Babylon 5 Rebooted as Film Franchise?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonWes

Super Freak
Reaction score
Let's hope it's gonna be nothing like ST reboot of the classic characters.

Eh, who am I kidding...

Sorry, but this story needs a television-length canvas to be properly realised. This concept reminds me of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. The movie remake had a lot going for it, but just too little time to tell such a complex story.

The original B5 series was superb, but it needed:
- better special effects
- better dialogue editing
- Andrea Thompson's ego not wrecking a secondary plot arc
- the fourth season being spread over two seasons as originally planned

Whether any of that merits a remake is highly debatable.

I agree the story they told needs a TV canvas. But if they do a new (or at least remixed) story, then a movie might be a good choice.

Sorry, but this story needs a television-length canvas to be properly realised. This concept reminds me of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. The movie remake had a lot going for it, but just too little time to tell such a complex story.

The original B5 series was superb, but it needed:
- better special effects
- better dialogue editing
- Andrea Thompson's ego not wrecking a secondary plot arc
- the fourth season being spread over two seasons as originally planned

Whether any of that merits a remake is highly debatable.

I agree. Probably the smartest sci-fi show, definitely for its time, and possibly ever, but it really needs a big canvas. Plus it would be sorely missing G'Kar. :(

It took me three tries to get through the first season but I had friends who kept saying how much they liked it. The rest of the seasons I could not stop watching on Netflix. Had the same experience with Star Trek TNG.

I understood it I just thought the first season was poorly written and or acted on both shows.

Nah, it's just the first impression. As a matter of fact McFadden's acting was hilariously bad during the whole TNG.

Back