Assassins Creed Figures from Fire Figures Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because if they were licensed, they would have (C) Ubisoft 2012 or whatever the legal line is for Assassin's Creed on the photos. The news of this figure would be all over 'legitimate' sources, like Kotaku, IGN, and other video game blogs. They would have Ubisoft logos and Assassin's Creed logos on their site. If it was legitimate, they would have distribution, it would be at other websites like BBTS, Cotswold, etc.

If these are licensed, it's one of the worst 'launches' I've ever seen.

But I mean, hey, you do have 45 days to file a claim, they say delivery in 30 days, so you can always just file a claim. But maybe they just withdraw the funds from their PayPal account as soon as you send payment and take off, so PayPal has no money to refund. That's what happened to me years ago, I don't know if PayPal has adjusted their policy. But go ahead, if you're a huge AC fan, go ahead and buy, I hope it works out for you.

They have the assassin's creed logos all over the place as well as the character names :dunno

Like I've said, I'm not buying unless these go up stateside so there was already a strong possibility that I wouldn't be getting these.

Also, they seem pretty unorganized so it could be that they just haven't sent the ordering info to places like BBTS

Yeah, these things just scream shady. Absolutely no copyright information or Ubisoft logo's, the weird blurry pictures...the fact that the whole process has been insanely unprofessional (they have typos all over things)...

I wouldn't be surprised if they are making these, but I'd be very surprised if this were a legit operation.

The typos could simply be because English isn't their primary language. :dunno just a thought.

As for logos, I honestly don't remember a single ubisoft logo on the HT Ezio pictures..

Damn, you DO get the flying machine free if you're one of the first $100 to order...:gah: do I take the risk???

No, it's if you were one of the first 100 to email them from the beginning of this month.

From Facebook
you can order within 5 days of launch and if you are in the first 100 who emailed us... You will be entitled to have Flying Machine absolutely Free!

$165 is a pretty good price!
If they are unlisenced it may get changed to 'Italian Assasin' before release but they won't get shut down altogether.

No, it's if you were one of the first 100 to email them from the beginning of this month.

From Facebook

Ah see, I was confused. I did that little contest thing they did, and assumed I would have gotten some sort of confirmation email, or invoice.

I entered that contest as soon as they posted it...So I guess I have to order to find out...So shady though...

Ah see, I was confused. I did that little contest thing they did, and assumed I would have gotten some sort of confirmation email, or invoice.

I entered that contest as soon as they posted it...So I guess I have to order to find out...So shady though...

I kind of hope I wasn't in the first 100 so I can wait to order until in-hand shots come. Also, I can't imagine they won't be selling the flying machine separately later.

Going back to my last post, I just checked all the official hot toys Ezio photos, and not a single one had an Ubisoft logo. Maybe there is some hope that these are licensed after all..

Thank for the link , Damn this site doesn't look shady at all :monkey3

:lol

If you're looking on your iPhone or iPad it sure does look shady but once I got on my laptop where flash is in full force, it looked just fine

as an example, this is kind of what the page looked like when viewing on my phone :lol
o-WWW-570.jpg

Going back to my last post, I just checked all the official hot toys Ezio photos, and not a single one had an Ubisoft logo. Maybe there is some hope that these are licensed after all..

or maybe Hot Toys figures are unlicensed as well! We're down the rabbits hole here people :panic::bunnydanc

they didn't have the Ubisoft logo, but the bottom right had "C 2009 Ubisoft Entertainment"

But they did have the Ubisoft legal line, which is the key. Every licensed figure has the copyright info of the licensor at the bottom.

I can guarantee these aren't licensed. I'm not interested in the figure, so it doesn't make a bit of difference to me. I'm just saying this is a huge 'buyer beware' situation. Most if not all, unlicensed bootlegs, are offered through distributors, so you have at least some reputation or safety net.

Seriously, if some customizer came here on the boards, with no post history and showed off pictures of a figure he made and said send me $200 and I will send you the figure in 30 days, how many of you would go for it??

I remember when that Hot Toys Online Shop popped up a while back, I called that one as a scam right off the bat, but people still bought, and of course, it was a scam. Everybody got their money back from PayPal, but it doesn't change the fact that it was still a scam.

Even their specs read like Hot Toys specs...

- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Ezio in the video game Assassin’s Creed brotherhood
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- New Fire Figures TrueType body with over 35 points of articulations
- Real-like hair sculpture with detachable ponytail tied up with ribbon
- Three (3) pieces of interchangeable posing palms including
- One (1) pair of open palms
- One (1) pair of relaxed palms
- One (1) pair of Fist
- One (1) pair for holding swords
- One (1) pair for holding knifes
- One (1) pair for holding crossbow
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
Costume:
- One (1) white colored shirt
- One (1) white-color cape with metal like upper armor
- Two (2) white-color jackets with red-color collar (Hood included in a jacket)
- Two (2) brown-color belts with Pouches & metal-like buckle; sword and dagger sheaths
- One (1) red-color scarf put under belts
- One (1) pair of brown-color pants
- One (1) pair of silver color forearm gauntlets where hidden blades can be put inside
- One (1) pair of black-color long buckled boots
Weapons:
- One (1) metal long sword
- One (1) metal short sword
- Two (2) metal hidden blades inside forearm gauntlets
- Two (2) hidden gauntlets guns with loading function
- Six (devil) metal throwing daggers
- One (1) wood-like Crossbow + Arrows
- Four (1) smoke bombs
Accessories:
- One (1) wanted poster
- Figure stand with Ezio nameplate and video game logo