Asmus Toys: Witch-king figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well they have Lord of the Rings big and bold so I doubt they would go through the trouble of misspelling Morgul to avoid getting into trouble while having Lord of the Rings big as can be.

My "guess" would be based on some other misspellings in their posts and some people bringing up the location of Taiwan it could be plain and simple misspelling due to English not being their first language. We have threads stating Asmus has the Lord of the Rings License and Asmus Witch King as well as their own website and facebook pages proclaiming it so I would think if they didn’t have the license they would have already gotten into trouble.

As for the Eowyn statue, it could be something as simple as someone owning the statue and thinking it would be neat to use it in the pictures. The statue is never focused in on and to be honest if you don’t know all the ins and outs of the laws you probably wouldn’t think you’d need permission from WETA for those pictures. I think we are reading too much into it.

I for one am REALLY IMPRESSED with what I see so far and am on board for the line!

I can see the language barrier being an issue... but it's been mentioned here directly to them a number of times yet we still see misspellings.

Something seems odd about these, but since there are no alternatives to get these figures I'll still give them my business. I don't really care if the box says Morgal as long as the figure looks as good as this is shaping up to be.

Copied from OSW from a post by Hamanu.
IMG_4513%20copy.jpg

I know the word is mispelled but this image has Newline Cinema and Asmus Toys prominantly displayed. I'm sure they wouldn't do that unless this is on the up and up.

Last edited:
Even HT mispells stuff. Remember Uke Skywalker?

Cool picture Hood. I don't think I will ever use that fire sword, but I bet that makes some people happy.

I swear this board isn't happy unless there is conspiracy or controversy around something.

That does look really cool. You get a fair amount of stuff with him but I would have to find a U-ring stand.

IMG_4513%20copy.jpg

I know the word is mispelled but this image has Newline Cinema and Asmus Toys prominantly displayed. I'm sure they wouldn't do that unless this is on the up and up.

Ok.. that's awesome.
I 'bout ****ed myself when i saw teh flametounge sword.

Is his armor removeable so we can display him as just another nazghoul if we want to?

and I wonder if the rest of the 9 will be sold as the cheaper " figure kits" that were mentioned before...

That is seriously badass! A generous assortment of hands and the weapons look well done.

Flame sword will likely stay in the box, but I'm glad it's included.

Have we heard anything about how many inches tall this figure clocks in at?

He should be about 13.5 inches, right? (Not including the height of the helmet, which I suppose would put him at 15 inches)

IMG_4513%20copy.jpg

I don't give a rat's rear if they put Strawberry Shortcake on the box as long as the figure pictured above is in it.:lol That looks freakin outstanding!:rock
For those familiar with Asmus, does their final product usually do justice to the proto pics?

I've only had their Ghostface figure... and it looked like the pictures on the website. Downside was the body (which was a HT clone) was very loose. Still for the price it was not a bad deal at all.

On this one a loose body would be my biggest concern, but again at the base price even if I have to get a new body (and mod it to be taller) I'll still be happy.

Those last set of shots are really impressive but they really have to fix the spelling of the name.

As a fan of the source material I would think we would. So for me it would be nice if a company making product for a license I care about could spell the names correctly.

Back