ASMUS toys: Mouth of Sauron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to do all that to my fig (minus the rump wound - I don't think I have the time or the talent to pull that off). How did you weather the cloth and what did you use to matt the tail?

Thanks!

OMG dude -- that's insane work! :clap

That rump wound makes me sick. It's great!!! Where'd you get the real chainmail?

Ha ha! Thanks, Wor Gar! The chainmail is from a vintage mesh purse, like this one. I cut it up with a utility knife and painted on some antiquing medium.

I'd love to do all that to my fig (minus the rump wound - I don't think I have the time or the talent to pull that off). How did you weather the cloth and what did you use to matt the tail?

Thanks! The rump wound was actually pretty easy. I just stuck on a blob of sculpy and pressed into it with a pecan :) Then a wash of red paint.

For the cloth I used a combination of sandpaper, emery boards and metal files. Then a water treatment and blood around the bottom. Patience is the key – it took exactly half of the extended editions to break it down. For the tail I slathered it in black acrylic gouache and antiquing medium and chopped into it randomly with scissors. Fun stuff!

Fantastic - thanks Keegan!

:duff

That does look really awesome ! Great work there buddy . Let's see some pictures with TMOS on his steed.

Thank you!

Here we go. Did some weathering on the Mouth - nothing heavy-handed as he's not that beat up in the film. Just broke down the fabric all around and added some blood/mud to the trim. Also swapped out the pants and painted some silver touches to his undershirt to mimic the little bead clasps he has. Love this hellion!

mouth21.jpg

mouth22.jpg

mouth23.jpg

mouth24.jpg

That tongue sculpt! :rock

I wonder if "gorgeous" is the appropriate word... Let's say he's terrific ! You did an incredible job, congrats !!

I wonder if "gorgeous" is the appropriate word... Let's say he's terrific ! You did an incredible job, congrats !!

Gads -- that's a thing of horrific beauty!

It doesn't get any better 'futzed' than that. Take notes gentlemen.

Ha ha! Thanks, y'all! Projects like these are what makes this hobby for me. Happy to have a place to share the insanity!

Back