Avengers: Age of Ultron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just when I thought "well I hope that's his final suit that he keeps for Cap 3" I notice that he has an Avengers "A" on his shoulder that probably won't carry over into non-Avengers film. Doh!

The A on his forehead has always been for America. But the A's on his shoulders in this new costume are in the Avengers font. I guess he could wear it on solo adventures to show his affiliation with them but we'll just have to wait and see.

I've been a fan of Ultron ever since I've got into comics back in the 90s.
And I'm very happy with what I've seen so far of him. I really would not mind
him conveying emotions. Hell, I'd prefer it almost. What's funny is
the Annihilation: Conquest is exactly what came to mind when I first saw the
pictures. If Joss Whedon takes this movie in that direction.. We are in for a hell
of a ride!

There is one thing I am worried about, not the design at all, but the paint used for this figure.
Given what is happening to the Captain America shields lately I have a bad feeling
scratches will be an issue. That is only if they go the route of metallic paint. But either way
I already have 2 pieces chosen to get the boot when this is released.

Agree with this wholeheartedly, when I got into comics in the 90s, Ultron sort of became my initial guilty-pleasure until I realized how much I truly loved the character, literally becoming my most favorite Marvel character bar none. The fact that Joss had planned for Ultron all along and was only forced to do Loki based on Marvel's insistence (a decision I appreciate as I wouldn't have wanted Ultron to come in too early anyway), it means that Joss definitely has huge plans for him. Likewise, I'm really excited for a HT figure, though I have to admit, I do share your concerns over the metallic paint. I hope HT has improved well enough with their Iron Man figures that by the time Ultron is made they've already corrected these kinds of issues.

Ultron more in the vein of Annihilation: Conquest makes sense, as with the ending of Winter Soldier, it makes all the more sense that S.W.O.R.D. will be a part of AoU since Joss created it. S.W.O.R.D. brings in the intergalactic aspect, which Ultron fits into via Annihilation: Conquest, which thereby helps to set the stage for Thanos' incorporation down the line as his more intergalactic self, instead of someone just interested in Earth, which Thanos only rarely ever is.

Larger

BkB1KZNCcAEdhpC.jpg:large

What suit is this? Is it a PS pic?

This version of cap's suit is the best by far. It just looks like Captain America and seems to be put together like a military uniform.

New Cap suit looks like a nice hybrid of Golden Age and Stealth. Makes me rethink buying Stealth all together, except that I'm extremely hyped on it from just having seen TWS.

The only thing I'm not digging about the suit are all the extra red parts. I could really really do without that. I wonder what they have in store for Cap and Avengers 3

You know Hot Toys will go all out again with the AOU Avengers. Really hoping they release the Batman Returns before then, or we'll never see it.

I for one cant wait for them to go all out, even with all the first avengers I am prob in for them all again, since then I have brought every hero from their phase 2 films haha

I'm kinda lucky in that I only want Ultron :lecture (which is pretty much guaranteed to have a figure at this point).

Don't know if you can interpret a statement laden with hyperbole or it simply missed you (which is fine btw), but I'm referring to the notion that with Hot Toys saturating the market with 1/6 superhero figures, it's practically a no-brainer that they'll be producing a number of figures from the next Avengers film. And with a title like "Age of Ultron", surely HT wouldn't miss the chance to make the titular villain (not to mention a supervillain with a robotic design akin to Iron Man mixed with Terminator seems right up their alley).

Back