Asmus Toys: Witch-king figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used a CooModels base body with extenders on the legs to give him some more altitude for his attitude. I wanted him to have a more ?supernatural? height and vibe like Vader. He looks absolutely wicked and all the better when he can hold a pose.

I?m thinking of ?upgrading? him again and bashing the Asmus parts with the Die-cast ACI Ringwraith parts - the only non-metal parts would be the shoulder armor. I am going to try it on the Phicen/tbleague M-36 (?) basketball player body because of the height and metal structure, which I think could hold all the heavier metal parts.

This actually sounds pretty good. Though with his helmet, he barely fits in the detolf. Do the armor pieces fit on the phicen bodies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is DEFINITELY worth it. As I mentioned above, I managed to get mine just recently, and I haven't stopped looking at it since. As Nyhargo Dirge says, he's just "an absolutely menacing presence". I water-treated his robes and added a custom piece of cloth, mimicking those pieces that go down from his hood, covering part of his shoulder pauldrons and his back, and hanging split in the front. The possibilities are endless:

witch-king.png

witch-king-2-2.png

Oh I might steal your pose! That's awesome!

I absolutely love the this piece. it's still my favorite from Asmus.

Hey, I'm getting my morgul lord in the mail today, can't wait! Can anyone tell me about water treating the cloth components? Does this flatten out the robes? Think this might be a good idea for my nazgul as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Hey does anyone have a Morgul Lord replacement body for sale? or know where i could find one? I know they're hard to come by now so does anyone know of a different body that would work?

The M36 was too big. I?m going to go back with a lesser M with leg extenders - you have to cut the armor to allow the fit. He?s such a dark, shrouded figure, you can?t tell

Hey does anyone have a Morgul Lord replacement body for sale? or know where i could find one? I know they're hard to come by now so does anyone know of a different body that would work?

I am looking for one too :lol

When did Asmus say they would reissue Thranduil the elven king?

He started showing up on eBay at somewhat normal prices and a board member on here bought one and noticed differences in the head sculpt and asked questions about it and Asmus answered saying saying he was being reissued or another batch was being made. Something along those lines. If you search back in the thread for Thranduil you should be able to find more info about it and see pictures of the rumored second batch head. It was a while ago though so maybe they are no longer doing it.

Any tips on getting the belt off? I am about to replace bodies and not sure if there any way to take the belt off without tearing or cutting it. Thanks

I Have same question, should we wait Asmus?

I would bet heavily to see a Witchking again since GTW is coming and then Black Gate Aragorn. Personally I also hope Merry and Pippin get a 2.0 in exchangeable Rohirrim/Gondor armor pieces.

Definitely up for a re-release of Morgul Lord. Would also like to see an improved Ringwraith on steed and armoured Eowyn.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Definitely up for a re-release of Morgul Lord. Would also like to see an improved Ringwraith on steed and armoured Eowyn.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Id love a nazgul on steed rerelease too. Theyre going for pretty crazy prices on eBay . A while back asmus mentioned a nazgul 2.0, not sure whatever happened to that or if it was coming with a horse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asmus can you clarify what plans you have for Morgul Lord and Nazguls figures? Reissued? Some update version 2.0?

One on eBay around 500 brand new in shipper. Should we wait and pray on a 2.0?

I think that this figure even worths the 500$. I have many 12" figures in my collection, from Star Wars, Gijoe, Game of thrones, LOTR.. And this is by far my favourite of all. I if I hadnt it, I would think seriously on paying that for it. And not, I am not the one selling it for 500$ :lol:lol

I was going to attach a picture, but I dont know how to do it here..

Back