AX2 Studio - BOOM! Series #3 Smith Baker (1:6)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ax2

Freakalicious
Reaction score
01.jpg

Smith Baker, a county sheriff from Philadelphia who has been through a major accident, was saved by a cyborg surgery. He was very fortunate to survive because of the technology, but that also became the nightmare of his life. Through a rescue operation requested by his best friend, he will eventually find a door to salvation for himself.​

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

12" BOOM!#3 - SMITH BAKER

Pre-Order opens: 03/20/2015,*8AM Pacific Standard Time

The first batch buyers will get our promotional deal: $195 U.S
(limited to 400 pieces worldwide, original retail price: $220 U.S)

*Product will be available at: AX2 WAREHOUSE

I like the design, looks like Jude Law in Gantz Suit wearing civilian shirt to cover it up.

Hope price can be affordable & easily available. Should be a hit.

Love it, very cyberpunk.

Will his arm be fully mechanical underneath the clothing or is is just the hand?

Thanks for the heads up. Boom! #2 Rei and Yojimbo are terrific figures. I will be ordering this as well.

Well perseverance worked. I waited 10 minutes and boom was in my cart.

there's a bug if you managed to get 1 in your cart you can enter 100 units and click update there you have it 100 units.

i bet many scalpers had problems finalizing their paypal payments. i managed to put 3 in cart without the bug but of course i deleted them just for fun. Hope someone else got them late in the game.

has everybody seen the update/changes made to the head on this?

AX2: 1/6 BOOM!

I personally thought it would have been nice to have given a heads up to peeps that pre-purchased on the image shown. I had liked the smooth android look of the pre-order figure. they decided to go with a more realistic texturing to the skin.

has everybody seen the update/changes made to the head on this?

AX2: 1/6 BOOM!

I personally thought it would have been nice to have given a heads up to peeps that pre-purchased on the image shown. I had liked the smooth android look of the pre-order figure. they decided to go with a more realistic texturing to the skin.

I'm not sure if the character is a robot or enhanced human.

Ax said they are planning for a late January release....I couldn't get their Facebook page to open so I emailed them and that's what they told me.

Enhanced human. Yeah the new direction is to make the sculpt more realistic. Will wait and see

i'm more concerned about the 2 versions coming out which until now we have no idea the difference other than the color tone, and best part is it's packed randomly so you won't know what you are getting until you get them, but chances of normal version is higher since there's more of them. i'm not sure such marketing is actually necessary.

Funny thing is i liked the smooth look since I have the realistic sculpts from the hot toys I was hoping for something different. But apparently they made the decision for me after i paid for it. oh well. it'll be great nonetheless

I prefer the new head sculpt, looks much more detailed

i'm more concerned about the 2 versions coming out which until now we have no idea the difference other than the color tone, and best part is it's packed randomly so you won't know what you are getting until you get them, but chances of normal version is higher since there's more of them. i'm not sure such marketing is actually necessary.

Funny thing is i liked the smooth look since I have the realistic sculpts from the hot toys I was hoping for something different. But apparently they made the decision for me after i paid for it. oh well. it'll be great nonetheless

I don't think it's too drastically different, just looks a bit grittier and more detailed but still has a comic/anime look to me...I purchased it based on the smooth look too but I was pleasantly surprised with the update. I think we are in for a treat come Jan/feb:) have you checked out studio sundowner? They got a nice upcoming release that you may like

Back