Australians

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah and if you're going in Winter and it's still hot enough to go swimming. It's probably not safe to do so.

I'ts probably best you don't go to Melbourne Agen. The only entertaining thing they have down there is The Melbourne Cricket Ground.:lol

I'ts probably best you don't go to Melbourne Agen. The only entertaining thing they have down there is The Melbourne Cricket Ground.:lol

Yeah great place to live but I don't know about spending a holiday there. Go to places like Darwin, Cairns, Gold Coast. Climb the bridge in Sydney then go somewhere else.

Whatever you do though no matter how good of a deal it may seem and no matter what any travel agent tells you..............

Stay away from Adelaide.

Also and I say this in a most serious way. This is not a joke or me trying to be funny this is dead set serious.

If you find yourself being followed by an aboriginal (indigenous) person or group of aboriginal people and you are carrying any sort of alcohol on you. Put the alcohol on the ground and run especially late at night. There is no point getting attacked over a bottle of booze.

Once again this is not a joke or me being racist, this is just a safety issue. Also the more north in Australia you go the more likely this is to happen.

Agen- Are u planning to meet any of the freaks out there?
If so hit Creecher with my boomerang for me plz!

Also and I say this in a most serious way. This is not a joke or me trying to be funny this is dead set serious.

If you find yourself being followed by an aboriginal (indigenous) person or group of aboriginal people and you are carrying any sort of alcohol on you. Put the alcohol on the ground and run especially late at night. There is no point getting attacked over a bottle of booze.

Once again this is not a joke or me being racist, this is just a safety issue. Also the more north in Australia you go the more likely this is to happen.

Oh, come on! :rolleyes:

Okay then, here's a tip, don't carry alcohol around (I don't know why you would in the first place).

Thanks for the info, everyone. I'm not much of a drinker, so I'm not too worried about being attacked by an Aboriginal (isn't it politically incorrect to refer to them as an Aboriginee nowadays?) but I will still be cautious. I always am, I'm pretty observant and always watching those around me.

Why should I not go to Adelaide? I do want to go there on my next trip, as well as to Perth and Darwin.

Trust me, I won't be going in the water. At least not more than knee deep or something. One of my biggest irrational fears is being eaten alive by an animal. Being in Australia, though, my fear becomes more rational with all the beasts you have there. Not to mention that I don't want to be impaled by stingray barb, stung by an Irukandji jellyfish, etc etc. And then there are the land creatures...

Trust me, I won't be going in the water. At least not more than knee deep or something. One of my biggest irrational fears is being eaten alive by an animal. Being in Australia, though, my fear becomes more rational with all the beasts you have there. Not to mention that I don't want to be impaled by stingray barb, stung by an Irukandji jellyfish, etc etc. And then there are the land creatures...

From May to November, there are no stingers in north Australian waters. Stingrays are usually found on reefs, not at coastal beaches. Same with sharks in the north; the only sharks you'll see are on the reef, and even then they a pretty small and harmless.

If you come to Cairns, one of the must-dos is a reef trip; the snorkelling is fantastic. I recommend finding a tour that takes a small number out, so you're not bunched in with all the Japanese tourists. Better yet is Green Island; you can go snorkelling, go on the glass-bottom boats, and they have a croc farm over there as well.

Really, unless you hate water, you should give it a go.

If you come to Cairns, one of the must-dos is a reef trip; the snorkelling is fantastic. I recommend finding a tour that takes a small number out, so you're not bunched in with all the Japanese tourists. Better yet is Green Island; you can go snorkelling, go on the glass-bottom boats, and they have a croc farm over there as well.

Really, unless you hate water, you should give it a go.

I absolutely will not snorkel. I could never submerge my entire body in an ocean. Odds are that I'll be fine, but I've been struck by lightning so I don't take odds lightly.

I absolutely will not snorkel. I could never submerge my entire body in an ocean. Odds are that I'll be fine, but I've been struck by lightning so I don't take odds lightly.

:lol Really? That's a shame........oh well, there's certainly plenty of things for you to do on land ;)

Has anyone ever done a tour from Cairns into the Daintree Rainforest? I would like to see that. What other tours would anyone suggest for the places I'm going? (Sydney, Cairns, Brisbane, Uluru, possibly Auckland)

Take insect repellant. Or at least buy plenty when you get here.

The reason why you shouldn't go to Adelaide is it is arguably the most boring city in the world let alone Australia.

I can't remember where it is but you can go swimming with crocodiles in a glass cage if you wish. Just try to ignore all of the scratches, dents, chips, bite marks on it.

And near the Great Australian Bite they used to (don't know if they still do) enable you to go swimming with the seals. Given that's where all of the Great Whites hang out to eat the seals I don't recommend it.

In all serious though I've lived here all my life (26 years) and I've never been bitten by a snake, shark, spider, stung by a jellyfish or anything like that. You should read up on funnell web spiders and more importantly how to avoid getting bitten by one if you plan on staying in the sydney area.

Last edited:
Oh, come on! :rolleyes:

Okay then, here's a tip, don't carry alcohol around (I don't know why you would in the first place).

I'm not talking about wandering the streets with a slab in your hands late at night. I'm talking about walking from your hotel room to the bottle store on the corner to pick up a bottle of wine for dinner.

Agen- Are u planning to meet any of the freaks out there?
If so hit Creecher with my boomerang for me plz!

Yeah, well your boomerang wont come back. :taz

I iz froma da Melbourne anyways, and Agen aint comin here.

You have a pretty good grasp of Australia Agen. Knowing to call it Uluru and not Ayers Rock. Knowing not to call the indigenous people Aboriginals. The correct term is Koorie. As for snorkelling, they still use glass bottom boats don't they? The most boring city isn't Adelaide it's Canberra. You will need sunscreen, a hat. In the meantime practice saying 'Gerday' and 'your shout'. One after the other, in that order, is what I use.

Has anyone ever done a tour from Cairns into the Daintree Rainforest? I would like to see that. What other tours would anyone suggest for the places I'm going? (Sydney, Cairns, Brisbane, Uluru, possibly Auckland)

North of Cairns, I'd recommend a Daintree tour. Port Douglas is very nice too, but if you're not going to the reef, it could be a little boring. Mossman Gorge is great, and you don't have to go swimming because it also has walking tracks.

South of Cairns there's Paronella Park, an old castle in the forest. Josephine Falls is also a nice spot.

West of Cairns you go up onto the tablelands. There's Kuranda, they have nice markets and a few sanctuaries. I recommend taking the Skyrail (gondola) up to Kuranda, then catching the train down (you get to stop at Barron Falls, although in winter, the falls are pretty dry). There's also Lake Barrine and Lake Eachem, two volcanic lakes. Barrine has a nice teahouse and boat ride around the lake. Eachem is more of a swimming hole.

East of Cairns is the reef, Green Is. and Fitzroy Is. Even if you don't want to go swimming, I highly recommend at least going to Green Island; there's plenty to do that doesn't involve getting wet.

If I were going anywhere in Oz Agen I'd be taking a trip to ____du Nation Park in the Northern Territory and The Kimberlies in Northern Western Australia.
Apparently the scenery and wildlife is amazing.
Maybe next time eh?!
I have no idea why it won't let me type in Kak...adu

Back