Avatar don't look 30" TALL !!! What's the real height ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very happy to say that Sideshow has officially announced the Edition size of the AVATAR AMP Maquette is set at only 500 pieces. For the price I'm glad they set it that low rather than 1000. Adds some prestige to the piece since this is a film that will be seen by millions.

I hope the production piece looks the same if not better than the prototype. I hate when the final product looks cheaper or less detailed. With the price it should look cinematic.

Just from this trailer alone I would want to own the amp suit. There is a lot more slated for release for avatar like premium formats, maquettes, and dioramas. The AMP may very well THE avatar collectible. At least for now. At 500 pieces with millions going to see this film-I think its a pretty safe investment.

Watch this trailer that is shown on UFC fights now displaying the action from the film- a couple quick new scenes for those that dont want any spoilers. I have been staying away from spoilers but this one is worth watching to get pumped up in my opinion trying to appeal to the male action demographic-notice no mention of titanic.

TV SPOT #17 (Yep, thats right- 17!!!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQdoWgd5INo

Many of you may already know about this limited sideshow collectible up for preorder now-but for those that might not....

ampsuit1.jpg

ampsuit2.jpg

ampsuit7.jpg

ampsuit8.jpg

ampsuit6.jpg

ampsuit5.jpg

ampsuit4.jpg

ampsuit3.jpg

3837601248_9e9cdd9e48.jpg

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/E0HngTLQJDo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/E0HngTLQJDo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/4o-MXXobwKg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/4o-MXXobwKg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Im looking forward to the PF's and maquette's from this line. If this thing was the size of the 1:2 IM I'd buy it......I hate to say it....this is just to small for me :lol

Chris

This was posted by someone in the statueforum.com

"The fact that the AMP Suit is scanned from the life sized prop by the movie's effects company and is an exact replica down to the very last detail is the main reason that it costs so much. This isn't the case with PFs and most other maquettes. They are artist's representations of the subject being sculpted and not exact replicas.

The AMP Suit Maquette falls into the category of a scaled prop replica more then it does a maquette in my opinion. I think Sideshow had the Quaritch figure added to make it look more like a maquette."

cool video Pitu...some of the best pics, clips i've seen of it!

your welcome! glad you found it useful! :rock Its an awesome piece! I saw the Proto back at Sideshow again and i saw another one they had in pieces to ship out and this thing has a lot of freaking pieces!!!:horror I asked Klauder about it cause people where saying that it didnt and he showed me all the pictures of the pieces on his computer and jesus this thing is no joke to put together! the Guys alone is 6 pieces! :rotfl there were so many pieces for the suite i lost count!

Amazing piece! if i had the money now i wouldn't hesitate to get it!

your welcome! glad you found it useful! :rock Its an awesome piece! I saw the Proto back at Sideshow again and i saw another one they had in pieces to ship out and this thing has a lot of freaking pieces!!!:horror I asked Klauder about it cause people where saying that it didnt and he showed me all the pictures of the pieces on his computer and jesus this thing is no joke to put together! the Guys alone is 6 pieces! :rotfl there were so many pieces for the suite i lost count!

When you say ship out do you mean to ship to get painted for production or that some are already being shipped? And secondly, are you saying that for us a collectors there will be several pieces to put together upon taking it out of the box or that the amp (along with quaritch) is made up of several pieces that are molded together? Just curious

When you say ship out do you mean to ship to get painted for production or that some are already being shipped? And secondly, are you saying that for us a collectors there will be several pieces to put together upon taking it out of the box or that the amp (along with quaritch) is made up of several pieces that are molded together? Just curious

i mean ship out to the factory im guessing to get painted or something. and no for that putting together part. its not a model kit its a statue so apart from the normal putting together we doe with tha statues i dotn expect it to be any different.

i mean ship out to the factory im guessing to get painted or something. and no for that putting together part. its not a model kit its a statue so apart from the normal putting together we doe with tha statues i dotn expect it to be any different.

Gotcha, thanks Pitu

You get them for free don't you ?

Back