Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the reason for this has more to do with the evolution of the suits/costumes. They are constantly being perfected. Where as the changes were major for the first few iterations the closer they get to a perfect cap suit the less likely they are to change any of it. If the stealth suits silhouette is perfect...(and it is)...why change it?

Seems like tony will wear at least two armors In AoU. The hulk buster seen in concept art and the inverted 42 (43?). There are likely more.

Hawk eyes costumes is very fdifferent whilst keeping the same palette which is perfectly acceptable. In fact widow has worn a different costume three times and it hasn't changed much either. Thor too.

This looks bad ***!

ma5u7amy.jpg
e4y9y5up.jpg
14/04/04/uju4e7a9.jpg[/IMG]

That looks really really cool.

The price of freedom is high, and Captain America is willing to do anything to protect it

Anything

:rotfl Glad to see I wasn't the only one thinking that when I first saw that pic.

Your comments inspired me to create this meme.
capfunny.jpg

Whedon, why the bob cut? You literally nailed both Cap and Iron Man's looks just by looking at those set pics (I love the idea of a Mark XLII type suit with more classic coloring), and I'm betting that Thor and Hulk will look pretty good, too, so, why did you have to regress on Widow, when Cap 2 literally perfected both the design and the character?

He probably won't because Chris Hemsworth doesn't like it, and they've actively said that it really doesn't work well on film; that it falls off in action scenes, and so forth.

That'd probably the best thing to do, but I don't think you're going to be able to beat that one, in terms of design. Finding a way to give a guy who looks like an 80's glam rock star and dresses in mail and capes a winged helmet that doesn't make him look like a total ****ing goof is pretty damn difficult, and, I think that that design is about the best you can make. Plus, I think the general public has gotten used to Thor without his helmet enough that Marvel's probably like "**** it;" it's not worth the trouble."

With a working budget of $300 million, someone cannot even design a helmet comfortable enough for Hemsworth to wear and look like what Thor should look like? and he is a whiney *****. Look at what Keaton had to go through back in Batman and Batman Returns.

Not necessarily. Having a constricting costume that's difficult to wear is one thing, but having a clunky headpiece that ruins takes when it falls off (with no blame to place on the actor) is probably pretty frustrating; when you think you've finally "got it," only to have said scene ruined when your helmet slips off your head. At the end of the day, though, like I said, who really cares? Ultimate Thor didn't wear a helmet, and the MCU takes cues from both that and the 616 universe (as evidenced by Sam Jackson playing Nick Fury).

Back