AX2 Studio - BOOM! Series #3 Smith Baker (1:6)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah they splash red paint as blood on them, but you still got all the accessories. A chase figure should have a different paint app not minus accessories. You didn't have to pay more to get the mysterious chase fig.

Gangsters kingdom has chase figures too

Actually the gangsters kingdom chase figs do more than just splash blood on them...there are many differences. I am also disappointed that they didn't include the handcuffs, that was sneaky for sure but I still think the figure is cool

I want my ****ing handcuffs

though you were going to sell it off anyway.

either way you're gonna be so pissed with Steam Factory where you get 1 out of 5 total accessories (in random) for every pack you purchase.

BTW anyone know how many Shiro & Kuro are there in total? You guys mention only 400 made, 400 normal, or 400 in total?

Actually the gangsters kingdom chase figs do more than just splash blood on them...there are many differences. I am also disappointed that they didn't include the handcuffs, that was sneaky for sure but I still think the figure is cool

the outfit quality is a disappointment esp the giant buttons that are exposed partially.

anyone plan to die their normal version kuro? i think it's possible but have to be careful not to stain the inner red. maybe very thinned paint brush will work?

either way you're gonna be so pissed with Steam Factory where you get 1 out of 5 total accessories (in random) for every pack you purchase.

BTW anyone know how many Shiro & Kuro are there in total? You guys mention only 400 made, 400 normal, or 400 in total?

Oh wow—is that really how Steam Factory does it? I thought their figures just came with a lot of stuff.

Oh wow—is that really how Steam Factory does it? I thought their figures just came with a lot of stuff.

their 1st figure was a rabbidog, it has a small figure forgot it was a rabbit/pig/dog that only comes with some of them, the rest you get an empty cut out foam stuffed back with the cut out foam like Normal Smith Baker.

their 2nd figure i'm not sure since i did get the small rabbit, but might be for pre-order or special release or random i'm not sure because i bought from a seller who was a friend with them and already know mine comes with it.

never kept track about them afterwards since i was only interested with the 1st 2 figures.

then i saw a post here, i think it's a rabbit with a pogo stick & his leather bags. most accessories are standard, but what i remember is he has a few additional leather bag designs, and you only get 1 of those bags by random pack. never looked back at them afterwards.

unique design & taste, but failed marketing most people probably never heard of them. you can find news about their items, but as always there's no where to buy them, not on ebay, not on online shops.

Totally am. Actually will be listing today or tomorrow. but it would've been nice to have all the accessories.

I know I have it listed for sale but it's irritating to me that they didn't include all the accessories.

This is taken from AX2's blog, an update on the Chase figs:

"And we have an exciting news to share with you, there will be some chase ver. Smith Baker randomly insert within the 400 pieces. The chase figure is director's edition, it comes with some minor differences with the decals and color choices. "

I know I have it listed for sale but it's irritating to me that they didn't include all the accessories.

This is taken from AX2's blog, an update on the Chase figs:

"And we have an exciting news to share with you, there will be some chase ver. Smith Baker randomly insert within the 400 pieces. The chase figure is director's edition, it comes with some minor differences with the decals and color choices. "

yea i know, they showed us the cuffs & holster, never said it was chase or shiro exclusive. i don't know if Shiro comes with cuffs or not.

they mention chase, but also until recently only i know there's a Shiro chase & a Kuro Real Chase. you pretty much buying something you don't even know what.

Guys if someone wants to steel le the comic book or make le some scans that would be awesome.
Ive been following the artist work for a while doubt it Will be published anywhere :(

the art by FCP is incredible indeed! love it so much, entire comic is great story is very cool. has this ghost in the shell Masamune Shirow feel to it.

per ax2 if he is sold again he will be bundled with another figure. been wondering who or wht smith baker will be bundled with and in what color variation? maybe a new colorway to reflect who or what he is bundled with? dunno but interested to see. guessing maybe a updated ver of the first fig in their boom series, rei.

the art by FCP is incredible indeed! love it so much, entire comic is great story is very cool. has this ghost in the shell Masamune Shirow feel to it.

per ax2 if he is sold again he will be bundled with another figure. been wondering who or wht smith baker will be bundled with and in what color variation? maybe a new colorway to reflect who or what he is bundled with? dunno but interested to see. guessing maybe a updated ver of the first fig in their boom series, rei.

bundled? that's a cheap move.

So there's three versions of him and then they will re-release him and double up? I really am beginning to question these companies that say "limited to 400 pcs" then re-do it with a different color jacket or accessories.

bundled? that's a cheap move.

its pretty standard for smaller companies like this to get maxim use from a mold/sculpt that they invested time and limited resources to create. it doesnt effect the number that the original colorway got or the chase figures really cuz they are not sold in that style/appearance again, at times it can even drive the want for the original colorways even more. if they sold the original again even tho they said it was only 400 then ok i agree thats cheap but thats not what they are doing.

i can respect and understand the bitterness here expressed by fellow freaks but i have been buying from smaller companies like this for awhile now and its not anything new or surprising in that regard, pretty standard stuff and done by all smaller companies regularly.

Under normal circumstances i wouldn't care. They previewed one thing. I preordered based on that image. They went in a different direction the month it was to be released, delaying it for a few months, then topped it off by not including the accessory that they made such a big deal about. However, some that got the shiro and chase version got it. Last time i checked there was not a different price for different figures. I paid the same amount and got less. So if this small company wants to keep customers, then there should be more respect. You show me where it says certain accessories will only be included with the chase versions.

its pretty standard for smaller companies like this to get maxim use from a mold/sculpt that they invested time and limited resources to create. it doesnt effect the number that the original colorway got or the chase figures really cuz they are not sold in that style/appearance again, at times it can even drive the want for the original colorways even more. if they sold the original again even tho they said it was only 400 then ok i agree thats cheap but thats not what they are doing.

i can respect and understand the bitterness here expressed by fellow freaks but i have been buying from smaller companies like this for awhile now and its not anything new or surprising in that regard, pretty standard stuff and done by all smaller companies regularly.

Under normal circumstances i wouldn't care. They previewed one thing. I preordered based on that image. They went in a different direction the month it was to be released, delaying it for a few months, then topped it off by not including the accessory that they made such a big deal about. However, some that got the shiro and chase version got it. Last time i checked there was not a different price for different figures. I paid the same amount and got less. So if this small company wants to keep customers, then there should be more respect. You show me where it says certain accessories will only be included with the chase versions.

the funny part is, the Shiro version is not a chase version, i'm not sure whether at 1 point you actually can choose which version to purchase or not, but the chase is definately referring to the Kuro version.

btw no one is buying these figures. nobody knows about them at all. so good luck selling them.

Ha ha. If it sells fine. If not the box is smaller than a shoe box. No biggie.

the funny part is, the Shiro version is not a chase version, i'm not sure whether at 1 point you actually can choose which version to purchase or not, but the chase is definately referring to the Kuro version.

btw no one is buying these figures. nobody knows about them at all. so good luck selling them.

Back