1/6 Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I would love a dx iron man figure as well. I am actually surprised they have not done that yet. I wish they mark 85 was a dx and it came with clean and battle damage parts.

Well, that would have made way too much sense...and unfortunately HT seems quite adverse to logic at times. :cuckoo:

Yes that would be a sweet DX set and fitting somehow.

Yes, I would love a dx iron man figure as well. I am actually surprised they have not done that yet. I wish they mark 85 was a dx and it came with clean and battle damage parts.

For what Marvel has done for Hot Toys in terms of their sales, it seems insane they haven't done a single DX release. They've done a ton of deluxe releases and stuff, but nothing in their 'premier' line seems odd.

I think maybe part of the problem is each time they release a DX it's generally something shiny and different like a Terminator or Joker and they'll market it as being all forms of special (I know SW has had DXs too). Maybe they think it lifts the appeal of that line. Whereas with MCU people will buy as long as it says Iron Man. If ugly neon Iron Man figures are going to sell, then they'll have no problem shifting as many undamaged and damaged Mark 85s as they wish.

I think maybe part of the problem is each time they release a DX it's generally something shiny and different like a Terminator or Joker and they'll market it as being all forms of special (I know SW has had DXs too). Maybe they think it lifts the appeal of that line. Whereas with MCU people will buy as long as it says Iron Man. If ugly neon Iron Man figures are going to sell, then they'll have no problem shifting as many undamaged and damaged Mark 85s as they wish.

My first hot toys purchase! Cannot wait to get this guy, gotta wait another two years though.

Can?t decide between this and the clean version.

Since they are a year apart, get the clean one. Then you can decide later if you want to sell it for the battle damaged version. That is what I am doing. I think the clean one will look, well, clean on display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This one will display with the tony head sculpt and snap. Makes it unique enough that I?m happy to have both on preorder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Battle damaged with head sculpt is going with Cap, fat thor and Armoured Thanos. Clean can go with the other suits to show the evolution. This is most likely my last ever 1/6 IM so it's going to be pretty special.

It bugs me that they release a superior Tony sculpt with this while the standard 85 has one of those not even close ones. HT only nailed RDJ's likeness after 11 years.

I'm glad that payments for this starts next year lol. I have too much PO's this year already haha.

It bugs me that they release a superior Tony sculpt with this while the standard 85 has one of those not even close ones. HT only nailed RDJ's likeness after 11 years.

They updated the sculpt from the initial promo pics on the standard version. Check the shots with the nano gauntlet.

They updated the sculpt from the initial promo pics on the standard version. Check the shots with the nano gauntlet.

Yeah but it's still a terrible sculpt by Kojun. The sculpt that comes with this BD 85 is by GOX. They should and won't scrap the head that comes with the clean 85 and include a clean undamaged sculpt.

Yeah but it's still a terrible sculpt by Kojun.

Lmao wut.

You must have a very different definition of terrible.

d539861d9fb2db807aa3e6d76934d95c.jpg

Back