Avengers: Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avengers: Endgame (April 26th, 2019)

I don’t watch trailers, previews, read up on anything. I go in fresh knowing nothing about the movie so I think my opinion of “first impression” matters the most. I doubt that there is any critic who comes from this angle. Looking forward to buying on blu ray and watching for the first time.

Spoiler Spoiler:

While I will still rate this movie a success there are 5 items that are super infuriating to me and collectively almost derailed the entire movie for me.

I will rate them from order of severity.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Going again tonight lol

We definitely agree here! What a wasted opportunity! Hence, my disappointment! Like I mentioned in my spoiler, switch out a certain character and things would've been so much better.... Grrrr.

Spoiler Spoiler:

You have no idea how
Spoiler Spoiler:

:exactly:

AGREED! I feel the same way!
Spoiler Spoiler:

Now if you'd excuse me... I'm going to go brood somewhere else and wait for the next episode of GOT on Sunday. I'm sure that'll in some way shape or form, piss me off too...………… :gah:

They tried to have a big
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I enjoyed the movie, but have few criticisms...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Good try but NOPE! :lol

Somehow this will all pave a path for galactus and next thing you know Thanos was a mere small threat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Somehow this will all pave a path for galactus and next thing you know Thanos was a mere small threat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can see it now: Galactus is a giant, planet eating cloud, and Chris Evans reprises his role as Johnny Storm. "Fantastic Four, assemble!"

So out of everything the MCU has done in the past...

Spoiler Spoiler:

...is the one thing that jye does not approve of.

Yet somehow...

Spoiler Spoiler:

...is perfectly OK.

I'm sorry but I just have to :lol at that.

I really liked the movie. You can’t do EVERYTHING in the 3 hour runtime but they sure did more than I expected.

I’m just wondering where Marvel goes from here.

Saw Endgame this morning. I pretty much agree with everyone's take on this so far. The positives and the negatives. I liked a lot, but felt confused/let down with a lot as well.

IW I feel is the better movie of the 2. After IW I couldn't wait to see it again. Not the same with EG. I'm seeing it again on Sunday with my kids, but I don't feel anxious to see it again at all...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Everything Loki said except I was ok with Thor. He’s had a great ride and I expect we may see him again in this new phase of his life.

I think the blocker for Bucky is his past. While redeemed he’s technically not pure anymore for all the hydra Influence. But yeah Sam has a tough road ahead with no access to hero serum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think the blocker for Bucky is his past. While redeemed he’s technically not pure anymore for all the hydra Influence.

That shouldn't be a blocker, though - that should be the reason. It makes for more dramatic potential, while setting up a different version of Cap as Bucky tries to live up to Steve and make up for his wrongs (that weren't his actual fault, but he feels they are). Those are the EXACT reasons why I think BuckyCap! should happen.

The fact that he isn't pure, but he loves Steve so much and was a hero before what happened to him, makes him the best choice for the shield from a character standpoint and a dramatic standpoint.

Last edited:

I saw the film. Overall, it's a satisfying cgi fest, but how else can you do the last hour? It's the most epic thing I've ever seen in any movie with ridiculous fan service that feels earned. Thanos goes down has the most badass villain in mmovie history, and it's not even close.

So out of everything the MCU has done in the past...

Spoiler Spoiler:

...is the one thing that jye does not approve of.

Yet somehow...

Spoiler Spoiler:

...is perfectly OK.

I'm sorry but I just have to :lol at that.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:

Is no one going to admit that the first act was really boring? Like 30 minutes were absolutely worthless.

Back