1/6 Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
latest photo by someone else from Taiwan HT show, non BD verison is modified , way better than the prototype. I guess they will modify BD version too.

117946727_2771208013112981_4694511172442460404_o.jpg

Yeah, what are the modifications? My untrained eyes don't see anything different compared to the proto...

Probably is the same but because it's posed better, people think its been modified.

I can't tell the difference too. But it got me excited to get my first and only Iron Man. The colors remind me of Iron Man in the comics, which is a plus for me.

If the headsculpt as as good as the BD version then maybe, but as of now the BD is the only one I have on order.

I can't post a new thread so I apologize in advance if this is a bit OT.

Having trouble deciding between the IM Mk 85 clean and BD. Currently, my only other IM is Mk 7 ordered just the past weekend.

How long does Hot Toys usually take from announcement to release? I've got 3 other figures on my wish list scheduled for 2021. I could swing both Mk 85 versions as long as Hot Toys doesn't release any other figures in 2021 that haven't been announced/solicited yet (primarily interested in Black Widow and 2.0 Avengers 2012).

So watcha guys think? Is getting both feasible? If not, those who chose only one, how did you decide which one to get?

*sigh* It would've been much easier (and affordable) if Hot Toys had just released a deluxe version with both clean and battle damaged head sculpts and parts. :banghead

It's usually about a year (sometimes more) from announcement to release in HK. Then allow a couple of months for distributors to get them.

I'm sure this will still be available from Sideshow long after release.

I have only ordered the bd version. The clean one is barely on screen longer and the headsculpt in the promo pics are less than amazing.

If this releases with a better head I would reconsider but I already have both mk I versions, dc mk 50, 6 and 7, hulkbuster, as well as the original mk 6 and mk 3, and the stealth mk 7 so it really is about how many of these do i need?

I can't post a new thread so I apologize in advance if this is a bit OT.

Having trouble deciding between the IM Mk 85 clean and BD. Currently, my only other IM is Mk 7 ordered just the past weekend.

How long does Hot Toys usually take from announcement to release? I've got 3 other figures on my wish list scheduled for 2021. I could swing both Mk 85 versions as long as Hot Toys doesn't release any other figures in 2021 that haven't been announced/solicited yet (primarily interested in Black Widow and 2.0 Avengers 2012).

So watcha guys think? Is getting both feasible? If not, those who chose only one, how did you decide which one to get?

*sigh* It would've been much easier (and affordable) if Hot Toys had just released a deluxe version with both clean and battle damaged head sculpts and parts. :banghead

It's scheduled for 3Q 2021, there's no 'one year from preorder' rule or anything like that. Several Mando figures came out in less than a year for instance. I went with the Battle Damaged because it had the better looking gauntlet and better headsculpt IMO.

By the way, it's better to not create a thread to just ask a question, doing it this way is probably best rather than create a throwaway thread.

It's usually about a year (sometimes more) from announcement to release in HK. Then allow a couple of months for distributors to get them.

I'm sure this will still be available from Sideshow long after release.

I have only ordered the bd version. The clean one is barely on screen longer and the headsculpt in the promo pics are less than amazing.

If this releases with a better head I would reconsider but I already have both mk I versions, dc mk 50, 6 and 7, hulkbuster, as well as the original mk 6 and mk 3, and the stealth mk 7 so it really is about how many of these do i need?

It's scheduled for 3Q 2021, there's no 'one year from preorder' rule or anything like that. Several Mando figures came out in less than a year for instance. I went with the Battle Damaged because it had the better looking gauntlet and better headsculpt IMO.

By the way, it's better to not create a thread to just ask a question, doing it this way is probably best rather than create a throwaway thread.
Gotcha. Thanks!

I just placed my PO for the Mk 85 BD at Alter Ego (no tax, free ship to CA). I figure that saves me at least $20 shipping vs going direct with SSC and perhaps another $45 sales tax if they're still not required to collect CA sales tax by then.

Clean Mk 85 POs are sold out on both BBTS and AE so I think I'll just wait until actual release to see if I still want to get one.

alright hoping hot toys doesn't butcher this head sculpt like they did with the regular 85 lol

I'm not sure what people are complaining about with the new sculpt. Sure it's different to the prototype, especially in the hair style, but it's not any better or worse than previous HT Stark head sculpts. From the blogger pics in the final production album, it looks to have all the skin texture and detail that we expect from HT these days. I personally think it looks fine.

Yeah, I don't think I think the sculpt itself really changed from the prototype. It's just that the paint quality is nowhere near as good as what was shown.

Back