Asmus Toys: Witch-king figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's worth the price with the second batch that's up for preorder now . The second batch will have a new Kaustic plastik body . The first batch body is horrible .

do you know a source for that info? ive conatcted both BBTS and Asmus but havent received any confirmation that the body is new or updated, if it is im buying :D

I've recently visited ASMUS toys website . #1 originally the witch King was out of stock at bigbadtoystore store and now it's up for preorder again . I thought that production was because of demand . Fine . But now I'm at Asmus toys website and I click on the witch King figure for more details . It says Kaustic plastic body now . My witch King body ( original run ) has many problems . The joints were so loose during production that Asmus had to use electric tape around certain joints to keep them stiff . It sucks but what can we do .

Yeah I know Eowyn came with a body upgrade for the witchking, i just want to make sure the new witchking has that body as well

Yeah I know Eowyn came with a body upgrade for the witchking, i just want to make sure the new witchking has that body as well

I remember Asmus telling us all on this board that a new body was in the works and they apologized for problems with the first run . My ( original run ) witch King is perfectly fine , it's just that the body is very flimsy . I use the stand as support anyway . My advice to you is preorder from Bigbadtoystore because they sold out of the original batch of them and now there mysteriously up for preorder again . That tells me that a new line of these guys are being made hopefully with better results . I'm almost positive the original run did not have a Kaustic plastik body . Kaustic plastick would never of produced such a piece of crap body .

...I'm almost positive the original run did not have a Kaustic plastik body . Kaustic plastick would never of produced such a piece of crap body.
...I still think that ASMUS should send those who bought Morgul Lord a replacement body without requiring to purchase Gothmog. Anyway here's what they posted on their FB page yesterday:

"We will modify the KP01A body that was used in Morgul Lord for Gandalf and later figures. There will be greater movements on the arms, and will surely be tighter on the joints"
BBTS said:
KAUSTIC PLASTIK KP01A male body
Personally, I would say it's more realistic to think this pre-order is a batch that BBTS bought off a failed retailer than it is a re-release by ASMUS with a modified body. Would be very unusual for a 1:6 company to re-release a sold-out figure, and ASMUS always said the modified body would come as a pack-in. First with Gothmog and then Eowyn. Still, I suppose anything's possible. Hopefully BBTS or ASMUS respond and we know one way or the other.

The original run did not have a Kaustic plastik body .

Yes, it did.

From the original solicitation:

Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of WITCHKING from The Return of the King.
· KAUSTIC PLASTIK KP01A male body
· Approximately 35 cm tall
· Over 36 points of articulation

And per BBTS' e-mail when they put the Witch-King back up for pre-order

We have just located a small quantity of the Morgul Lord figure from Asmus.

This is NOT the new Witch-King that Asmus said they were going to do. If it was it would be available for pre-order everywhere

Yes, it did.

From the original solicitation:

And per BBTS' e-mail when they put the Witch-King back up for pre-order

This is NOT the new Witch-King that Asmus said they were going to do. If it was it would be available for pre-order everywhere

Well then I don't recommend the figure ! I'm not paying over a hundred dollors for electric tape around the joints . You gotta be kidding me ASMUS !!

The online rep confirmed in the "questions for asmus" thread they are including the new BLACK body with Eowyn but it can be bought separately but in skin color. They never confirmed if the new bbts batch will have it but Eowyn looks amazing so seems like a no brainer

Well then I don't recommend the figure ! I'm not paying over a hundred dollors for electric tape around the joints . You gotta be kidding me ASMUS !!
This is such old news. The figure is pretty cheap in comparison to other lines and a body swap is not that difficult or expensive.

I agree, you can get a perfectly good body to switch him for 15$ - 20$ . I bought a bunch on ebay, muscular ones and hot toys narrow shoulder ones. I didn't have to change my original WK to a new body because his articulation is perfectly fine, but I plan on using the new body that comes with Eowyn, just for the proportions and for making him bulkier.

Seems to me this must be a second run, if you look at the BBTS EOWYN page.. down at the bottom in black bold print it says.."Bonus Accessory for first run only: Morgul Lord Body" This phrasing seems to imply this replacement body is only necessary for the 1st run, so a 2nd run is coming.... I hope so...:) I did also just read in the Gandalf the White thread that a Asmus rep said they are doing a new Gandalf head to replace the old one which he stated just wasn't that great..??? I do like the moxy of this company!!!

1/6 Scale Return of The King - Eowyn - Lord of the Rings: 12", 1/4 Scale & Premium Format Figures 12" Figures

ASMUS TOYS.... PLEASE answer the question is the Morgul Lord: Witch King going to have a 2nd release through BBTS as their website says they are expecting more in Jan 2015.., or is this just not true.. any info on this would be helpful to those of us supporting you and wanting to buy your product. THANK YOU...:)

ASMUS TOYS.... PLEASE answer the question is the Morgul Lord: Witch King going to have a 2nd release through BBTS as their website says they are expecting more in Jan 2015.., or is this just not true.. any info on this would be helpful to those of us supporting you and wanting to buy your product. THANK YOU...:)

Yes,
I have finally got answers for it.
It is a batch of left over from our dealers,
just a small amount, i heard it is less than 200.
and BBTS took it over.

Also this batch is sent back to our factory, and we swapped them all with the new upgraded body.

Back