AX2 Studio - BOOM! Series #3 Smith Baker (1:6)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the shiro version. pretty sure tha's what's ticked on mine.

quite a few popped up on ebay, even the Shiro ver. I notice they already ticked which version on the brown shipper, so it's really not a chase figure, but purely depends on the person shipping the item? if he likes your name he'd give you a Shiro?

shiro ver is the white variant pics of shiro head here-
AX2

have not seen full body pics dont think. guess white coat etc inverse of the kuro with black leather coat. i think i saw a screen shot of it on the site during reg PO. so it was a surprise drop and random in orders? grhpyx1 did you order the shiro on purpsoe?

I did not order it on purpose. I'll have to check when I get home.

AX2

have not seen full body pics dont think. guess white coat etc inverse of the kuro with black leather coat. i think i saw a screen shot of it on the site during reg PO. so it was a surprise drop and random in orders? grhpyx1 did you order the shiro on purpsoe?

lucky you, i don't think it's a surprise drop because the packer already knows what they are sending out by ticking the shipper box. it's not like everything looks the same until you open up the box to figure out you got a chase figure.

it's very low %, somewhere around 5-10%, it's market value is around twice the normal version, unless you prefer the normal color, you can sell it off and get the normal version and still have extra money left.

i've only seen the half body shot, hope you can be the 1st one to showcase him in full glory.

AX2

hmm how many versions are there actually? i though just normal Green Jacket version & Black version, or is the Black version a special version they made that they posted on facebook?

i'm abit confused. if the Shiro ver is white then i'd prefer the normal version, though the chase figure is Black coat.

btw there's a Boom no.2 Rei normal ver on ebay right now, around $380 + postage, but i think it's the only Boom No.2 i've seen on ebay. though the Kuro version looks way cooler.

FYI there's a Boom no.1 Rei with power armor but only 1 was ever produced in case you're looking for it.

theres the normal ver(green) then the secret drop durin PO, shiro white(which was chase as well per gryphx1) and the chase Kuro black ver. i think.

not a big fan of that Rei to be honest.

nixon has pics where you can see that smith baker's right forearm is fully sculpted/robotic. love to see the kuro and shiro vers arms.
https://www.instagram.com/nixon_3aa/

theres the normal ver(green) then the secret drop durin PO, shiro white(which was chase as well per gryphx1) and the chase Kuro black ver. i think.

nixon has pics where you can see that smith baker's right forearm is fully sculpted/robotic. love to see the kuro and shiro vers arms.

well i don't know, they never mention how many chase type there is, and the box only has normal & Shiro tick box, and the only time i saw the kuro was on facebook, up til now still nobody claims they got the Kuro ver. and i have not seen any on ebay.

these folks are so obscure even Google Image only shows photos from AX2.

btw have you checked with your handcuffs, i think it's included in all ver together with the leather cuff holster, based on what was shown on AX2, if not i think you should contact them, or at least open up ur 2nd box to check everything is there.

btw nixon has some kuro pics, but who is nixon, just a collector who was lucky to get the kuro? so you need to open up the box to find whether you got a Kuro?

12531153_1596366407351194_1933663636_n.jpg

from what i see the difference is the black hat, black coat, black pants.

mine is just the Smith version. They would definitely not give me the Shiro version after my emails with them when I first noticed the changes. I'm most definitely putting him on ebay as I'm probably in the minority of not liking the changes made.

mine is just the Smith version. They would definitely not give me the Shiro version after my emails with them when I first noticed the changes. I'm most definitely putting him on ebay as I'm probably in the minority of not liking the changes made.

well so did you get the smith or shiro version. anyone got the shiro or kuro version?

i just checked mine, not really super impressive, here's a few complaints:

1.Inconsistent face paint, 1 looks more realistic while the other looks like just came back from hot day under the sun, reddish.

2.The tailoring ain't as good as many say it is.
1st the arm area of the coat is too thin, thus the side with cyborg arm looks longer than the other because it's stucked due to the buttons on the sleeve.
2nd the button on the pants are too big making a bulge together with the belt buckle.
3rd again the button on the shirt. They should have used proper 1/6 buttons or just Velcro instead.
4th the cheapskate tie, while it's wired (which makes it worse if you want a normal pose to get them straight down). it's your typical Medicom rubberband tie instead of full tie. also 1 tie knot looks ok while the other looks horrible. The black elastic band is clearly showing due to less than optimal tailoring on the shirt collar.
5th the belt doesn't look impressive, compared to what they showed us in the Shiro ver.
AX2-boom3-baker-work2.jpg

3.The body doesn't look as aesthetic as Hot Toys/Enterbay or your Hot Toys bootlegs. Hard to get it in a natural pose. The hard rubber boots makes it harder to pose.

4.They didn't include the handcuffs & leather holster for the normal version like they posted on their page, disappointment, what you get is a filled up cutout foam tray. it's a small item and everyone expected to have 1.

5.Hand pegs are pretty flimsy, not your typical wrist joints.

6.No figure stand for such an expensive figure...

Overall, it has some cool stuffs like Sculpt, Arm & Luggage case with rotating wheels & the gun & smoked ciggy, but IMO it's not worth the high price & very long wait.

Also the fact that they are playing the "Chase Figure" game for such an expensive & limited quantity figure instead of focusing on their QA/QC even more makes it less likely for people to continue "chasing" their figures.

Comparing AX2 with 1000Toys, 1000Toys are way better in terms of R&D design & quality, and AX2 is actually more expensive than 1000 Toys. Both are playing the exclusive/chase game, though for AX2 you don't really have a choice if you wanted a normal but got a chase ver.

I just got the regular Smith. Did not check to see if the accessories were complete. If it isn't you should let them know. I was disappointed about the whole chase thng. Didn't know it was going to be the case. Whatev's. live and learn.

Will check mine later before I sell it. going through a bit of a downsizing on the ole 1:6th figures anyway.
well so did you get the smith or shiro version. anyone got the shiro or kuro version?

i just checked mine, not really super impressive, here's a few complaints:

1.Inconsistent face paint, 1 looks more realistic while the other looks like just came back from hot day under the sun, reddish.

2.The tailoring ain't as good as many say it is.
1st the arm area of the coat is too thin, thus the side with cyborg arm looks longer than the other because it's stucked due to the buttons on the sleeve.
2nd the button on the pants are too big making a bulge together with the belt buckle.
3rd again the button on the shirt. They should have used proper 1/6 buttons or just Velcro instead.
4th the cheapskate tie, while it's wired (which makes it worse if you want a normal pose to get them straight down). it's your typical Medicom rubberband tie instead of full tie. also 1 tie knot looks ok while the other looks horrible. The black elastic band is clearly showing due to less than optimal tailoring on the shirt collar.
5th the belt doesn't look impressive, compared to what they showed us in the Shiro ver.
AX2-boom3-baker-work2.jpg

3.The body doesn't look as aesthetic as Hot Toys/Enterbay or your Hot Toys bootlegs. Hard to get it in a natural pose. The hard rubber boots makes it harder to pose.

4.They didn't include the handcuffs & leather holster for the normal version like they posted on their page, disappointment, what you get is a filled up cutout foam tray. it's a small item and everyone expected to have 1.

5.Hand pegs are pretty flimsy, not your typical wrist joints.

6.No figure stand for such an expensive figure...

Overall, it has some cool stuffs like Sculpt, Arm & Luggage case with rotating wheels & the gun & smoked ciggy, but IMO it's not worth the high price & very long wait.

Also the fact that they are playing the "Chase Figure" game for such an expensive & limited quantity figure instead of focusing on their QA/QC even more makes it less likely for people to continue "chasing" their figures.

Comparing AX2 with 1000Toys, 1000Toys are way better in terms of R&D design & quality, and AX2 is actually more expensive than 1000 Toys. Both are playing the exclusive/chase game, though for AX2 you don't really have a choice if you wanted a normal but got a chase ver.

Are there any 1000Toys chases, besides the battle-damaged Kotko?

no, but majority of their products were expo exclusive, some made it to online stores, some lucky draw, a handful on some collaboration store which is pretty elusive and some battle damage were limited.

but this A2X probably the 1st that came up with "Chase 1/6 figures". you know like blind box, you get what you get like it or not. you can do it on a $10 blind box trading figure, but a $200 figure? come on.

I just got the regular Smith. Did not check to see if the accessories were complete. If it isn't you should let them know. I was disappointed about the whole chase thng. Didn't know it was going to be the case. Whatev's. live and learn.

Will check mine later before I sell it. going through a bit of a downsizing on the ole 1:6th figures anyway.

it's not missing, just not included in the regular version, you can see it's done on purpose the foam has the cuff+holster shape cut out but filled back in with the same cut out foam.

overall it's a nice figure, but i'm quite disappointed with their QC. in particularly the clothings. those buttons are horrible, for a premium figure i would expect at least real buttons like some cheaper figures, not oversize buttons or Velcros. that is so 2000.

those buttons on the shirt & pant just ruin the looks. also the stitching were pretty weak on some buttons, had to apply little glue to get them tighter.

so many 1/6 companies have had chase figs, is pretty common with smaller companies like this. no idea if potato is serious or not. also 1000toys have had like three con exclusives cuz they attended and had booths or representation at said cons, con exclusives by companies in attendance are also a pretty standard thing in the world of toys.

uhhh yeah :dunno is like looking for reasons to hate

Gangsters kingdom has chase figures too

my bad, but AX2 was earlier than Ganster Kingdom.

now i recall that Steam Factory also had similar chase, except it's not a variant but some small figure that comes with some. and i recall recently they had a figure that has like 4-5 chase accessories, each box only comes with 1, so yea AX2 isn't the only one, but their variant has major difference from standard, outfit color is totally different, i don't know how different Ganster Kingdom's chase are compared to normal.

as long as the fans are happy, no biggie. i'm just not into these chase games.

also 1000toys have like 6 Comic Con Exclusives (4 AntiCARB, 1 Test Type, 1 CQC), even though they had left overs for online purchase & lucky draw purchases, they weren't originally planned for world wide availability.

only Test Type, CARB, Koto & battle damaged Koto were standard release with much lower quantity for BD Koto.

you know people who collect full line tend to give up when companies started doing exclusive items, even the most complete completlist couldn't get their hands on every single exclusives because some are just impossible or too expensive to get hold.

btw finally found some pics of Shiro ver.

fb4Vzdb0Wfs.jpg

JcYzPp236zk.jpg

1n6ybaxuBy0.jpg

iZPF_tkuj2o.jpg

The black one definitely looks the best. The white one looks like some pharmacist who never changed his uniform.

12918020_1586035775040481_1335289360_n.jpg

Back