Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw it last night. Still a lot to process and think about. Overall I enjoyed it. Maybe too much stuff going on with not enough time to actually digest what was happening.

Overall, I think the only flaw of the movie is that it was trying to lay the groundwork for all of the Phase Three films by introducing lots of concepts and hints of future things, while the first movie was really just a climax of all the films that had come before.

Also, I never felt that Ultron posed any sort of physical threat to the team. Sure some characters were wounded or scraped up, but apart from you know who, there was no serious damage done by Ultron himself.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ultron was a pushover. Widow could have beat him.

I thought Hawkeye would kick the bucket with all the special moments he was getting. And that he sucks. Quicksilver was much better.

Surprised with the lower BO take as well. With all the hype, I was thinking $225m.

Could also be a little bit of fatigue of Thor, Capt and Iron Man.

Maybe people realized most of the marvel movies are dog ****.

Last edited:
I guess Cap's shield breaking will be left for Thanos to do.

Stark's vision was of Thanos, not Girl Scout Ultron. :lol

Thor, Hulk, and Ultron are so underpowered in those films. Knowing the MCU, I expect Capt America to somehow put up a fight against Thanos the way he did against a God, Loki and Ultron :slap And then, Hulks beats the mad titan easily in a very comical way.

Actually, Loki was kicking his ass in Avengers, Loki only surrendered to Cap/IM because he wanted to be brought to the HC.

I think the dorky helmet Cap wore in Avengers made him weaker.

It's all about China now. That's the biggest foreign market and it's even surpassing the US boxoffice, so even if AOU doesn't make as much domestically, China will makeup for it, IMO. One thing is certain, AOU won't get near Avatar. I think the people that didn't go see the film this weekend will see it next week, so it'll be fine. I wonder if the "mixed" reviews had something to do with it? I doubt it, but you never know.

Think a lot of people avoiding the crowds, I know more people going next week, then went this past weekend

Just thought I would post the following observation I saw on YouTube earlier.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Thought I would mention it here. Although someone probably has already mentioned it.

I'm surprised that people are assuming The Force Awakens will do MCU opening weekend numbers. To me it looks great but I've got to imagine that the stigma of the PT will still keep large groups of people from rushing out to see it. You kind of need the whole country on board for it to do $175+ its first three days.

I'm going to laugh if $187 million will be considered a "failure" but I don't know that I'd want Whedon to do any more of these anyway, and if this one did something crazy like $250 then I'm sure Disney wouldn't be able to resist bringing him back right after Infinity War wrapped up.

I think the dorky helmet Cap wore in Avengers made him weaker.

Except that Cap sucked against even a couple fake SHIELD agents even when he wasn't wearing the cowl. He was just spraying bullets wildly like a little girl until Iron Man showed up to "save" him. That fight is SO much stupider now that we've seen him ripping Ultron drones apart with his bare hands and trading punches with Prime himself. :lol

Just got back from my second viewing.

Unfortunately I did not like it any more then the first.. In fact I liked it a little less. 5.5 out of 10 :(

Again I will use my Transformers 4 analogy... Lots of Action... But nothing memorable... And thus the action was boring for me :(

Hulk was wasted :(

Ultron was better in the trailers... I Wish that version of the character showed up.

There is just nothing in this film that tops the first one for me.

Happy for those that enjoyed it... Hope the next one pleases all of us.

Last edited:
Except that Cap sucked against even a couple fake SHIELD agents even when he wasn't wearing the cowl. He was just spraying bullets wildly like a little girl until Iron Man showed up to "save" him. That fight is SO much stupider now that we've seen him ripping Ultron drones apart with his bare hands and trading punches with Prime himself. :lol

I'm a bit lost on Cap's super powers as it is. He's indestructible, sometimes super-strong, sometimes not. Can nudge Thor's hammer. Can flip and fly and somersault over flipping cars and land perfectly... but sometimes has trouble with just a few human guards, or that Batroc guy.

I'm a bit lost on Cap's super powers as it is. He's indestructible, sometimes super-strong, sometimes not. Can nudge Thor's hammer. Can flip and fly and somersault over flipping cars and land perfectly... but sometimes has trouble with just a few human guards, or that Batroc guy.

I take the Thor's Hammer scene to mean that he is almost worthy.. Almost :)

IMO Cap should be able to lift it.. Who is more worthy then Cap :)

Back