Australians

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Agen , another Melbournian here.I have been to a few places here in OZ.
I suppose Sydney you have to go, even though I agree with the other Melbournian .:lol
Mebourne has become rather a cosmopolitan city , meaning night life and coffee shops galore!!! some of the best coffee is here believe it or not!.
Queensland I love and have been on the Daintree tour.
If you have the cash go.
Uluru , unless you have a LOT of cash don't bother, a plane will dump you there, check out this big rock and take you back cause that is all there is to do and see, ____DU is far from there and will cost you heaps!.
I believe V Australia is flying people for around $1000 form LA to Sydney or melbourne. American Airlines is also cheap but I think you serve your own drinks!!:lol sorry but the service is shocking!
As far as the beaches go , never been to Florida ,so can't compare, but north queensland would probably surprise you.
Very beautiful indeed.
Winter in melbourne is just short of snow but Victoria has a lot to do and see.
I suppose it is up to you what you want to do.
i am sure that you would have a friend in every state here that would be willing to take you places, and would save you a lot of money.
Australia has been recently quoted as the most expensive country in the world. I say ripped off but the say it is the cost of living.
There is not much in Adelaide and Perth is very clean and beautiful.
You will not be short of Wildlife and remember Australia has 8 or 9 of the top 10 most deadliest reptiles and spiders,lol
We have it all.
Also every state has something to offer, so ask away.
Marcel

Last edited:
If I were going anywhere in Oz Agen I'd be taking a trip to ____du Nation Park in the Northern Territory and The Kimberlies in Northern Western Australia.
Apparently the scenery and wildlife is amazing.
Maybe next time eh?!
I have no idea why it won't let me type in Kak...adu

Yes, I do really want to go to ____du National Park. However, this will have to be on another trip. I wish I could fit Darwin in somewhere in this trip, but I just can't! :(

Hi Agen , another Melbournian here.I have been to a few places here in OZ.
I suppose Sydney you have to go, even though I agree with the other Melbournian .:lol
Mebourne has become rather a cosmopolitan city , meaning night life and coffee shops galore!!! some of the best coffee is here believe it or not!.
Queensland I love and have been on the Daintree tour.
If you have the cash go.
Uluru , unless you have a LOT of cash don't bother, a plane will dump you there, check out this big rock and take you back cause that is all there is to do and see, ____DU is far from there and will cost you heaps!.
I believe V Australia is flying people for around $1000 form LA to Sydney or melbourne. American Airlines is also cheap but I think you serve your own drinks!!:lol sorry but the service is shocking!
As far as the beaches go , never been to Florida ,so can't compare, but north queensland would probably surprise you.
Very beautiful indeed.
Winter in melbourne is just short of snow but Victoria has a lot to do and see.
I suppose it is up to you what you want to do.
i am sure that you would have a friend in every state here that would be willing to take you places, and would save you a lot of money.
Australia has been recently quoted as the most expensive country in the world. I say ripped off but the say it is the cost of living.
There is not much in Adelaide and Perth is very clean and beautiful.
You will not be short of Wildlife and remember Australia has 8 or 9 of the top 10 most deadliest reptiles and spiders,lol
We have it all.
Also every state has something to offer, so ask away.
Marcel

Thanks for the info, Marcel. I definitely might call up some of you fellow Freaks for hanging out and showing me around town, or something. Would be a lot of fun! Especially if I end up going alone.

Aussies, what are the must-sees/dos of Sydney, besides the obvious Bay and Opera House?

Aussies, what are the must-sees/dos of Sydney, besides the obvious Bay and Opera House?

Circular Quay (Opera House, Harbour Bridge), Bondi, go up Centrepoint Tower and do an outside walk. Go to Manly maybe, you could also perhaps go up to the Blue Mountains.
I love Sydney, but you mainly walk around the CBD, go shopping, and eat.

you mainly walk around the CBD, go shopping, and eat.

That's pretty well on the mark. If I were you I'd land, check a couple of things out, like the Opera house and harbour bridge, then head out at fast as possible and that would allow you to spend more or less time at the other destinations, as you see fit. If something about Sydney appeals to you, you know you are getting back there as the last port of call in any case.

Hey Agen, when in Sydney try to do a ghost tour. They usually take you around The Rocks area, apparently the place is full of ghoulies because of our colonial past.

BOOOO!:horror

It's always fun reading what other people say are the must sees and dos for visitors to your country - some of them I agree with, others I call complete BS on!

Live in Sydney here and I think people have covered most of the big touristy things - climb the bridge, visit the Opera House (see a performance if you like, or go on a behind-the-scenes tour if that's your thing), go to Bondi or Coogee (depending on weather and time of year), take a day trip out to the Blue Mountains, that sort of thing.

One thing I don't remember reading though, is people telling you it's expensive here. I mean, it's EXPENSIVE here. I've lived in London and NYC as well and I can tell you that food and drink are going to cost more than you think they will. We are far more expensive when it comes to consumer goods than the US, and with the Australian dollar and US dollar almost at parity...well, it can add up quickly. Sure, there are cheap(er) options, but just keep in mind that this is not the place to do your Christmas shopping - for example I hardly buy any clothes here anymore, but instead do most of my shopping whenever I go back to the US.

That said, Sydney's a great city to just hang out in - once you've seen the CBD I'd suggest taking a walk to Surry Hills and Paddington which have a much nicer cafe scene. Kings Cross still has a bad reputation as our red-light district but in reality has been cleaned up a lot and is pretty safe, go for a walk through Potts Point and Elizabeth Bay for more cafes, etc. Head out to Darling Point, Double Bay and Vaucluse to look at some of the people who have more money than God, and catch a ferry across to Manly - great for the views of the Harbour alone, but Manly's also a fun (albeit touristy) beachside suburb.

(But I'm warning ya - all this will cost you!)

633523118546839889-travelaustraliaw.jpg

Yeah....Australia can wait. :p

Yeah, sure we've probably got, per capita, more things that can kill you in more inventive ways than anywhere else (like a fish that lies on the bottom on the ocean pretending to be a rock, and then will kill you simply through the pain of its venom if you step on it). But we're a very attractive people, so I reckon it's worth the risk.

Back