Asmus Toys: Witch-king figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the thread modification and it helped a little. A replacement body would be ideal though. When putting the left arm back in a piece snapped off of the body, and when placing the figure back into the packaging one of the spikes snapped off the helm. It was like it wasn't even glued on! At least it's an easy fix.

Did the thread modification and it helped a little. A replacement body would be ideal though. When putting the left arm back in a piece snapped off of the body, and when placing the figure back into the packaging one of the spikes snapped off the helm. It was like it wasn't even glued on! At least it's an easy fix.

Sorry to hear that.

And you're right, a replacement body would be ideal.
The thread-mod was just something cheap, easy and reversible I came up with which happened to work out - at least for me.

As cool as this figure is, after seeing how easy those two pieces broke off I'm not impressed with the overall quality of the body. Unless Asmus comes out with a decent replacement body I would rather get the Weta Morgul Lord Statue or the Premium Format Morgul Lord.

Hopefully future Asmus sixth scale figures don't suffer the limp brittle body of the Morgul Lord.

Here is how mine is displayed at the moment:
View attachment 124210
I removed the sleeves, water treated the clothes and "fixed" the joints.

And this is what I have done with the joints:
I took some sewing thread and wrapped it around/inside the joints until they had the desired stiffness.
View attachment 124224
I know it's not a good picture but maybe you get the idea.

this is pretty brlliant.

Mo.jpg
Still one of my favourite figures in my collection, always staring at it ( now with his own Tolkien Shrine)

Just sold mine... haven't even shipped it yet but already regretting it lol. But I only need one witch king and I want to get the premium format statue.

Oddly enough the price concerns me more than 0 feedback. I've been scammed by people with lots of feedback more than I have ppl with 0. Probably not much risk in taking a flier on it. Worst case is they send the wrong item or no item, you open a case and get your money back. So if you can spare the $45 being gone from your account a while, might be worth it.

This has to be a scam, but I'm curious to try it out... https://www.ebay.com/itm/171445374972

Description says they are in Beijing... ebay says they ship from Texas. If they really are sending out this set for $45... lol. It's not true. It can't be.

That's so a scam. Can't believe you guys on here are even wasting your time. You'll be lucky to get the ToyBiz Wraith in that box.

Make him an offer. :lol

Why not just make it a more reasonable price so people aren't suspicious? Also, I though new accounts don't get their funds released until 21 days or positive feedback is given so what's the point?

Messed around even further , and gave him a repaint - more highlights , more metallic glint , also rust, adjusted the cloth , and repainted / customized the base.
I was considering making a new base from scratch, but I currently enjoy where he's displayed. Once more Lotr 1/6 items arrive, I'll reconsider making a new base.
wkr.jpgwkm.jpgwkb.jpg

Back