1/6 Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version) Coll

See, it's hard to tell for certain I guess, but I was always under the impression that his gauntlet was fingerless for the snap. The way the armor lights up when he locks in the stones, but no glow on the fingers, and the thin nature/lack of visible seams/hints of fingernails when he does the snap had me thinking the nanites had transferred away/broken away.

fingerless.jpg

In which case, it's a shame that HT didn't go that extra step for the figure. Or perhaps I'm wrong; what do you think, are his fingers covered in this scene or not?

Re: Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version) Coll

I, too, thought the fingers were exposed for the snap. Watched it twice in the theater but could be completely wrong. Really wish they released a HD still so that we had more clear reference..

See, it's hard to tell for certain I guess, but I was always under the impression that his gauntlet was fingerless for the snap. The way the armor lights up when he locks in the stones, but no glow on the fingers, and the thin nature/lack of visible seams/hints of fingernails when he does the snap had me thinking the nanites had transferred away/broken away.

View attachment 461038

In which case, it's a shame that HT didn't go that extra step for the figure. Or perhaps I'm wrong; what do you think, are his fingers covered in this scene or not?
From watching in the theatre, the fingers did seem to have a thin red CG layer of nanites on the fingers. Though I'm sure everyone here will do their own investigating once the film releases in a couple weeks. [emoji23]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Pretty cool. I was contemplating the standard release but this seems more enticing for whatever reason. I may order this one.

From watching in the theatre, the fingers did seem to have a thin red CG layer of nanites on the fingers. Though I'm sure everyone here will do their own investigating once the film releases in a couple weeks. [emoji23]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I think you're right...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzYDq7FAiAC/

Getting both clean and battle damaged versions. Learned my lesson that I can't pass on ANY diecast armors. The secondary market doesn't allow it.

Getting both clean and battle damaged versions. Learned my lesson that I can't pass on ANY diecast armors. The secondary market doesn't allow it.

Yep. I was going to get the clean but now I saw this so I will get the battle damage for sure and then might get the clean as well. Have to celebrate the last rdj iron man armor.

They included everything I want from the standard 85 figure, now I really want to sell the clean version.

I was so hoping TS would flip Thanos off then lead into snap. Would’ve been EPIC. Getting this for sure.

Yep. I was going to get the clean but now I saw this so I will get the battle damage for sure and then might get the clean as well. Have to celebrate the last rdj iron man armor.

Yes, I'll likely get this as well as the clean version I have on order. As it's scheduled for Q3-Q4 2021, it'll be all by its lonesome on my spending forecast. For now. Until it gets pulled ahead 6 months. And I order a sh#t ton more HT figures. Will it ever end? :gah: :lol

Yeah the fact it comes out a year later makes it a slightly easier decision to buy both I think. And it'll give me plenty of time to appreciate the pristine figure before it gets overshadowed by the BD.

Not getting it (space), but it's pretty much perfection.

I don't think I'll have any use for the clean version with this one. I'll keep my order for it because I don't want to have to cancel another order with Timewalker, felt bad enough the first time I did it due to other circumstances. But once that comes, I'll keep it sealed and see how things are playing out for that one by the time they're sold out.

As awesome as the headsculpt and battle damage look, I just don’t think I want that version of Tony immortalised on the shelf...

As awesome as the headsculpt and battle damage look, I just don’t think I want that version of Tony immortalised on the shelf...

LOL I can relate...I prefer Fun, Quippy Tony as opposed to Microwaved Tony.

The shoulders are still waaay too broad on this of course, which is even more apparent when you're displaying the Tony sculpt. But it's probably just something we'll have to live with.

Back