Avengers: Age of Ultron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1468529_844779862205254_71543544_n.jpg

Wouldn't worry too much, if at all. It's obviously a stand in with not enough parts showing to judge the final design.

.............https://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me4us75wPT1r9ktnn.gif[IMG]

what have they done... that could still be a drone or something right?.. right?... :slap[/QUOTE]

You all realize what movies look like when they are filming is not the same as the final product, right? They have rough stand ins to set up lighting and blocking for CGI to be added later. You're going to drive yourselves crazy if you are trying to build up/crush your hopes based on out of context 1200mm spy photography of the set.

And whats the difference? how is the shape of the Ultron head gonna change in the main movie? they built that for a reason, same as with Iron Man. The won't use the CGI to change Ultron's head they will use it to create the rest of the body

Wouldn't worry too much, if at all. It's obviously a stand in with not enough parts showing to judge the final design.

I only care about the shape of the head

I wanted something like this

Ultron2013.jpg

or maybe this

comicultron2.jpg

That's the thing, when have Marvel Studios designers ever disappointed us when it comes to film adaptations of armored/robot characters? Ultron will turn out fine, remember that Whedon is a fanboy and will stay true to the comic look whenever possible.

That's the thing, when have Marvel Studios designers ever disappointed us when it comes to film adaptations of armored/robot characters? Ultron will turn out fine, remember that Whedon is a fanboy and will stay true to the comic look whenever possible.

TRUE

I forgot about that... that as relief thanks, I should wait until we see the full reveal of Ultron before I make my mind

And whats the difference? how is the shape of the Ultron head gonna change in the main movie? they built that for a reason, same as with Iron Man. The won't use the CGI to change Ultron's head they will use it to create the rest of the body

I only care about the shape of the head

I wanted something like this

Ultron2013.jpg

or maybe this

comicultron2.jpg

Isn't this what they went with for the teaser?

ultron-helmet-avengers-2-age-ultron-wip-3630330-avengers-2-age-ultron-teaser-trailer-sdcc-2013.png-298192d1394914769

Maybe the mouth opens up?

I'd like to see the Ultron design in action first before making any concrete judgements. I like it enough in the way that it has a retro sci-fi vibe to it like Metropolis, so even as an Ultron fan, I'm actually fairly happy with the head they went with. That said, I could easily see the head moving around with mouth opening up so it'd be cool if they implement something like that in the actual film.

In all honesty, I'm waiting for official costume reveals before I make any sort of final judgement on what I like and don't like. Right now I'm just dealing with a lot of ifs. I will say that I am liking what I am seeing so far, and I am seriously considering going deep into AoU figures when Hot Toys begins releasing them. I will also say that the more I see pictures, the more I'm liking the look of Olsen's Scarlet Witch. I fully expect both her and Quicksilver to get actual superhero type costumes for the final battle like Hawkeye did last film, but if she doesn't I will be totally cool having that look on my shelf in figure form.

Would be nice to see a "stealth" version of Hawkeye sporting his classic comic mask.

You all realize what movies look like when they are filming is not the same as the final product, right? They have rough stand ins to set up lighting and blocking for CGI to be added later. You're going to drive yourselves crazy if you are trying to build up/crush your hopes based on out of context 1200mm spy photography of the set.

i definitely know, i was an extra in real steel, they used tennis balls as the stand in for the robots...

Back