Avatar don't look 30" TALL !!! What's the real height ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lightwave,

you have been supporting this film and collectible since day #1.

Sad to say, there is only one way you're gonna find out. get it shipped to your home and see what's what. If you are dissapointed with the build material & size send it right back. and tell Sideshow exactly WHY you're sending it back. It may cost you a couple of bucks in shipping, but it will be worth it to get the answer you're looking for.

Looks like plastic, if that's the case, I'll stick with the $15 Mattel toy.

3836810051_6436d10bda.jpg

You know, I just don't understand this attitude about the materials something is made of. There was a huge blow up when it was revealed that the Boba Fett PF was made of plastic... even though polystone is considered a type of plastic too. So something should be priced based on materials alone? What about the research, planning, sculpting, licensing, etc. that go into a piece? What about the art involved? If materials were the only consideration, why do things like artwork, paintings, etc. cost more than just the canvas and paints? Oh! You're paying for the artist's work you say? So that doesn't apply to collectibles?

I say, buy it if you like it and don't worry about the materials so much. If you are afraid it will go down in value, then don't buy it now and take a chance at eBay later on... but keep in mind that the Boba Fett PF that no one wanted because it was made from ABS plastic is now selling above retail for the regular, and hitting $400 to $500 for the exclusive version... don't know why people would want to pay that much for plastic though!

i also love how they are posting pics of the original sculpt :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl Since when have you seen a statue prototype sculpted in polystone? Prototypes are sculpted from different materials that are not the same as the final castings! man i love when people talk without knowing ____. its awesome.

I cant belive people are making bad commets about this masterpiece.

I think the price is dead on seeing that AVATAR is the #1 movie OF ALL TIMES.

SIDESHOW could charge 2k for it and serious collectors will buy it.
If you dont like it go buy the matel 20 bucs piece of plastic.

I will get this piece in the future 100%

does anybody have a a link to the sideshow navi statue's ? someone posted it a while back and it had all these different types of held sculpts of neytiri and jake.

Lightwave,

you have been supporting this film and collectible since day #1.

Sad to say, there is only one way you're gonna find out. get it shipped to your home and see what's what. If you are dissapointed with the build material & size send it right back. and tell Sideshow exactly WHY you're sending it back. It may cost you a couple of bucks in shipping, but it will be worth it to get the answer you're looking for.

You may be right, only time will tell when I have it sitting on my desk. I have had several sideshow pieces in the past I ended up selling because they didnt have that lasting wow factor- but if this piece gets me like my ironman bust 1:1 (the redone version sideshow replaced without paint issues) then I will be happy. I still love looking at that thing. I think if it has some weight to it which it will, and has a good paint job- the details are so intricate ill know when i take it out if its a keeper or not.

i also love how they are posting pics of the original sculpt :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl Since when have you seen a statue prototype sculpted in polystone? Prototypes are sculpted from different materials that are not the same as the final castings! man i love when people talk without knowing ____. its awesome.

:lecture :lol

Totally agree with you, P!tu. :rock

Like i said at the statue forums when i was at sideshow 3 weeks ago i saw the Production piece and it was ____ing sick! looked just like the proto! heavy as ____ to!!! it could be made out of toothpicks and i would still get it cause its amazing and expertly crafted! :rock

Like i said at the statue forums when i was at sideshow 3 weeks ago i saw the Production piece and it was ____ing sick! looked just like the proto! heavy as ____ to!!! it could be made out of toothpicks and i would still get it cause its amazing and expertly crafted! :rock

LOL! Your hilarious. Any other details from what you saw? Like whats parts are for sure metal (such as the grating on the floor) and was the paint job pretty spot on with what we have seen? What differs from the proto? Is it larger than it seems on videos and pics? Thanks pitu!

No one is saying this thing doesnt look cool. I think it looks awesome...the only gripe I have is that $1200 is a tad excessive for something made of plastic. Producing this would cost no where near $1200. I think selling this at $600 SS is still making money...this is a huge money grab off the success of the film imo. SS was hoping to bank off it. Now its not selling..and not because its not cool and not because its expenssive...but because its over priced for what it is.
Come on think of what you can buy with $1200 people...

-A nice set of rims for your car
-A new LED LCD TV
-A nice BBQ
-A laptop
-A guitar
-4 xbox 360 consoles :horror
-4 Premium format statues
-2 1:1 scale busts
-2 1:6 scale Tumblers + batpod
-Pay your credit card bill :(

OR

A 20" tall plastic statue of the Avatar A.M.P. suite...:rolleyes:

Chris

Last edited:
Atheris666, he does not like AVATAR, he does not like AMP Suit of Sideshow, and he does not like Sideshow :D . So he will do everything to destroy this achievement.

Let him speak, the most important thing is to collect what you love! the rest is literature :eek:

No one is saying this thing doesnt look cool. I think it looks awesome...the only gripe I have is that $1200 is a tad excessive for something made of plastic. Producing this would cost no where near $1200. I think selling this at $600 SS is still making money...this is a huge money grab off the success of the film imo. SS was hoping to bank off it. Now its not selling..and not because its not cool and not because its expenssive...but because its over priced for what it is.
Come on think of what you can buy with $1200 people...

-A nice set of rims for your car
-A new LED LCD TV
-A nice BBQ
-A laptop
-A guitar
-4 xbox 360 consoles :horror
-4 Premium format statues
-2 1:1 scale busts
-2 1:6 scale Tumblers + batpod
-Pay your credit card bill :(

OR

A 20" tall plastic statue of the Avatar A.M.P. suite...:rolleyes:

Chris

You keep mentioning that its made of plastic-Yes that is one of 5 or 6 materials its made of but you word it such that it sounds like its a plastic toy. Let get it in hand and see first. I will def review it in a video or something.

You said sideshow is not selling it-while its true its not sold out-there are still over 480 out of the 500 that have been purchased. At 600 Im not sure it would be worth their while to produce it. They are in the business to make money. The licensing and laser scanning of the original to the 3d modeling, production costs-when its all said and done I see where the price is. Now if there had been a run of 1000+ of these then they could charge a bit less through economies of scale but keep in mind there are only 500 being produced.

I would have liked it to be around 800-1000$ cuz thats where I feel it should be but its not and so you either get one or take a chance down the line. I personally would rather get it direct from sideshow and keep if amazing and send back if not. Its worth the shipping fees I would lose in the long run.

Hi Chris! There are hinges, and the hatch will open and close. I've been informed that we should have a final production sample in the building soon for photography :duff
So Pitu did Not See A Production Piece as he stated... but The Proto:rotfl:rotfl....that is why it look Just Like The Proto:rotfl:rotfl
....... :rolleyes:....................:D

So Pitu did Not See A Production Piece as he stated... but The Proto:rotfl:rotfl....that is why it look Just Like The Proto:rotfl:rotfl
....... :rolleyes:....................:D

There are WAY more versions that go through the process than simply 1 prototype and 1 *final* production sample. (I believe we went through this with the Moria Orc PF as well...) What he saw was probably a pre-production sample and/or paint sample sent from the factory for approvals/changes before they started the final production run. In fact, I believe I was in the room when he saw it, and Klauder made sure to mention the fact that the final piece would have hinges and the hatch would be able to open and close... :duff

There are WAY more versions that go through the process than simply 1 prototype and 1 *final* production sample. (I believe we went through this with the Moria Orc PF as well...) What he saw was probably a pre-production sample and/or paint sample sent from the factory for approvals/changes before they started the final production run. In fact, I believe I was in the room when he saw it, and Klauder made sure to mention the fact that the final piece would have hinges and the hatch would be able to open and close... :duff

Ok....Thanks for the info Dusty.........:angelsmil

Thats what i saw which is what i said! and i didnt disclose anything else i just said it looks awesome!! compared to the Proto that was at SDCC.:monkey5

Back