AVP Requiem Mystery Maquette-PREDALIEN!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AVP Requiem Mystery Maquette

it's a little nuts for them to expect that people will drop close to a thousand without any pictures... unless you happen to be a diehard AvP fan.

I don't think they expect people to place orders right now, and with a care free cancellation system, that furthers the idea. I'm sure it's a piece they're very proud of, and with Spookatcular and AVP:R buzz, they wanted to put out there something to say yes, we'll be on top of this film, but because of FOX they can't share anything, but this allows consumers to know it's coming and how much and start planning ahead for that money and consider the FlexPay option.

I don't think they expect people to place orders right now, and with a care free cancellation system, that furthers the idea. I'm sure it's a piece they're very proud of, and with Spookatcular and AVP:R buzz, they wanted to put out there something to say yes, we'll be on top of this film, but because of FOX they can't share anything, but this allows consumers to know it's coming and how much and start planning ahead for that money and consider the FlexPay option.

i see your point.

:D

I'll go for this piece if it looks like the USA Today images, the colors and textures and everything about it would make a badass statue, but the whole "conceptual" thing has me wondering how different this would look from the final suit. That is if it is the Predalien.

"None who have seen this character have lived to tell the tale, making detailed images and photography impossible to obtain."

Oh hi

6f2vpxgr7.jpg

I'm sure they're between a rock and a hard place with Fox. They need to solicit it now so they can gear up production.

Everyone knows that it's going to be the Predalien, but SSC can't say that or show pictures. Movie studios are funny that way, even though the images are out in the trailer they prevent the licensors from showing anything.

Maybe as a reward they could email the picture to those who have ordered it like myself.:D

I'm sure they're between a rock and a hard place with Fox. They need to solicit it now so they can gear up production.

Everyone knows that it's going to be the Predalien, but SSC can't say that or show pictures. Movie studios are funny that way, even though the images are out in the trailer they prevent the licensors from showing anything.

SS should'nt be in the buisness of putting things up for order without a decription.

That would make sense that it is the Predalien since Neca hasn't showed that one yet, but if it's an regular Alien or Wolf, it wouldn't.
I'm pretty sure now it is the Predalien.

Last edited:

I agree and think that it is the predalien. I mean at this point it is pretty obvious based on the facts that we have. the thing is, it really doesnt matter what it is at this point because the thing costs 900 freakin dollars.

so no matter if it is a predalien, wolf predator, or regular alien, the thing had better be absolutely incredibly badass for it to justify the high price tag and large shelf space.

the dimensions on the thing are huge - 27" high, 12" wide, 16" deep
WOW!

Great marketing ploy, which has really stirred the pot. Everyone holding back makes it a great 'in road' for the flippers. This is going to be great. With a high price tag, you're going to need as much notice as possible. First quarter 2008 isn't that far away. You'd have to be hoping for a delay.

That would make sense that it is the Predalien since Neca hasn't showed that one yet, but if it's an regular Alien or Wolf, it wouldn't.
I'm pretty sure now it it the Predalien.

They said on SS's site that it was a challenging new design.This could only mean the Pred-Alien.

This could only mean the Pred-Alien.

Not true, until we see the film, we have no idea what surprises are in store for us, could be some new form of chestburster or something, who know. Odds favor the Predalien, but with a film like this, until you know everything, it's hard to say.

SS should'nt be in the buisness of putting things up for order without a decription.

Given their cancellation policy I see no problem with it. I know flexpay carries a cancellation fee, but like I said earlier this thing will not sell out before pics are posted so that should have no bearing either.

Great marketing ploy, which has really stirred the pot. Everyone holding back makes it a great 'in road' for the flippers. This is going to be great. With a high price tag, you're going to need as much notice as possible. First quarter 2008 isn't that far away. You'd have to be hoping for a delay.

Honestly, I don't think many flippers are circling around $900.00 statues.

Not true, until we see the film, we have no idea what surprises are in store for us, could be some new form of chestburster or something, who know. Odds favor the Predalien, but with a film like this, until you know everything, it's hard to say.

DarklordDave sounded like he had some inside information "everyone knows it's going to be the Pred-Alien",I dont know if it is for sure but NO chest burster is going to cost $849.

Like I said, odds are it will be the Predalien, my only doubts of that are based on the boat load of official images out of the thing, it seems odd why there would be secrecy now, unless like I said earlier, something we haven't seen about the creature would be revealed in this maquette and we're not to know of that yet. I'm curious to see, if it's the Predalien, how different the maquette is from the final suit. The film creature definitely looks great and exceeds my expectations for how it would appear, even from the sort of teaser image with the Predator blades up through it's jaw.

Id rather just buy the Hot Toys Pred-Alien if i was to spend 900 bucks id cop an Original Maquette of the first predator

Back