Avatar don't look 30" TALL !!! What's the real height ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to have the piece anyway, cuz I saw the 15 min in imax and know already that this will be a game changer. I love James Camerons take on military in space and Pandora is amazing.

Its hard for me to swallow that price so I just hope its not just a really large plastic model with 1400 pieces

I have to have the piece anyway, cuz I saw the 15 min in imax and know already that this will be a game changer. I love James Camerons take on military in space and Pandora is amazing.

Its hard for me to swallow that price so I just hope its not just a really large plastic model with 1400 pieces

If you're going to charge us that much of money,at least tell us what is made of.Sounds fair SS ? Danke.

Really,I will wait for the Transformers to come out.More epic...:chew Probably the same damn price.:horror

Hey. I saw Dusty was reading this, so I just wanted to say I could never justify spending $1000+ on a collectible from an established franchise of 30+ years like SW or LOTR let alone from a brand new one like Avatar...but with that said, I really want to give you guys props for announcing a license within a relative close time to a new movies release. You guys kinda missed the boat when Indy 4 released and were a tad late on SW Revenge of the Sith and never did new James Bond figs, so I appreciate seeing you guys take a risk with an unproven license. Hope to see stuff from Tron 2 and The Hobbit as well when they are released.

Last edited:
Hey. I saw Dusty was reading this, so I just wanted to say I could never justify spending $1000+ on a collectible from an established franchise of 30+ years like SW or LOTR let alone from a brand new one like Avatar...but with that said, I really want to give you guys props for announcing a license within a relative close time to a new movies release. Hope to see stuff from Tron 2 and The Hobbit as well when they are released.

So what do you collect ?:confused:

Yeah, IMO thats a problem....even though admittedly I collect mostly things from SW and LOTR.

This item is about $1200 out of my price range that I can justify on a single item...however, if I like the film, I'd be willing to spend a couple hundred on their merchandise.

I know other people have much bigger budgets than I do so its nice to see a new license getting a chance rather than having to wait 20 years for someone to do it.

There are a lot of films that come out each year that I think SSC could market if they chose, rather than taking fliers on licenses that already ran their course (talking specifically about Resevoir Dogs, The Fly, Shaun of the Dead, etc).

SSC needs to strike while the iron is hot and demand is there. They missed a huge opportunity with Indy 4. Its still unbelievable that they are just now working on items from that film.

If you're going to charge us that much of money,at least tell us what is made of.Sounds fair SS ? Danke.

I'm with you. I already pre-ordered under the flex-pay plan so that I would soften the hit, but I would like to know what it's made of. Particularly since Premium format figures are really sturdy and have some nice weight to them and are cost about 3 times less. Again not going to cancel since I love the design but I am curious, for 1200 bucks it should hopefully be something sturdier than plastic.

What really stinks is that even though its on sale now 4 months before the release of the film, its still at the very least 8 to 10 months away from coming to our doorsteps.

But one thing I love about ordering Sideshow collectibles, the anticipation. Its almost better than the piece arriving.....almost :)

When SS will tell us the materials used.....

245-0720210603-DoubleFacePalm.jpg

When 2000 suckers, (including myself ;-) have already plopped down the money for the first payment in November...then the big announcement-" Materials- cheap plastic and paint!

Naw, it looks like there are a few materials in the proto. The sling around the arm looks to be made of some kind of cotton material. The base looks like metal plating. But who knows. Please Sideshow, make a phone call...do whatever it takes- Dont keep us in the dark!

When 2000 suckers, (including myself ;-) have already plopped down the money for the first payment in November...then the big announcement-" Materials- cheap plastic and paint!

HAHA, I'm another one of those suckers :rotfl Might as well laugh at myself.

They talked about the AMP suit at the SDCC panel. It's the most complex piece they've ever done and they named the number of seperate parts, I don't remember exactly but I want to say 1400 pieces? All of it from the actual 3D model used to create the suit for the movie.

I can't believe people are getting hung up on size - any bigger and it would be tough to display. I'm sure there will be plenty of people willing to pay $1200, especially after the film comes out.

I think they mean 1400 pieces within the 3D render, not 1400 parts for the actual statue ;)

I think they mean 1400 pieces within the 3D render, not 1400 parts for the actual statue ;)

1400 separate parts would make me nervous, i would be afraid to breathe around the thing in fear it would brake.

I do hope the edition size is small, not that it takes away from the piece if its not but helps justify the price and exclusivity. Unfortunately because of demand, Scott mentioned in a youtube sideshow video interview about it at comic-con he mentioned that it might have around 2000 produced.

Im going to post some videos in case some of you may not have seen them featuring this item

Check this vid at 1:20, he talks about the AMP and mentions how many might be made. 1:36 he says they are going to mass produce it at about a couple thousand pieces
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoUhsCZDa88&feature=fvw

https://www.youtube.com/v/E0HngTLQJDo&hl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o-MXXobwKg

Last edited:
1400 separate parts would make me nervous, i would be afraid to breathe around the thing in fear it would brake.

There's no way it has that many parts... A model kit with 100 pieces is considered fairly huge and complicated, such as those elaborate model ships with the riggings and such. I can't imagine how it would be possible... something's not right with that number.

If you look at the production blog sideshow has you can see that they look like just a few pieces molded and put together. I dont see how it could be polystone because it would surely weigh more than 12 lbs. It must be resin. Hopefully with metal thrown in. I cant remember many sideshow collectibles with metal as a material other than the Endo bust

ScreenHunter_05+Jul.+26+18.24.jpg

Back