was saying, the only good bacon is chewy bacon. Crispy is gross. It's just too dry and salty. Chewy bacon, despite having more flavor, actually feels like meat in your mouth. Not stale potato chips.

If it's undercooked, it's mush. If it's overcooked, it's crumbly and dry. There a place on each end where it's awesome, chewy or crispy. My favorite is slab bacon cooked to a leathery consistency. Applewood smoked.

So yeah, like I was saying, the only good bacon is chewy bacon. Crispy is gross. It's just too dry and salty. Chewy bacon, despite having more flavor, actually feels like meat in your mouth. Not stale potato chips.

I have never tried chewy bacon. Maybe that was my mistake.
I shall try it!

Back