Avatar don't look 30" TALL !!! What's the real height ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not yet, some are holding their breath for a hot toys amp but who knows when if ever that will happen. But the rest of their line should be pretty cool.

never seen the film and have no interest in it but i'd consider buying that piece, it's very impressive.

After talking to sideshow about flex pay since I had never gone that route before, I found out that flex customers get their items at the same time and even many times sooner than normal orders so I decided to flex pay again and apply my $70 rewards to it. Not much I know considering the price of the item but every little bit helps. I am still waiting to hear back about the $20 cancellation fee.

I have rejoined the AMP OWNERS SOCIETY!!!
I realized after I had canceled the flex option last week how much I wanted this piece. I was scared the AMP would sell out over the weekend without any notice (low quantity alert) i know thats silly due to its price point but that made me realize truly how much I am looking forward to/want this piece.

I was literally checking sideshows page once a day just to make sure...lol

I wish I could have ordered this from BBTS like some others and gotten $100 off but I decided to go the Sideshow route just in case something went wrong during shipping I could be covered hopefully. Although at 500 pieces im not sure if they could replace once it sells out. But kudos to those who got it cheaper!

Heres the deal-I trust sideshow to churn out a good product with how much this cost and how detailed and intricate its design is. I have no fear it will lose its value in the market because its design is such that even people who have not seen the movie or dont even like the movie want the piece or at the very least think its really cool.

At 500 pieces for a movie that has already made over $1.6 billion and will soon sink TITANIC's box office-not to mention best director and best picture awards at the Golden Globes and more than likely Oscars-its safe to say this is a grossly successful film.
I think this piece has a broad enough audience to attract 500 people on the planet to want to own it.

I know many want it but cannot justify the price tag. I understand that and trust me-Sacrifices will be made on my part to obtain one-BUT-

Whether it holds it value-goes up-goes down-what matters to me in the end is the value I get from the workmanship and craftsmanship of the piece and the enjoyment I will get from glancing over and seeing it and knowing I am one of the few who own one/wow thats cool/and just marveling at the design and accuracy of the lifesize version. Its a work of art to me.

There arent many pieces that I can say that about. Ones that you continually glance at and its just really cool to have. Dont get me wrong-I have several pieces from sideshow. Some i have bought and sold. Some I thought were really cool for a while and now they sit on a shelf and I forget they are there and then there are pieces like my lifesize han in carbonite that I look at and im like-I cant believe I own that!

Thats how I feel about this piece. Its just really cool.

Its so cool that people who enjoy movies/collectibles and are genuinely passionate about them and discussing them can chat back and forth on such topics and it is lots of fun. I appreciate all of you who chime in because its always fun to click on the USER CP and notice that a new post has been posted. It seems to make the waiting for the items we collect or like tolerable and is almost as fun as getting the item in the mail(almost ;-)
Or even those who dont necessarily want to buy them but are curious and enjoy seeing whats out there-Its fun and thanks for chiming in.

This movie is a juggernaut. It IS going to be a franchise. I think this may be one of the premiere avatar collectibles to own if not the premiere piece.

I know many are hesistant and are waiting it out to see if they get a better deal and that may be the case- I hope it works out for you, but in my case i just couldnt leave it up to chance. I had to own one.

After seeing what AVATAR merch has become globally i know the market is there and once this item is in the hands of the collectors and you get feedback from reviews i think this will be a very popular piece with a very limited supply.

I have sold cast signed avatar posters and movie trailers for rediculous money lately so i know the collector audience is out there and with heavy pockets. I forsee a few kicking themselves a year from now for not picking this up.

BTW, I have received notice that this piece is 30lbs heavy!(not 12lb as listed on the site) and 22" tall with base (not 21")

So think Indiana Jones PF if you want a comparison although almost 19" wide as well.

Cant wait :)

never seen the film and have no interest in it but i'd consider buying that piece, it's very impressive.

In my case, I LOVE the movie... in fact, if I am going to recommend only 1 movie to see in IMAX3D, this would be IT.

But I do not have any interest in this AMP SUIT MAQUETTE... well, not now anyways. Maybe if this was a LIFESIZE, it would be another story. :)

The only Avatar Product which really got my attention & felt the need to really get one was the AVATAR BINARY WATCH (an out of this world watch, for an out of this world movie) which was one of the promotional marketing products of the said movie.

In my case, I LOVE the movie... in fact, if I am going to recommend only 1 movie to see in IMAX3D, this would be IT.

But I do not have any interest in this AMP SUIT MAQUETTE... well, not now anyways. Maybe if this was a LIFESIZE, it would be another story. :)

The only Avatar Product which really got my attention & felt the need to really get one was the AVATAR BINARY WATCH (an out of this world watch, for an out of this world movie) which was one of the promotional marketing products of the said movie.

That watch is just a cheaply made led watch you can get for pennies on the internet that is probably not licensed and just has avatar printed on it. Cool watch though.

That watch is just a cheaply made led watch you can get for pennies on the internet...

I know.... I have always been curious about those cheap "led or binary watches"... so when the AVATAR MOVIE decided to use them as one of their promotional marketing gimmicks... It just gave me an excuse to acquire one of them (even though it cost more compared to other "non-avatar" led or binary watches)... since I am really always on the lookout for Superhero/ Sci-Fi Movie marketing products:

Similar to the Watchmen "Dr. Manhattan Condoms".... They are just really ordinary Blue Condoms....But having each package "resembles" a matchbook with the iconic blood-stained smiley badge on the front... made all the difference in the world to make this a truly collectible Watchmen memorabilia:

WatchmenMovieMerchandise.jpg

Last edited:
Are you trying to sell stuff? This sounds like spam...lol

AVATAR may not have licensed those LED watches is what I am saying. They look like knockoffs.

Last edited:
Are you trying to sell stuff? This sounds like spam...lol

AVATAR didnt license those LED watches is what I am saying. They are knockoffs.

You are mistaken.

AVATAR did LICENSE those "AVATAR BINARY WATCHES"... they were not meant to be sold BUT was meant to be given as PRIZES/ GIVEAWAYS in conjunction with the release of the James Cameron’s AVATAR "The Game"... which was a great means of promoting the movie also.

Here are the LINKS:

https://www.alltern8.com/competitions/AVATAR/

https://blog.gameloft.com/index.php/2009/12/14/its-avatar-day/#comments

https://www.girlgamer.com/zine/article/517/

https://facebookapps.gameloft.com/rules/AVATAR/rules.html

MOREOVER, here is the manufacturer: RDP CREATIVE who was responsible for these OFFICIAL AVATAR BINARY WATCHES and for some other licensed film/ game giveaways:

https://www.rdp-creative.com/

Every time there is an upcoming SCI-FI or SUPERHERO movie, I really make it a point "to know & to be aware" of what are the OFFICIAL promotional materials, gimmicks, & giveaways that will be used to market that particular film.

Last edited:
You are mistaken.

AVATAR did LICENSE those "AVATAR BINARY WATCHES"... they were not meant to be sold BUT was meant to be given as PRIZES/ GIVEAWAYS in conjunction with the release of the James Cameron’s AVATAR "The Game"... which was a great means of promoting the movie also.

Here are the LINKS:

https://www.alltern8.com/competitions/AVATAR/

https://blog.gameloft.com/index.php/2009/12/14/its-avatar-day/#comments

https://www.girlgamer.com/zine/article/517/

https://facebookapps.gameloft.com/rules/AVATAR/rules.html

MOREOVER, here is the manufacturer: RDP CREATIVE who was responsible for these OFFICIAL AVATAR BINARY WATCHES and for some other licensed film/ game giveaways:

https://www.rdp-creative.com/

Every time there is an upcoming SCI-FI or SUPERHERO movie, I really make it a point "to know & to be aware" of what are the OFFICIAL promotional materials, gimmicks, & giveaways that will be used to market that particular film.

Fair enough, my apologies :)

I have seen too many knockoffs these days its easy to be skeptical

In tonights Sideshow Newsletter-

AMP ALMOST SOLD OUT- Only 9 left and several people over at the Statueforum have already got a few!

Newletter -
The AMP Suit Will Disappear Soon!

Created directly from the 3D image of the actual suit used in the film, the AMP Suite Maquette IS the ultimate collectible from the blockbuster film 'Avatar'! Only NINE (9) more lucky fans will get the opportunity to grab this immense piece for their collections, so get your Pre-Order in sooner rather than later, or you will lose out on the chance to bring this suit home! And remember, use the FLEXPay option when ordering, and in just a few monthly payments under $200 each, this fantastic Maquette will be yours once it beings to ship to fans!

You mean all 2 threads-
I'm dont remember asking sideshow anything. These are threads dedicated to the AMP Maquette which means anyone reading them is interested in that particular vehicle/mech so if something interesting pops up such as someone trying to capture the look of the maquette off of a 9" mattel toy I felt like sharing it. That is all

Either that or telling sideshow they better pull off a quality product :)

I was really pumped about this piece like 10 years ago when it was announced...lol.

Then Avatar came and went and I kinda forgot about it. The only reminder was the monthly credit card charge.

Now that they have FINALLY released the materials that make up this thing Im pretty pumped again. The photos that show the size of this thing next to a person and the perspective of it compared to a hand really shows its a formidable piece.

For a bit all the talk of it being made of plastic alone kinda had me worried because Sideshow was talking about how its made of over 900 pieces and mixed media but plastic doesnt sound too mixed to me.

But now that we know its got 5 or 6 materials including metal (fingers crossed-the floor plating being metal cuz it looks like it)- It looks like it will be a quality piece.

It may hold its value, it may not-but in any case- I think this will be a piece I have a hard time ridding of should I ever decide to one day.

I hope the paint job is close to the proto-then I feel I will be satisfied with my purchase.

Dude this is still 90% plastic im betting. The only parts to have metal in them are probably in the base. The overal suite will be plastic for sure. My sisters earings have more metal in them than this will. Notice how they conveniently left out what parts are metal. Just as they did with the 1:2 Iron man. The only metal on that thing were the foot pegs to hold him to the base. This will be no different....hate to say it.

Chris

I was really pumped about this piece like 10 years ago when it was announced...lol.

Then Avatar came and went and I kinda forgot about it. The only reminder was the monthly credit card charge.

Now that they have FINALLY released the materials that make up this thing Im pretty pumped again. The photos that show the size of this thing next to a person and the perspective of it compared to a hand really shows its a formidable piece.

For a bit all the talk of it being made of plastic alone kinda had me worried because Sideshow was talking about how its made of over 900 pieces and mixed media but plastic doesnt sound too mixed to me.

But now that we know its got 5 or 6 materials including metal (fingers crossed-the floor plating being metal cuz it looks like it)- It looks like it will be a quality piece.

It may hold its value, it may not-but in any case- I think this will be a piece I have a hard time ridding of should I ever decide to one day.

I hope the paint job is close to the proto-then I feel I will be satisfied with my purchase.

Last edited:
Back