AVP Alien Grid Hot Toys figure from SSC!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think part of the reason they went with the Alien Resurrection design is because the movie was fast tracked by the studio.
Of all the film suits so far, it does come up last for me but it's not a completely terrible design. The new AVP-R design is so far, not impressing me any more then that version and might actually end up the worst for me. It's the very human looking shoulder muscles that ruin it.

after creating the massive crappile of a movie that is avp, can you really pick at anderson for going with that lousy aliens design?:monkey1

Look at it this way -- it makes Alien Resurrection look amazing by comparison! :rotfl Seriously though, I liked all of the other Alien movies (some more than others, of course), but AVP left me totally cold.

Is it just me or do you think your watching Jurassic Park watching all them Alien/Raptors running around?
Yeah, I felt like that too. That and the stupid scene where the alien impales the Predator with that stupid, ridiculously long tail felt like it was exaggerated as hell.

@Screamingmetal: The shoulders are the same as the AVP/A:R design, the only difference is they tried to make the head look like the one from ALIENS(The directors, supposedly, wanted to make a new alien based on the ALIENS design, but they already spent most of their $$$ redesigning the Predator and the Predalien alone).

I wish Fox would get a crowbar, pry open their wallets and get Stan Winston back already. He could atleast make an Alien look like an Alien and not some bastardized version of the Jurassic Park raptor.

Yeah, I felt like that too. That and the stupid scene where the alien impales the Predator with that stupid, ridiculously long tail felt like it was exaggerated as hell.

@Screamingmetal: The shoulders are the same as the AVP/A:R design, the only difference is they tried to make the head look like the one from ALIENS(The directors, supposedly, wanted to make a new alien based on the ALIENS design, but they already spent most of their $$$ redesigning the Predator and the Predalien alone).

I wish Fox would get a crowbar, pry open their wallets and get Stan Winston back already. He could atleast make an Alien look like an Alien and not some bastardized version of the Jurassic Park raptor.

I looked at the two and they still just don't seem the same. The Resurrection and AVP versions' shoulders looked more sinewy, this new one's shoulders look more melted into a single mass. Almost like the mold was deteriorating. :rolleyes:
I also think the smoother shoulder muscles worked better with the smoother dome.

They killed a fellow alien to escape?.. What movie are yall talking about?.. I mean they didnt do this again did they?

Has anyone got theirs from SS yet? When they released this during spooktacular I remember them saying it would be covered by the half price shipping offer they were running, because it was in stock and ready to ship. I don’t remember them listing a date change in any newsletters, maybe I missed it.

(Or like Pumpkinhead children)

:lol
That Fox line is a classic line of TRUTH! :rock
Well said.

I got to be honest here and say that I actually liked the Alien:Resurrection ALIEN design. If they made that figure I'd definitely get it.

No more aliens :monkey1.
Too many predators and aliens have been released , let me catch up!!!.
And i totally want an alien 3 alien , forget resurrection!.

I got to be honest here and say that I actually liked the Alien:Resurrection ALIEN design. If they made that figure I'd definitely get it.

I'm with you man - I like all of the Aliens designs so far (even the Alien 3 version, even though I didn't care for that movie too much). I think it's kinda cool that they're all very different, but still recognizable as xenomorphs.

I hadn't seen Aliens Resurrection in a few years, so I dug it out and watched it the other night again. I actually enjoyed the flick quite a bit. Much different than the other Alien films of course, but still enjoyable as an action flick - and that's all I really expect from these movies. The aliens were probably the most different in resurrection, and I'm sure that's what turns people off. They did all kinds of things that they didn't do in the other flicks: Kill each other to escape, spit acid blood, swam, make sweet love to the Ripley clone (okay, that scene was pretty stupid - lol!).

Oh yeah - as far as the Grid Alien goes, I finally put mine together the other night. Like was said earlier in this thread, he's the exact same as the regular AVP alien, just with added paint and some grid texture on his dome. I am happy to have it though, and glad I didn't jump the gun earlier and pay more than retail for him (he was fairly rare before SSC got them).

just got mine........unboxed, checked all the pieces and everything looked ok. Started to assemble to half of the tail enclosure falling out into my hand....doh !!! I've heard about dodgy feet and legs but never the ar*e to fall out before :monkey2

Hey guys are the alien eggs that come with the Hot Toys snap kits in scale with these 1/6 aliens? They look a little small but I don't quite remember their size from the movies. Also are there any differences between the eggs that come with the "Aliens" snap kits and the "AvP" ones. Thanks in advance!

Back