Ax2 Studio- Boom! Series #2 Rei (1:6)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROBOTO

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My 1/6 tailor friend "KC" has worked with this studio since last year and below is their most recent work.
Thought it might be good to share this post with everyone who likes this type of work. I really dig the stuff they created, can't wait to see more works from them.

reilayout1.jpg

He is the key to cloning, he is seeking for his path.....his name is Rei.
In the story line, Rei, the main character, is the first clone experiment and he is the only clone soldier survived after the civil war with his own kind.
He then became the key for cloning, and was hunted for such reason.

reilayout2.jpg

reilayout3.jpg

More images will be revealed soon, please stay tuned with us for updates!

12" CLONE PROTOTYPE - REI

Pre-Order opens: 02/14/2013, 8AM Pacific Standard Time

The first 100 buyers will get our promotional deal: $199.99 U.S + "A handcrafted gift"
(limited to 250 pieces worldwide, original retail price: $245 U.S)

Product will be available at: https://ax2warehouse.bigcartel.com/

Last edited:
ax2insidervol11.jpg

Still testing out our factory, here are some sneak shots. Once they are ready, we will begin taking pre-orders!​

Last edited:
I think, that the figure has much in common with TK from threeA. They have similar hairstyle, gloves and snickers. Also TK are clones too. Too many details are the same for me.

I think, that the figure has much in common with TK from threeA. They have similar hairstyle, gloves and snickers. Also TK are clones too. Too many details are the same for me.

We could argue that this and TK has the same hair style as Cloud from Final Fantasy. Style wise, specially hair can't be argued in my opinion.

Gloves and sneakers definitely are not the same and falls into the same as the above.

In this world we are bound to similarities, but that doesn't mean they are "same" or even recast.

If I had to choose I would go with this figure, it's better detailed than Three A figures.

Looks very nice. I think the similarities is that it's a stylistic figure like the 3A figures and it appeals to certain collectors. The gun looks great as is the clothing design!

Yeah, I agree, they are "similar" but we also forget that this style is very similar to other artists as well. The difference is, Three A is more famous.

My drawing style is cartoony and stylistic much like Jamie Hewlett, Sean Galloway, Humberto Ramos and many others, but they are not the same.

Comparison is bad if done with negative intentions.

I have read in studio's blog that the TK was an inspiration for this series. Also in the story line initially was used abbreviation 'TK' but with another meaning (Tomorrow Kids). So, I think that this series have a many common.

It is normal, I think. I don't mean that figures are identical or recast. But I prefer to see something with more differences. In addition my favorite line is WWR, not TK. )

>> Comparison is bad if done with negative intentions.
Not negative. I just share with my view on this figure.

Gee, the first 100 sets were gone this morning~Crazy
Check out their painted figure images:

BOOM! SERIES #2 onsale tomorrow 8AM PST!

rei1g.jpg

rei2.jpg

rei3.jpg

handcraftedgift.jpg

Our handcrafted gift only available for the first 100 pre-orders!
(Special thanks to our friend "AINXX" to help us make this 1:6 sneakers)​

Does it come in BLACK?

Do you like to see Rei in Black? Here is your chance!

There will be some chase ver. Rei randomly insert within the rest of 150 pieces. This chase figure will come in black with more detail weathering.
(This special offer is only applicable to direct order through our online store.)

boomkuroposter.jpg

Back