Avengers Iron Man Mark VII Life Sized Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow confirmed that the arc will not change.

This is a really bad news. Based on what they use this cheap looking arc? is it screen accurate thing? they already made good looking arc for WM!!

It's sad the arc reactor isn't like war machine this one just looks like the one off the mark 1 maquette, however I'd I had the cash I'd probably buy one

If that is true then thats a bummer. As long as the darn thing works then thats all that matters...the prototype at the SDCC didnt even work i dont think? Iron Man bust has to have an arc reactor regardless of how it looks :pfft:

You know actually, to be honest to me it looks good as is. It's still metallic and just doesn't have a high gloss finish.

Watching some scenes from the movie, IM never really looks that glossy and has more of a metallic shine like in one of the more recent pictures sarakawa posted.
img2752rc.jpg

The following picture of the Mark VII bust by sarakawa looks similar to how IM looks in the pictures below it.
img2751vj.jpg

iron_man_2_standee_003.jpg

Iron%2BMan%2Bin%2BThe%2BAvengers.jpg

Now that I think about it, I remember seeing the Mark III bust in person recently and it wasn't exactly super shiny/glossy. I also remember there were people using car wax on their busts and buffing them to get the results they wanted. If you guys want a super glossy IM bust, the Mark VI Legendary Scale Bust looks like it has a glossier finish.
img2732tn.jpg

img2731g.jpg

Regarding the arc, it's actually not too big a deal for me. I'm just curious to see if they'll make it look like War Machine's in the end. If it's the same as War Machine's that would be great but it is just a painted version of the details of the arc and not actually sculpted right?

The problem I encounter with HT Iron Man figures is that yes they do have the arc components on the figure but when you turn the lights on you still see the arc which doesn't look that great. With the solid white in the arc window the light is uniform and actually looks like it fills the window. Personally, I'd rather have it look full.

I'm starting to wish that Sideshow had designed this Mark VII bust with the triangular arc rather than the circular one like for the Legendary Scale Bust! :lecture

A couple of things bother me, one is the obvious arc looking somewhat cheap and also the fact that I can see imperfections in the surface in various pictures. I don't know if this is common but I would expect more in the display piece at least, they only get worse from this point right? Oh another is the finish. I know he isn't Lacquer man but would be nice to give a little more luster to the finish it could also work on reducing some of the ripples/waves in the sculpt if any are really there in production.

Am deciding between Mark III and this one.. Love the clean Mark III but tough to find one new pcs.

I'm starting to wish that Sideshow had designed this Mark VII bust with the triangular arc rather than the circular one like for the Legendary Scale Bust! :lecture

Thats true but he doesnt look like he is made out of plastic either. I think he needs a little boost in luster a bit. Maybe just a coat of fine automotive polish I dont know, I'd be scared to apply something like that too for fear it will take off finish somewhere. I also dont like how his head is turned.

hello guys, I'm an Italian collector and I apologize for my English.
I read that sideshow that will not change the ark reactor ...
where did you communicate?
I hope in a color a little more polished
believe that there will be changes?
thanks

hello guys, I'm an Italian collector and I apologize for my English.
I read that sideshow that will not change the ark reactor ...
where did you communicate?
They asked the staff during the 2012 San Diego Comic Con.

I hope in a color a little more polished
believe that there will be changes?
thanks

No changes. The final product will look like that. You can always just polish it yourself using the proper product. I hope this helps you man! :wave

I'm still hoping that the arc reactor will be changed, if not then am gonna wait for IM 3 bust!

yeah, I got it, thanks
unfortunately I'm not good in making custom
I'm just wondering because with war machine have made ​​the ark reactor with details and no iron man
mysteries sideshow

I'm on the fence on waiting and saving for this one, or going for the BD Mk III.

As far as busts go, i've only got Maul, Sidious, Vader, Hellboy, Wolverine, and Captain America... Hulk is on its way...

I've already got a 1:1 Mk III helmet and a 1:1 Mk III arc, but it seemed it'd be cool to have the bust. I've been looking at this thread and the BD Mk III thread... and it's getting to where i might opt out and just get the Thor Bust.

Any opinions?

I'm on the fence on waiting and saving for this one, or going for the BD Mk III.

As far as busts go, i've only got Maul, Sidious, Vader, Hellboy, Wolverine, and Captain America... Hulk is on its way...

I've already got a 1:1 Mk III helmet and a 1:1 Mk III arc, but it seemed it'd be cool to have the bust. I've been looking at this thread and the BD Mk III thread... and it's getting to where i might opt out and just get the Thor Bust.

Any opinions?

Im in the same boat, still not decided what bust to get. For me, I'll wait for MK IIV to see in hand pics then will decide :)

Honestly, the arc ruined this piece for me. I loved the removable ammo packs and size but the arc looks childish. No excuse after how much detail they put into the War Machine 1:1 bust.

Such a shame! But I'm more than thrilled with my MKIII BD 1:1

Agree, if the arc was as good as WM this will be no brainer for me.

Arc ruins it for me too. Why would they go to such great lengths for the Avengers Iron Man armor and then give us a poorly done arc.

Arc ruins it for me too. Why would they go to such great lengths for the Avengers Iron Man armor and then give us a poorly done arc.

Because they're banking on the fact that it's IRON MAN tied in with the AVENGERS and will sell regardless of the arc reactor or details that the die hard collectors care about!

Back