Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, I liked this QS more. He had actual development and an arc, not just a neat cgi scene. His sacrifice certainly made an impact. The way the kid looked at his corpse was pretty powerful.

That train, now that I remember, was also my biggest gripe. It made it way too far off the tracks imo. That thing never needed rails to begin with. :lol

Now let's wait for marvel to pull a Coulson

Returned from my second viewing still a 7 / 10. While some dislikes muted a bit most still exist without much change. I'll see it again with the kids but I am pretty solid on my thoughts on the film. I like it, it is enjoyable but it doesn't take the franchise to the next level like (ESB, ToD etc) IMO. It did confirm Cap is my favorite Avenger bar none.....Civil War, I am team Cap......

I could swear he is stronger now, how did he manage to fight Ultron for so long and come out unharmed? badass

#TeamCap :lecture

RDJ is a Marvel rah rah guy and who can blame him? He MAKES the Marvel films he's in EXCEPT AoU for various reasons. Marvel DOES need to realize the bazillion fast and crazy fight scenes and end of the world finales from the sky are getting OLD really fast and find new directions..they are going to become parodies of themselves!

I can ignore some of the other problems but I just honestly felt really Bored with AOU. I don't want to hate it and I don't want to attack it but it was not a very good time for me. the action was not really that enjoyable. it felt like a chore to watch parts of the movie. Not the whole thing, just parts of it.

they wont need alien blood to resurrect QS in the MCU. AoU introduced the casket thing which

Spoiler Spoiler:

they could use that to bring QS back if they wanted.

If they bring him back it would be dumb and predictable, no matter how they do it. I could even accept a ghost QS over a resurrected QS :lol

I can ignore some of the other problems but I just honestly felt really Bored with AOU. I don't want to hate it and I don't want to attack it but it was not a very good time for me. the action was not really that enjoyable. it felt like a chore to watch parts of the movie. Not the whole thing, just parts of it.

This is the second MCU movie I don't want to watch more than once, it was too whedony for me

We agree often but have some different feeling on the Marvel Universe.. But not that different... Gotta say AOU score was one of the worst of all the films. If it did not have the theme from the first film making the occasional appearance then this score would be completely useless.

Iron Man - 10/10 - PERFECT! I would not call it perfect but it was damn good. Needed a little more Iron Man.. Then it would be perfect:)
TIH - 8/10 - Good for sure. - Agree
Iron Man 2 - 6/10 - liked it better the second time around but still missing something. - I like this one a little more now... Only because it was improved by how bad part three was.
Thor - 8/10 - Great and can always watch this one when it's on - Love Loki... Just missing something for me... Better ending maybe.
TFA - 9/10 -Loved it, very memorable score too, loved the themes in it. - Would like it more if the action scenes were not a montage.
Avengers - 10/10 - perfect movie! - Pretty much
Iron Man 3 - 5/10 - it was ok but I liked it less the second time seeing it. - I hate this film... HATE IT! Just watched it again for only the second time.. BLAH!TDW - 8/10 - Thor and Loki always good. Agree... I wouldn't give it an 8 but it's about as good as the first one.
TWS - 8/10 - Really good and loved Bucky. - Almost as perfect as Avengers for me. Best Action scenes in ANY Comic film... Marvel or DC
GOTG - 3/10 - I wanted to walk out of it....no real drama and WAY too much forced comedy. I tried it again and still hated it. - First viewing I gave it a 5 out of 10... Watching it with my kids improved my enjoyment greatly...
AOU - 5/10 - It just did not work for me on many levels and not a memorable score. - Hoping an extended cut will improve it.

I guess I missed it but what was the point of Ultron stealing all the vibranium? Aside from making a vibranium version of himself, what else did he plan to do with it? He obviously didn't use it for the drones since they were easily disposable. Was it what powered the land mass to lift?

He needed it to build a core so the city wouldn't crumble and fall apart during lift.

Ah, thanks. What a waste of all that vibranium then. Probably would've been a better plan to just cover all the drones in vibranium and have them run amok.

Yea, I'm not clear if that massive explosion in the core (from Thor) represented it all being destroyed, but I wouldn't be surprised if some survived and got buried.

Btw, anyone a little bummed that Vision's death seems inevitable? We know Thanos is going to end up with that gem by Infinity Wars..

Yea, I'm not clear if that massive explosion in the core (from Thor) represented it all being destroyed, but I wouldn't be surprised if some survived and got buried.

Btw, anyone a little bummed that Vision's death seems inevitable? We know Thanos is going to end up with that gem by Infinity Wars..

I like Vision but I don't like him enough to feel bad for his unavoidable death, I guess Tony was right all along huh? Vision may be a good guy but his very existence puts everyone in danger

Can he be powered by anything else other than the gem? :dunno

I like Vision but I don't like him enough to feel bad for his unavoidable death, I guess Tony was right all along huh? Vision may be a good guy but his very existence puts everyone in danger

True but as Thor pointed out, it's safer with him, than in a random staff. At least he can defend it.

Can he be powered by anything else other than the gem? :dunno

No idea. It seems to both give him life and his physical powers so that will be tricky to explain away.

Also, I feel the need to mention that I really dislike Veronica. I know replacing Bettany as the voice of the suit will be impossible but Veronica sounds exactly like Scarlett. I thought Stark was talking to Widow the first time Veronica spoke. Same exact hoarse, tomboy, throaty voice.

As much as I like this film, I have to say, it's very similar the first Avengers. Even the way Whedon wrote the villain, is similar.
Spoiler Spoiler:

the conversation between jarvis and ultron was awesome. the last conversation between vision and ultron was awesome as well. funny how that worked out
i am kind of hoping they make a final version of ultron too.

As much as I like this film, I have to say, it's very similar the first Avengers. Even the way Whedon wrote the villain, it's similar.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I think that may have to do more with Marvel having crappy film villains in general - Thor 2 bad guy (forgot his name lol), Whiplash, Ronan, Mandarin.

I enjoyed Winter Soldier (even though he was pretty much mute), Nebula and Loki in Thor 1. Hopefully Thanos, Baron Zemo, Enchantress (if she is in Thor 3) and Crossbones are better.

Back