Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, remember that these were more of foreboding premonitions then they were dreams.

At least that's what Stark called his.

Thor's was his future Ragnorak.

Black Widow's was about her no longer feeling like she belongs in this new future of aliens and gods.

Captain America's was the opposite of BW, like you said he actually saw a future where he absolutely belongs and has a purpose, which is what he always wanted anyways when he was skinny Steve.

Peggy is holding him back, time for the ***** to die. :lol

Yeah, I just call them "dream sequences" because I feel like that is just the common label that Joss or somebody gave to those scenes.

Speaking of TDKR, it's interesting that AoU ended with three Avengers (Banner, Stark, and Barton) basically "retiring" from the superhero business but nobody minded whereas that obviously rubbed so many people the wrong way when Bruce did it in Nolan's movie. I would guess that it's for two reasons:

1. In AoU with Cap and Widow still at the helm and their hand picked team you still feel like the world is in good hands. We never got any real evidence that Blake would be an adequate successor to Bruce.

2. We know outside of the movie that these heroes will all return. Civil War, Infinity War, etc. I always pictured that if Gotham went to pot again that Bale Bruce would come back and suit up again but obviously a lot of people didn't. Obviously that is up to interpretation since the trilogy is over and we'll never know.

Oh yeah, possibly #3: People don't like the idea of Batman retiring, ever. But the same does not hold true for IM or HE?

I wonder if Banner had not disappeared would've she followed thru with her plan to run away with him?

So just Cap would've remained from the original group.

I wonder if Banner had not disappeared would've she followed thru with her plan to run away with him?

I think she would have. But like all heroes she/they would have come back if the **** ever hit the fan again. It's not like they'd ever have a farmhouse full of kids preventing them from doing so.

I couldn't help but notice that her little speech to Hulk in the Quinjet did feel a bit like a repeat of the Peggy/Steve exchange at the end of the First Avenger. He's off in a plane by himself, she wants him to turn around but he won't comply, they had "plans," the transmission cuts out before she wants it to, etc.

Yeah, I just call them "dream sequences" because I feel like that is just the common label that Joss or somebody gave to those scenes.

Speaking of TDKR, it's interesting that AoU ended with three Avengers (Banner, Stark, and Barton) basically "retiring" from the superhero business but nobody minded whereas that obviously rubbed so many people the wrong way when Bruce did it in Nolan's movie. I would guess that it's for two reasons:

1. In AoU with Cap and Widow still at the helm and their hand picked team you still feel like the world is in good hands. We never got any real evidence that Blake would be an adequate successor to Bruce.

2. We know outside of the movie that these heroes will all return. Civil War, Infinity War, etc. I always pictured that if Gotham went to pot again that Bale Bruce would come back and suit up again but obviously a lot of people didn't. Obviously that is up to interpretation since the trilogy is over and we'll never know.

Oh yeah, possibly #3: People don't like the idea of Batman retiring, ever. But the same does not hold true for IM or HE?

I never had a problem with Bruce retiring for a couple of reasons, the first being it was his plan since Batman Begins and TDK and unlike the comics, Bruce can't fight crime for the next 100 years and barely age. Stark has already retired like 3 times and I don't have a problem with it, as long as they're not retiring while the world is still in danger.

I never had a problem with Bruce retiring for a couple of reasons, the first being it was his plan since Batman Begins and TDK and unlike the comics, Bruce can't fight crime for the next 100 years and barely age. Stark has already retired like 3 times and I don't have a problem with it, as long as they're not retiring while the world is still in danger.

I actually didn't either because I was able to take the Bruce of the films as ONLY being the character they presented, not what I wanted him to be from the comics. So the ending to me was fine and even appropriate. I just know that it rubbed a lot of people the wrong way and thought it was interesting that the way Whedon handled the "retirements" didn't seem to bother anyone.

That's because Stark wasn't off for 8 years, worked for 6 months, retired. :lol

:lol :lol :lol

People complained about Ultron undercutting his own menace by apologizing for slicing off Klaw's arm? But then immediately after he apologized he reiterated how pissed he was and kicked the disfigured man down the stairs. :lol

Last edited:
:lol :lol :lol

People complained about Ultron undercutting his own menace by apologizing for slicing off Klaw's arm? But then immediately after he apologized he reiterated how pissed he was and kicked the disfigured man down the stairs. :lol

:lol :lol

LOL, exactly. Though technically, he only worked 6 months period. He worked about 5 months, 3 weeks, retires for 8 years, comes back for a week, retires again.

That includes BB? :lol

Stark isn't a sexual deviant who stalks women that tell him no.

:lol

Speaking of sexual deviancy you'd think the hammer lifting scene would be old hat by now but the crowd last night was laughing at it like it was brand new. Except when Stark says "I will be reinstating prima nocta" it was dead silent except for one WOMAN who howled with laughter. Which then made me crack up that only a chick found it funny, lol.

when Stark says "I will be reinstating prima nocta" it was dead silent except for one WOMAN who howled with laughter.

I was the only person who laughed out loud at that in a full theater of about 300 people. Chalked it up to my love of history so I wouldn't feel dirty.

Speaking of sexual deviancy you'd think the hammer lifting scene would be old hat by now but the crowd last night was laughing at it like it was brand new. Except when Stark says "I will be reinstating prima nocta" it was dead silent except for one WOMAN who howled with laughter. Which then made me crack up that only a chick found it funny, lol.

Honestly, I don't think people knew what that was to be honest. :lol

I was the only person who laughed out loud at that in a full theater of about 300 people. Chalked it up to my love of history so I wouldn't feel dirty.

Seriously.

Both Wayne and Stark were billionaires who wanted to set up a "system" that would protect the world in their absence. For Stark it was Ultron, and Wayne the Dent Act. Only the Dent Act actually DID create "peace in our time" and yet everyone lost their **** because it was based on a "lie," in other words it was named after the wrong guy. That's as dirty as Wayne's hands got? NOT naming it the Gordon Act? Okay...

"You know nothing about sticking your hands in the mud and getting dirty Blake! Sometimes you just have to...give something the wrong name..."

"Shut up you inaccurate Act namer! You've doomed us all!" :panic:

I had no idea what it meant, It's been a long time since I've seen Braveheart. :lol

Therefore I enjoyed the trailer line better. :(

I don't know if I like him using the Prima line, it's very disrespectful to PP, especially after she saved his ass.

Back